(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

Joli!!!!!!! :hugs: Happy 21 weeks. Those are some of the best 4Ds I have seen! That little smile is heart-melting! :happydance:

I have booked a private gender scan at 17+1 (July 17th) just 24 days to go!!!!

Joli most wait till the 3rd tri to have a baby shower. I can't, 3rd tri gets a little rocky for me and I already have way too much to do, so I'm getting it done and out of the way early. There's really no set time for it hun, a lot of ladies do wait till after they know the gender if they do find out.

I probably won't have a baby shower - you need someone to organise one for you don't you? Well my family lives the other side of the world and I doubt any of my friends would bother! :nope:

I was thinking of arranging a shower for my friend but am not sure now. I feel like I have been supporting her throughout her pregnancy, congratulating her each week, listening when she needed to vent but it just seems to be one-sided. She was having her gender scan on the day I was in hospital waiting for the last ectopic surgery - I still sent her good luck wishes and said to let me know as soon as she could all was well. It was a bit hard for me because we had started trying at the same time but I wanted her to know I was happy for her. Anyway, she messaged after the scan but it seemed like she was expecting a conversation to gush about it while I was high on meds/pain and fear! She didn't even seem to care how I was. :cry:
And now this pregnancy, she is hardly speaking to me and didn't wish me before my scan last week. I text her after to say how it went and she only responded the next day. She stopped work 3 weeks ago so imho she should have time.
So I know you shouldn't give to receive :blush: but I figure, why put in a lot of effort to arrange she baby shower like I did her hen night and then, when it comes to me, NOTHING. I wasn't even her maid-of-honour and had only known her for a few months but ended up organising/spending a lot to make it special and nobody who initially promised to chip in ever repaid me.
But perhaps I shouldn't be so nasty and just realise some people don't think that's what a friend does and I musn't expect everyone to want to behave as I do. :shrug:

Wow does that sound like a preggo rant or what? :haha:

I will just live vicariously through all you girl's lovely showers! :happydance:

Hey 2016 - I think you should still have a baby shower! My family all love around the world as well, and given that only 1 of my friends here has a baby, I'm not sure whether it would cross the minds of my other gal pals...but I'd be happy to organise my own - or at least ask someone to help organise it with me? It would be such a pity for you not to have one, especially with this being your first baby - plus it's a great excuse for some help on baby supplies! :) I'm sorry you had to go through such a yucky experience with your friend whilst you were having to deal with your ectopic - I can only imagine how hard that must have been for you. Your pal sounds very absorbed in her own life at the minute, but don't let it get you down about your own little bundle of celebrations in your belly! :hugs: PS - looking forward to the results of your gender scan!! We did a 17 week scan too when we found out about baby boy!

Thanks for all the info on baby showers ladies! I would like to have one...I guess I'll wait until I'm about 32 weeks, then everyone should be back from their summer holidays by then!

I just had lunch with my 1 friend here with a baby - she just delivered 2 weeks ago, and poor thing had to go through labour and then have an emergency C-section cause the baby's head was just too big. Interestingly, she said out of the labour and everything... it is breastfeeding which she is finding most painful and most difficult! I'm worried that I'll have some difficulty as my nipples are already so super sensitive and sore at the minute, but I really really hope it won't be too much of a problem!!

hey im back :) lovely scan piccys and bumps !

we are just renting for now devi we need to move in 3 weeks, we have found a lovely little 2 bed new build house on a lovely quiet family estate so put a deposit down on that, we cancelled the rest of veiwing for today after we found it as we saw some right crapholes yesterday and wanted to snap this one up! xx

2016- You should totally still have a baby shower!!!!! I would throw my own in a heartbeat if no one wanted to throw me one!!!! My mom is going to throw me one in August and then Justin's Auntie Dawn is going to throw me another one with his family since they are so far apart! I wish I could have 20 baby showers!!

Joli- I'm really glad your back!!! Breastfeeding is different for everyone... but I reallllllly think most of the time it feels better after you do it because you have SOOOO much pressure built up in your poor boobs! I remember having milk in and I was in agony!!! I didn't care because it was the only time my boobs were a D cup :rofl: so I was like WOOT LOOK AT MY CLEVAGE! but it totally hurt! Lets hope you have NO problems at all!

In my news.... and I'm gonna post in the 2nd tri thread AND call my dr..... but Oh and I were getting frisky last night and when it came to the actual BD it hurt SO BAD.... so we changed position.... and changed position again... and the result was that not only was I unable to have sex with him..... but I was in PAIN. Now why is that??? I felt like I was bleeeeeeeeeeding... and I wasn't but it hurt... and I'm not comfortable with that because I love my sex life!!!! Does anyone else have this problem?? or had it and it went away?? or is this even a baby thing? I would have to assume so because I've never had pain during sex before! grrrr

it was painful for me yesterday i ws also gonna speak to mw as think i might have a slight infection x

GG & claire - it apparently is quite normal.. it happens becasue we are so swollen up in there.. everything closes up.. so thats why.. its a tight space & it hurts.. use lube / something to make u comfortable..
It happens to me.. TMI.. starting off hurts for me sometimes too.. I even start saying OW OW OW.. Dh gets worried and says should I stop.. but the pain goes away in a few secs..

Joli - Yea the freinds of mine who have a kid also say the same thing.. boobs kill them.. BF hurts like hell in the start.. OH WELL..
You should have a shower.. get planning..

2016 - Even my family is all over the world.. Only DH's sister is in USA.. and couple of freinds offered too.. I am sure as you get closer to time.. some of your friends may offer to throw you one.. you can start dropping hints from now..

GG - glad you found a place fast.. have fun with the move!! it can get hectic though..

OMG this lil baby kept me up all morning.. I have been unable to sleep since 4am.. kicking and moving around non stop till the alarm ran at 6:30am.. GOSH! and then Lil Pandu decides to sleep.. Lil wigglie bugger..
Last night I was just flipping through my pregnancy journal.. and i have the ultrasound pics pasted in it.. I just couldn't believe that there is a REAL baby in my belly already big & 2 and half pounds and 14 cm's and all.. Dh was like what do u mean u cant belive it? Look down at yr belly and you will see.. So hard to digest it.. I was freaking out!

Here is my new bump picture!! Well the whole collage anyhow!

Attachments

• bumpcollage.jpg
    bumpcollage.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 7
hello everyone, sorry I've been absent for a while but I've been struggling to deal with things.
I've been lurking though. 2016 congrats on yr 12 wk scan pics, squiggle looks great.
Joli - Your 4d scan pics are beautiful, especially the smiling one.
GG - well done to yr other half! best of luck with the move, glad you've found a lovely house, must be such a relief.
I know I've forgotten people but thats all what I can remember at the mo, my head is a bit haywire at present.
I've had the results back from my quad blood tests and they are 1:41,000 and im low risk so I was pretty chuffed with that.
I had my 20 wk scan yesterday and ive attached a pic below of the profile. In a cruel twist of fate the sonographer told me it was a girl, that was until she made me lie on my side as bubs wasnt co-operating. She then said "oh hang on, look what I've found, there's a winkie hiding behind the cord" and she showed me. Got to admit my heart did sink. So its definately another boy.
They also put my due date back to 12/11/10 so Im 19 wks 6 days but as far as Im concerned Im sticking with my original date as I know when I ovulated etc. Not that it makes too much difference anyway.
Ive attached pics of my bump now, a 4d from my gender scan at 18 wks 1 day and the potty shot from my gender scan

IMG_0284a.jpg
IMG_0283a.jpg

IMG_0277a.jpg

IMG_0276a.jpg

hi ladybird thanks :) oo thats my due date :D oh that was a bit crap for you but glad baby is healthy and bloods are all ok.
photos are lovely :) very clear and such a cute botton nose!
Got my scan tomorrow, wonder if darcie will still be a girl.

Lovely bump collage ClaireNicole! :)

Ladybird..... Again lovely bump hun and cute pics of baby too. I'm sorry you didn't hear girl this time and I know exactly the emotions you are feeling right now. It's hard to accept when your heart yearns so badly for a girl and then you end up feeling guilty for feeling that way because it's not fair on baby. It's natural though and you need to go through all the different emotions until you can accept it all. Another lil boy will be lovely and you'll melt when you first hold him in your arms and look at his little face looking at you. Xx

Yeah Manchester is only half an hour down the motorway from me, I love going for a wander round the Trafford centre. We'll be nearly neighbours x :)

ClaireNicole - lovely bump pics! You have such a nice round bump right now, I love it! Thanks for the breast feeding info :)

Ladybird - AWESOME photos! I love the 3D photo! I'm sorry about your being dissapointed about having another boy...I think a lot of the girls on this thread are able to empathise. But as Tink said, once it sinks in, you're gonna be nothing but happy about having another beautiful baby boy. What is a quad blood test? I didn't have any bloods taken at 20 weeks - did everyone else?

Devi - I know it's horrible not to be able to sleep properly - but at the same time, i can't help thinking how cute that pandu was doing his little wiggle dances! I've heard that when you're walking around you rock baby to sleep, so maybe you can do a quick walk around the house and then try to lie down again - pandu might have fallen asleep from the little walk?

GG - good luck with your scan tomorrow!! Send us pics!!

Hi joli, thanks for that, I'm coping ok at the moment but just feel like such a bad person for having those thoughts in the first place. I had my quad blood test at 17 weeks, it's for downs syndrome. Because I'm 37 I thought it wise to have it done. I had to wait a over a week for the results and then cause I haven't posted for a while I thought I'd mention it. Sorry for the confusion! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->