(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

Thanks Devi....long story short about the TTC thread. One of the girls, Shey, got her bfp with a guy she only just met. She split up with her fiance a few months ago and has had several partners since and didn't stop trying the whole time! She also doesn't have a job or the sort of stable home environment one would hope for a new baby.
I was quite shocked that someone would do that but just left it and left it. Anyway, when she got her bfp, Taebomama just came out and said she couldn't bring herself to congratulate anyone under those circumstances. And she was right.
The rest of the girls chimed in and agreed but there was some to-ing and fro-ing with Shey trying to defend her position.
I felt all the girls were very nice and non-judgemental about it and even kept trying to offer sensible help and advice but Shey would have none of it :nope:

I now think if we just stop talking about it on there and ignore her posts the whole thing will go away and so will she. Feel nasty to exclude people but there is a limit!

Ladybird....we must have posted at the same time! Congratulations on team :blue: it doesn't matter to cry about it - I can understand why you would want a daughter. And of course you will love him just as much. When he arrives I woudl bet money you wouldn't swap him for a stinking girl!

Boys are much more fun, cheaper and less complicated :happydance: (sorry to those having girls) and I am beginning to hope I am having one too!

congrats ladybird!! a lil baba!! how cute!!

2016 -- wow even I am shocked!!

2016, I don't want to say too much in case she comes over here BUT there are some that just have baby fever really bad and will do anything to have a baby. I'm not defending her, it is understandable to a point kinda but went about in the wrong way. I wouldn't have done it, but to each his own. That's all I'm going to say about it.

How are we all feeling ladies? LB congrats on a SON! I was a little disappointed too at first but Charlie has been keeping me entertained since we found out. He does get very active late at night, thankfully he settles down right before bed. Such a good boy already!

I've been busy here at the house. Shopping and take out for my birthday on Thursday, a little more shopping yesterday and I did manage to find some lighter things to wear for the summer, a couple dresses, but no shorts! I'll get some shorts from the donation store here soon. Sometime next week we are getting the AC for the front of the house, so I stay cool. I got the wall in the computer room painted and soon the computer will be out of my dining room forever!!

MIL sent us a gift! Charlie's bassinet! I put it together myself and it's so beautiful! We are starting to get things a bit at a time and hopefully by the end of July, he'll be set and then I don't have to do anything at all but pack and rest!

I can't believe in just over 14 weeks, he'll be here! :happydance:

99 days!!

congrats Lb on team blue...I understand why you had your little cry, will you def have no more after this one? xx

Oh ladybird..... I'm sorry you didn't hear pink and I know how how you must be feeling as I was the same. It good news baby is well though and I'm sure you'll be excited about your newest prince once you've got your head round it all. I am happy now but it took ne a while. Don't feel bad about being sad you're not having a daughter as it's better to express your feelings so you can overcome them.

Congrats on your beautiful lil prince and he will have 2 wonderful big brothers to love him and play with him. Boys are such fun. :)

Thanks for the supportive comments girls, it does help. X
Tink..I know you've been through the same and know exactly how it feels, you are spot on again, I will be ok, it's just going to take me a little while.

GG - I don't think we could afford to have another, plus we are knocking on a bit (37 and 40) so it looks like this is my last and like my mum said after I told her yesterday, "I could end up with a football team before I get a girl!" another helpful comment from mother as per usual!!!
Although if I win the lottery ill be looking into ivf/pgd!!

haha what are mothers like, mine is exactly like that! well never say never! but you will have your 3 beautiful boys to keep you on your toes! xx

Lady bird...I completely understand how you are feeling. Altho we are on team yellow. I am worried that we should have found out incase its a little boys and I have time to get over the fact I will never have a daughter. But its too late now and Ill have to wait to the birth. Just like me...wait untill those wee eyes are looking up at you! your heart will melt!

Here is my latest bump pic!
I think it grew!! LOL...i keep banging things of it...like fridge doors or trying to squeeze thru gaps that are to small lol

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/brainlesslittleaurora/ABCD0kjk007-1.jpg

lovely bump! ah bum the ttc thread got closed, i had a feeling that would happen I kept trying to change the conversation :( and we were just getting back onto the girls ttc! x

Too bad that thread got closed, was a very big help to some of us. Only takes one bad apple though.

Aurora, you are looking absolutely fab!

Thanks Devi....long story short about the TTC thread. One of the girls, Shey, got her bfp with a guy she only just met. She split up with her fiance a few months ago and has had several partners since and didn't stop trying the whole time! She also doesn't have a job or the sort of stable home environment one would hope for a new baby.
I was quite shocked that someone would do that but just left it and left it. Anyway, when she got her bfp, Taebomama just came out and said she couldn't bring herself to congratulate anyone under those circumstances. And she was right.
The rest of the girls chimed in and agreed but there was some to-ing and fro-ing with Shey trying to defend her position.
I felt all the girls were very nice and non-judgemental about it and even kept trying to offer sensible help and advice but Shey would have none of it :nope:

I now think if we just stop talking about it on there and ignore her posts the whole thing will go away and so will she. Feel nasty to exclude people but there is a limit!

Whoa! That's kind of...crazy.
People have babies for all sorts of reasons, but in that case it's hard to imagine that it would be for any healthy reasons. Anyway, I'm done. Lips zipped now.

Congrats, Ladybird! I'm sorry you aren't on team pink--it must be disappointing, but I'm sure this little guy will be wonderful. :)

LittleAurora--great bump!

OK, I just had to go read the TTC thread. WOW!
That got heated, but I'm glad some of y'all spoke up. It really is nutso to talk about trying to conceive a child with someone who's like a one night stand. In my humble opinion, of course.
I just can't imagine what's going on there, psychologically. No job, no relationship. I would be terrified if I got pregnant in that situation!!

I guess we shouldn't judge (but it's hard not to). It sounds to me like maybe she isn't potentially capable of making clear decisions? Maybe there's just something going on there...

ok girls lets not talk abt the ttc thread .. I wouldnt want this thread to get closed down ..

aurora!! what a fab bump! yes you are growing!! YAY!!.. looking good.. n yr doggie looking good too.. ;)

ladybird - dont be sad.. boys are lovely.. think of it this way.. you will get 3 lovely "daughters" in about 20-30 years.. your daughter in laws.. ;)

how is everyone else doing??

aw devi that is such a wonderful way to think about it

imok just aches and paing, im laid up with my back at the moment :( xx

I am sorry it got closed too. I tried to change the topic on there but it got worse. Apparently I can just start another one but, the way I feel now, I won't bother. Perhaps one of the other TTC girls wants to and I can pass on the torch.

At least we still have the grads and, hopefully it will stay a positive place....just don't any of you upset this hormonal preggo lady m'kay :winkwink:

On a happy note, I am under 200 days today! :wohoo:

Ladybird - congrats on the boy! I know it must be frustrating when you were hoping for a girl - but I'm so happy for you that the baby is healthy and happy :) I had been leaning more towards having a girl, and felt some sadness when I found out that we were having a boy, but I felt like after I found out and it sunk in, I was able to bond really well with baby boy... plus, think of all the protection mama will get when the boys get older! No harm will ever come to you! :flower:

2016 - congrats on being under 200 days!

Aurora - your bump looks beautiful! Happy days! :happydance:

GG - sorry you're feeling back pain, I can empathise!! Can you do any swimming where you are? I found that swimming together with physio really helped me out big time. I also got DH to rub in some deepheat before bed - it's a bit smelly but nice to get the attention :)

Tink - I had my prenatal yoga class yesterday - I really enjoyed it! We did a few kegal exercises as well...I had been reading about them, but I must confess that I hadn't done any, it's hard to remind myself to do! The only bummer is that the yoga has brought back a little bit of the pain in my siatica, which is frustrating, but that aside, I thought it was fantastic! How often are you going to your classes?

Have any of you ladies who have had some experience tried doing kegal exercises whilst pregnant? and if so, did you find it made a difference during labour?

Devi - I'll post some bump pics real soon! This may sound strange, but I feel like my bump looks bigger with clothing over it, rather than a bare bump - so I'll get a photo of both as a comparison!

Hey Littleaurora..... Lovely bump you have there! ;)

Joli...... Glad you enjoyed the yoga class. Perhaps you could ask your teacher to suggest some poses that help with sciatic pain? We did one called Half Pigeon which is supposed to help alleviate sciatic pain. Also rotating hips and gentle thrusts on birthing ball are also good. Kegal exercises are the same as pelvic floor ones aren't they? If so, they help to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles which help to push the baby out during labour and also can stop pregnancy incontinence. So very important and you can do them anywhere, even during commercial breaks when watching tv! I'm not very good at remembering them though but find horse riding really helps with this muscle area. I go once a week to yoga class on a Monday but have been practicing inbetween too with what we were taught last week. Can't wait to go tonight again!!! Yippeee!

It's a shame the ttc thread was closed. That's the trouble when we are all crm
such different walks of life with differing views...... I guess it was inevitable as I think most people feel quite strongly about such things.

Anyway..... I just wanted to say good luck to us all with our pregnancies and precious little bundles. It's such an exciting and exhilerating time..... Here's to our futures and wishing you all health and happiness and the same for your bumps! ;)

I've decided to go the whole earth mother/natural route to childbirth this time with minimal pain relief but using TENS, aromatherapy, massage, natal hypnotherapy and relaxation techniques Inc the yoga etc to see if it helps. I'm planning a birthing centre water birth as had a water birth with my first and found it much less painful and stressful for both me and baby. My BMI was too high with my second to go in the birthing pool or to the birthing centre which made me super anxious to begin with. I've only ever had use of TENS, gas and air and tried pethidine with my first but found it did not help me much. So just planning on the gas and air this time. I also recommend perineal massage with olive oil from now on until birth to help avoid tearing. It worked for me! :)

Have any of you ladies plannd your births?

Hey Tink - that's a good idea about asking the yoga teacher about some good poses to deal with the pain - I'm going back during Thurs lunchtime, so I'll ask her then! I think Kegal exercises are the same as pelvic floor exercises - I think my muscles down there must be fairly weak, because sometimes when I sneeze really hard, there is tiny leakage (sorry TMI!) - so I better keep doing these exercises :rofl:

I've attached some bump pics - a comparison between 5.5 weeks and 19.5 weeks!

Attachments

• crop2.jpg
    crop2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 3
  • crop14.jpg
    crop14.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads