(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

noo dont give her them haha!

well we have exciting news dan passed his degree and has a job lined up in manchester (about 2 1/2 hours away) so we have a big move! they want him to start 5th july so were going to look at apartments next week!! x

WOOOOOOOT GEM!!!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY! Your on your way to being financially stable! YAY!

Congrats Gossipgirly and DH!!!! How exciting! Hope your having fun celebrating tonight!

Littleaurora...... When I finally get the camera out to take some bump pics, I'll dig out the scan pics too. Did you ever post a 12 week nub shot on ingender website for them to guess sex? The are pretty much spot on from all the ones I've seen post on there...... Rarely wrong! They were spot on for me although, at the time I didn't want to believe it! Lol

Im not sure you can see a nub on my 12 weeks scan pic! but ill give it a go! thanks!

I posted my scan pic on there but the nub isn't really visible. Those who could see it all said PINK! :yipee:
Funny I get excited about it because I would LOVE a little boy too....just want to win the ongoing joking "argument" with DH and be right! :rofl:

GG....I said in your journal, but lovely to hear things are falling into place for you. xx

Hi girls!! Where has everyone disappeared??

I got a question .. who all is going for those childbirth & newborn care classes??

& is breastfeeding class a MUST?? I have been reading books on it.. do I have to go for the class .. it is $50.. I was thinking not to go, cuz you cant really practise till the baby gets here, right? & our hospital offers to send a lactation consultant to the room when I will be there to give tips and check if everything is going ok..

Hello-
re: classes, I'm taking the breastfeeding class just because I'm so scared about it! But, the lactation consultant could be enough, honestly. My friend, who's a labor and delivery nurse, took the class and still needed to go to the consultant several times. So maybe it doesn't mean a whole lot until you actually need to try it out, ya know??

We had a bit of a scare a couple of nights ago. First of all, I took my bra off after wearing it all day and noticed that my right nipple had been bleeding a lot! I still have no clue what that was about. Seems OK now.

AND then, after DH and I had sex, which was actually pretty uncomfortable, I went to the bathroom and had a lot of bright red blood. Was very thin, just like a cut on your hand or something. I didn't have any cramps so suspected it wasn't from my uterus.
We're out of town, in Washington DC right now, so I couldn't go in to my doctor right away. I called her yesterday and she said that if I have any more bleeding or if cramping started, to go to the ER right away, but otherwise I could come in Wednesday when we're back in town, if it makes me feel better. So, I made an appt for tomorrow. She suspects I have a laceration in my vagina (ugh!) and said no sex for 2 weeks. That's fine with me! I'm sooo not in the mood these days.

Anyway, that was scary, but I feel OK since I haven't had anything since and I'm feeling baby move a lot. I was terrified it was just going to keep bleeding and bleeding! Crossing my fingers that was a one-time thing.

Anyone else have bleeding after sex??
Thanks!

Eeek! Hibiscus....how scary for you :hugs: I have heard a number of girls getting similar bright red watery bleeding. Think your cervix is huge and engorged at this point so can easily bleed if bumped...erm...repeatedly.
Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

OMG hib !! that must have been so scary!!

I had very very mild spotting in the first trimester after sex .. thats about it.. I mentioned it to the doc and she said that the cervix is very sensitive and it happens.. the way u describe it it does sound some sort of cut/wound & nothing to be worried about.. Fingers crossed wedesday appt goes well..

& bleeding nipples?? wow.. how did that happen? I hope you are ok..

Classes - thats what i am thinking too. .EVERYONE i speak to say .. make use of the lactation consultant .. best thing ever!

I am having my baby shower on July 31st!! YAY!! Hospital tour is 25th July.. gosh.. in about 9/10 weeks I will be FULL TERM!!.. how insane is that!?!?

Hey Hibiscus.... Sorry to hear about your episodes of bleeding. Hope your appointment helps to reassure you tomorrow that there is nothing to worry about. Fingers x hun :)

Devi..... I think paying for breastfeeding workshops is probably a bit of a waste of money. There are some excellent DVDs and books out there which would be cheaper and give you the same kind of preparation info. And like you say, the lactation consultant will be on hand after birth to help your little one latch on properly. How exciting that you are having a baby shower! I'm sooooo jealous as I've never had one and with this being my 3rd baby, I think it may not be appropriate! :(

Hope all you other ladies are well!

Gossipgirly..... Don't wear yourself out too much this week and remember to put yer feet up as much as poss! ;)

Joli..... We miss you hun and hope you're ok x

hehe thanks tink! if only we have 20 house veiwing tomorrow and thursday!! x

I took one birthing class 14 years ago, didn't do me any good. They passed out formula like candy, didn't touch on BF, and didn't discuss c-sections which I ended up with anyway. Needless to say, I didn't finish the class, not worth it but like I said, that was 14 years ago.

I'm not taking a refresher course, I kinda think DH needs baby boot camp but between me and his mom, he should be fine. BF classes aren't really offered here, I mean there is a group that gets together but I've heard all they do is complain which I don't want to hear.

I will be buying a book called "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" very highly recommended and supported by the La Leche League International, the goddesses of breastfeeding.

Haven't been posting too much because of the heat and I'm still busy getting the house ready for the baby shower on Sunday. I also think nesting is kicking in a little early this time. I'll be able to get it all done in time but can only do so much at a time. My scar has been bugging me a little so I'm taking more time to rest.

Next appt, July 1st!

Tink I wasn't expecting to have one.. but my SIL very excitedly asked if she could throw me one.. YAY!! & why cant u have one for baby 3?? MM is having one for baby 6.. its so kool!

GG - wow !! make sure you are wearing comfy shoes and carry food and water with u.. rest too.. are u guys planning to buy/rent??

joli - if you are out there.. I miss u too

2016 - how u feeling? is the morning sickness gone??

Hey everyone! I am now toying with the idea of a baby shower...... will give it some thought as could be fun! :) We are off to Centre Parcs on Friday for a long weekend with the kids so won't be on here much then.

However, I've finally got round to taking some photos. Here are some bump pics taken today at 28 weeks. And my 20 week scan pic showing our little beanie baby's profile complete with button nose!!! lol

Attachments

• 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1
Cute bump Tink and super cute ickle button nose...awwwww.

My MS appears (holding thumbs) to be easing...and I have a bit mire energy too but my clothes don't fit anymore! :rofl:

Hello lovely ladies - I just can't keep away from ya! :hugs: Sorry for going offline for a while, was getting too caught up in BnB alternative universe! haha I've totally been keeping up with your updates every day though :)

Hibiscus - do you think the bleeding nip is related, or something seperate? I have been having tremendously painful nipples - every time I get even a little bit told, they hurt so badly that it feels someone is pinching as hard as they can, and it takes forever to warm up! Also when I go jogging, the salt from the sweat makes my nipples sting - I think I must have tiny cuts from chaffing...no bleeding, but still very painful! I think it is worth following up with the doc just to put your mind at ease :flower:

Tink - that is a beautiful bump! You're actually looking pretty small for 28 weeks!

2016 - Great that the MS is finally gone! I can't believe it's been with you for so long, you poor thing!

Devi - that's fantastic that you're going to have a baby shower! I can't believe how far along you are already... I quite honestly still remember you getting your bfp! Where are you going to have your baby shower?

MM - have fun at your baby shower too! Anyone konw whether there is there a kosher time to have a baby shower? Does custom say you are supposed to wait until you're a certain number of weeks?

GG - happy house hunting!

I had an incredible 4D scan last week at 20w, so I thought I'd share some pictures of the little guy with you - I love the first picture, I can see him smiling!

Attachments

• 20 weeks.jpg
    20 weeks.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 14
Yay Joli!!!! You're back and what a beautiful lil boy you have there! He's smiling and then innthe others he's got such cute rosebud lips. It's amazing how clear those 4D pics are these days. Congrats hun! :)

I had a cracked nipple the other day but it healed up..... I think it's caused by hormonal changes and your breasts gearing up for breastfeeding. It just seems to make them more sensitive for some reason.

tink - what a wonderful bump!! u look so fit! Enjoy your weekend love.. and what a cutie lil baba the ultrasound pic is just amazing!!

JOLI!!! HII!!! welcome bk! wow those 3d pics are so cool!! really amazing!! makes everything sooo real! People usually have their showers around 30 weeks.. or so..
i am having mine at my house... It would be easier for everyone..

2016 - thats great the MS is easing off.. Even mine was like like that.. almost the day I hit 13 weeks the MS vanished ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->