(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

Hi girls, I just want to keep up with ya's I'm going to start the aphrodites concieving rabbits concieving Rabbits in 2011 thread. And hopefully we have no drama on it. if any of you want to come on over and chat and support us you are more then welcome. I thoroughly appologize for the other thread being closed.

I am sorry it got closed too. I tried to change the topic on there but it got worse. Apparently I can just start another one but, the way I feel now, I won't bother. Perhaps one of the other TTC girls wants to and I can pass on the torch.

At least we still have the grads and, hopefully it will stay a positive place....just don't any of you upset this hormonal preggo lady m'kay :winkwink:

On a happy note, I am under 200 days today! :wohoo:

Hey ladies, sorry for hijacking your thread yet again, but I was searching for the rest of the ttc girls. Having caught up with the story, just wanted to say thanks to 2016 for starting the initial thread in the first place.

And... happy under 200 days!!! Woohoo! Time really does seem to fly!

Little Aurora and Joli - love the bump pics!

To the rest of the lovely graduate ladies... have a happy and healthy remaining pregnancy!

joli - wow what a difference!! lookin good mama!! I have been doing the kegal excersises everyday (10 or so) - it apparently keeps those baby pushing out muscles in tip-top shape..

Tink - what is a TENS machiene?? wow a water birth!! how cool! hope you have a great exprience in it!!

2016 - wooohoo!! under 200 days!!

aurora!! Happy 3rd Tri!!

chia & sweetmama - thanks.. lots of :babydust: to you girls

Dh and I went and bought our baby's first item yesterday .. the bassinet!! it is sooo cute!! It is going to sit in our storage room till mid-august..

https://s7d5.scene7.com/s7ondemand/zoom/flasht_zoom.jsp?&company=ToysRUsGSI&config=defaultZoom&zoomwidth=500&zoomheight=558&sku=p7241714

Joli...... Fab comparison bump pics! You can really see the difference! Lovely bump! ;) I must add some recent ones soon.

Hey Tink - that's a good idea about asking the yoga teacher about some good poses to deal with the pain - I'm going back during Thurs lunchtime, so I'll ask her then! I think Kegal exercises are the same as pelvic floor exercises - I think my muscles down there must be fairly weak, because sometimes when I sneeze really hard, there is tiny leakage (sorry TMI!) - so I better keep doing these exercises :rofl:

I've attached some bump pics - a comparison between 5.5 weeks and 19.5 weeks!

Ooh Joli! Great bump--woohoo!
I don't think I caught how your work handled your pregnancy news. I know you were worried about their reaction. Did it go well? (Or did you not tell em yet?)

Hey Devi.... A TENS machine is a small digital handheld unit which you can control. It has 4 electrode pads which adhere to your back and these supply small electrical charges to your body which feels like a tingling sensation. These electric pulses help you own body to stimulate the production of endorphines which are natural painkillers. You can control how strong the electrical pulses are and boost when you feel the onset of a contraction. You cannot use in water though but many women use these throughout their entire labour and swear by their effectiveness. Worth investigating if you are interested. I believe you can either buy them relatively inexpensively or hire them.

thanks tink - YAY!! you are in the Third trimester too!!!

i just noticed my dd is wrong on the front page its 12th nov :) wow 3rd tri tink!! xx

How we doing ladies?

Charlie gave me a good solid whack while I was trying to wake up this morning! Make me wonder how active he is when I'm sleeping...... sneaky boy.

joli love your bump!!!

I read the other thread. and if I'm honest ladies and don't want to start anything,...I think you were harsh. If thats how that girl wants to live her life then who are we to judge?

Any way Love reading your updates sorry im not more active on the thread

Hi Everyone - I just wanted you to know that I've loved posting on the ttc and the grad thread, and it's gotten me through some tough times, but I'm going to stop posting for a while, at least until this whole nonsense with the episode in the ttc thread blows over. I feel like very time people try to get off the subject, it keeps being raised, and frankly, I don't feel like I should need to defend things that I said. I think my advice was balanced, open and I was looking to try to help someone - I hated that she felt backed against a wall, because she only got defensive, which doesn't help anyone. That is why I was trying to draw her out to reach her own conclusions about her choices. Something did need to be said - we've all been writing to each other for so long, and I like to think that we generally have an open and honest relationship. I thought it was unfair for us to be quietly judging. It's like having a colleague who has bad body odour at work, and you have an opportunity every day to give her some deoderant, but you choose not to because you don't want to offend her, even though you know what others think of her, and that she'll have problems smelling like that. Aurora is right, we don't have a right to judge, but if you don't try to help her and point these things out to her, then you are condemning her to judgement by every one else. I have no comment on things that other girls said, particularly those who hijacked the thread, and agree that those were harsh and unnecessary. Anyways, I hope that you all don't take this personally or feel offended in any way, because I think the spirit of this thread is wonderful, and I sincerely think that you are all fantastic women. I'll keep up with reading your news, but I hope you don't mind that I will hold off on posting for a good month or so until this all blows over.

I just read the weekly update for the 21st week and it said that as your belly grows, your sex drive grows. Are they kidding?? That's like the last thing on my mind, much to DH's chagrin. I feel really unsexy..ugh.
Am I alone in this? Are you all feeling in the mood?? Maybe my hormones are screwed up

joli - i hope you join us again soon

hib - My sex drive was UP UP UP .. but now for the past 2 weeks it is gone down.. I mean I am into it when it happens.. but I wont just go and "Attack" Dh as soon as he got home from work like I used to a few weeks ago.. haha..

Wow great bump Joli...you are still so beautifully slim everywhere else!

I agree we must stop talking about that stupid thread. I went back and realised I missed the last few pages when those other girls showed up and omg the filthy nasty trash they were talking! They were mean and we would NEVER have spoken to her that way. I am sorry your well meaning advice was lost in all that!

Let's please please forget it because, as my DH said, we are making our bodies very unhappy places for our bubbas to live. :hugs:

I agree wholeheartedly to moving on from the ttc episode 2016. Let's make a decision to drop the subject and concentrate on us (Joli.... I hope you come back soon hun as I like reading your updates).

Hibiscus..... I'm totally with you on the sex drive issue. Before kids, I was up for it all the time and used to jump on DH all the time! Lol But I put on heaps of weight I never lost with my first and although I slimmed down a lot, my body was never the same and the way I felt about myself changed. I also struggled together out of 'Mummy mode' and so DH complained and used to think it was because I had gone off him. Poor chap! But I've always worn my heart on my sleeve and told him how I was feeling. It's far worse when I'm pregnant and I am almost fearful of having sex as it's the last thing on my mind. I've often wondered if I'll ever feel the way I used to again or is this it now?! I dunno..... Think I need help! Lol

yeh I totally agree hib I have no children and still have no sex drive haha I just feel as you say so unsexy and really cant be bothered... poor oh

Thanks for you post joli, I will miss you till you come back xxxx

Was at the midwife today, lego is measuring big for dates! Have to go back in 2 weeks to be re measured and if its still big then ill be sent for a scan!

I have a feeling that I left for a week to see my parents and I missed a WHOLE hell of alot!!!!!!! AHHHHH!

I have a feeling that I left for a week to see my parents and I missed a WHOLE hell of alot!!!!!!! AHHHHH!

Well if you do go back and wade through it all...if you come across all the TTC thread nonsense, we agreed not to talk about it anymore...just thought I'd give you a heads up!
There has been done great news - Ladybird had her gender scan, we had some great new bump pics and I reached under 200 days and have my 12 week scan tomorrow! :happydance:
Sure there's other stuff I missed but you can dig for the treasure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->