(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

BTW has anyone noticed that we have a bit of a race going on between several of us?

I know Aurora will go first but between me, Tink, and Devi it's looks like we have a race! Going to be a busy week then!

LittleAurora ........3 Sept 2010 (45 days till 40 weeks)
Tinkerbell ......15 Sept 2010 (57 days till 40 weeks)
Devi#1 ......... ...18 Sept 2010 (60 days till 40 weeks)
MommyMichele...C/S 22 Sept 2010 (64 days to go)
iwanta8a8y ........7 Oct 2010 (79 days till 40 weeks)

I hope they all come on time and no one is late!

There it is Aurora! Was just lagging!

I can see me being late. This baby feels very comfy..so if I'm due 3rd they will let me go to the 17th. But I might try and hold of on being induced so I can still have a water birth, provided baby is still happy

Hello lovely ladies! I'm back from Canada - had a fantastic break and feeling very relaxed (although jetlagged with the 12 hour time difference!). I'm having fun reading all of your updates - but 2016 I have to give massive congratulations on your baby boy!!! Yeah!!! We had so much fun shopping for baby stuff - we went to Babies 'R Us when we were in the US visiting my Grandma, and bought literally everything except for a car seat and breast pump. The shipping to HK cost just as much as the products themselves, but to buy everything in HK costs double, so it worked out to be the same but with far more choice. Plus we were totally daunted when we walked into the store, we had no idea where to begin, and they were so amazingly helpful. Doing all the shopping made everything seem even more real - in support of year of the tiger, we got baby the cutest little Tigger outfit! I can't believe how many of you girls are already past the 30 week mark!! Time is flying by!

I thought I'd post a bump pic from holiday, this is when I'm about 23 weeks - but he's much bigger now! Attached are also some baby outfit pics. We had a scan today, and doc says baby is currently 2 pounds, and is a big and tall boy!

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 12
  • baby clothes.jpg
    baby clothes.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 7
Joli...somebody call the bump police on that amazingly smooth tanned bump! Amazing yummy mummy! :thumbup:
Those little outfits are so cute and I just realised you passed V-day while you were away. Congrats!

2016 - the superman outfit was from Mothercare in the UK - they had really adorable stuff there (DH's mother bought it for us whilst she was in the UK), you should check it out for your little boy - so much fun buying little outfits! :)

the race is on!! any bets ladies?!?!?! I hope I end up going after aurora.. cant wait for 18th..

aurora - lovely stroller.. we are not buying a stroller for the baby.. plan to baby wear.. lets see how long that carrys on for .. then will buy a stroller if we need to.

MM - cutie lil covers!! The thought of cloth diapering did cross my mind once.. but toooooo much work! My apt doesnt have a in-unit washer drier, its there in the basement.. and plus I will have to do the poop cleaning and all.. ( yuck yuck yuck ) & I dont think I can handle it .. DH wont even touch it with a stick.. not my cup of tea.

2016 - so now u know its a boy.. any plans to start shopping yet?? or have you already started?

Joli- YAY! welcome bk.. wow.. nice & tanned! looking so good! & such cute lil outfits.. wow nice to have all the shopping almost done.. now you can just sit back and relax in the 3rd tri.. Happy V day to you too.. I remember the first time I went into a babiesrus store ever was in & around 25 weeks.. DH & I were so confused & overwhelmed by all things baby!! OMG.. took us 10 mins to adjust to it all.. haha..
wow baby is nice and big now.. mine was 2lb 3oz at 26 weeks..

Yesterday we finally signed up with CBR for cordblood banking.. its so expensive but feel safer knowing the cordblood is banked just in case..
Does anyone know what happened with britt from the ttc thread? i miss her..

Devi...funny you should say that. I just posted Squiggle's first outfits in my journal:

0-3 months (winter)

https://lh6.ggpht.com/_F9Szj08yWMk/TEW8Inlyg5I/AAAAAAAAAkc/gADJoSeKxtg/s400/P1080893.JPG
5 pieces on the left on sale in Tescos for just £5! I know tiny bibs like that are all but useless but I thought it looked cute and was good value for all those bits. The lovely puffy hooded jacket on the right was full price in M&S for £8 but has a horsey on it so I couldn't resist :blush: It is also reversible.

https://lh3.ggpht.com/_F9Szj08yWMk/TEW8SANNunI/AAAAAAAAAkg/KPm0klPzxLw/s400/P1080894.JPG
Cute little track suit top, on Tescos sale for just £1 :yipee:

https://lh4.ggpht.com/_F9Szj08yWMk/TEW8r2mLxaI/AAAAAAAAAko/u1dMPBigMI4/s400/P1080897.JPG
Cuddly wuddly sleepsuit from Next sale for just £4.

6-9 months (for next spring/summer)

https://lh4.ggpht.com/_F9Szj08yWMk/TEW87rMs-eI/AAAAAAAAAks/mibMytgZ5JI/s400/P1080900.JPG
Love a bit of safari animals and jeans are always useful. Next sale for £7 the set.

https://lh4.ggpht.com/_F9Szj08yWMk/TEW8c7u7zKI/AAAAAAAAAkk/GpwcD3FcpYQ/s400/P1080895.JPG
Difficult to see in the photo but the text says "Big Gorilla Hugs". DHs Dad is known as "Gorilla" or "Silverback" (long story) so I thought he would get a kick out of this one! :haha: £5 the set from Tesco.

Still a long way to go! :wacko:

omg... I have a whole laundry basket (a big one) filled with baby girl 0-3 month clothes!!!! I'm going to wash them all before I put them on baby... but I've actually been forbidden to buy anything else in 0-3 months... or clothes at all really :| apparently I have a problem! All of you guys' stuff is so cute though!!!!

I'm not even in the race lol :( I'm just end of October lady! BUT I'll put 20 imaginary pretend dollars on Devi going first!! YAY BABIES!

I'm just waiting for 3rd tri now... I'm like ANY DAY SHEESH

Everyone has some really lovely baby buys...... Well done ladies! I particularly like the baby boy superman outfit Joli! ;) And what a fab figure you have..... Beautiful! I was pleased to hear you had a lovely holiday too. I reckon LittleAurora will be the first to give birth to her tiger.... Can't wait to see how things pan out for us all.

As for me, I have 8 weeks to go tomorrow bit today I've been in
agony and barely able to walk due to the pain in my pelvis. I had it before as my ligaments start to relax down to allow sufficient flexibility in my pelvic region to allow me to give birth. But I've never had it this bad and it's tired me out! I'm seeing my midwife on Thursday so if it's no better I think I'll have to ask her to refer me for physio. Boo hoo :(

Wow loads of chat, I'll have to catch up.
Joli - gotta say you look amazing, wish I looked like that in a bikini, mind you I am quite chuffed I'm on no 3 and still don't have a single stretch mark. Thank god for cocoa butter!!

Loved yr bump pic aurora and especially the grey top you wore.

2016 - you've picked up some great bargains,
I need to start buying soon, haven't got on single thing yet. Been spending loads trying to sort the house out

2016 - awww those outfits are sooo darn cute!! they all match pretty well too.. I love the lil coat!! adorable!
I love buying lil baby clothes.. but I am not buying anymore I have around 15 pairs of clothes 0-3 all gender neutral.. enough & I think mum has bought some too.. so now clothes shopping for 3-6 & beyond will happen after the baby is born & we know if its a girl/boy .. I want pink/blue in the wardrobe now

Tink - you have that pelvic pain too?!?! I have it also .. started a week ago.. its bloody agony.. but I only have it when I stand up/ get out of bed in the morning / change position at night.. its there for a few seconds until I start walking around & then it goes away.. not too bad , but ouch it hurts! It hurts the most in the morning when I get out of bed I have to hold on to something and walk for the 1st min & then I get better.. eeeessh!

Devi and Tink - sorry to hear about your pelvis pain, I can totally empathise!! I had physio every other day for 2 weeks, then twice a week thereafter and did lots of swimming and that seemed to do the trick! It was wonderful doing swimming as well as it takes all the pressure off your back. I really hope you two don't suffer too long with this, I know how unbeliveably painful it can be!

Devi - Britt is still lurking though not posting as much. She's just had her 3rd IUI and is around 4/5 dpo, so fingers crossed for her!!!

2016 - what adorable clothes!! and what incredible bargains! I wish we could get bargains like that here - everything is imported so it's crazy expensive! I especially love the puffy hooded jacket that you bought, that will be perfect for winter :)

ClaireNic - you should post up some of the girly outfits you bought - as much as I love buying cute boy clothes, the girl clothes are incredibly sweet! Aren't you in 3rd tri yet? When does 3rd tri officially start?

Ladybird - that's awesome that you have no stretch marks, I'm so paranoid about getting them as I already have a lot on my bum and hips from growing so quickly, and my mother has a flat stomach, but she has sooooo many stretch marks - I have been using Bio Oil every morning and night, and am hoping that works. What brand cocoa butter do you use?

Aurora - beautiful bump pic! You must be so excited now!!

ladies I need some advise..

with the little ones .. when putting them to bed at night.. do you place a blanket on them or not? or to get one of those wearable sleep sacks ?

Devi - I'd love to know as well - my mom said in her day, there weren't any sleep sacks, and some of them look kinda restrictive...although I have seen some where the baby can put their arms through... no idea what's best!

I was thinking of swaddling at first cos Squiggle will go straight into a cot. It may look restrictive but it can make them feel more secure - how restricted were they in the womb?
If that doesn't go down well I fancy sleep sacks. But I think cellular blankets are fine too.

True true about being restrictive in the womb 2016! What is a cellular blanket?

I love swaddling my newborn!! after they get a few weeks old Ill use blankets or a grow bag. But I feel swaddling is def the way to go!! plus it looks so cute! lol

also

Sorry for a selfish non baby related thread...but will you please vote for my dog? Thanks :)

https://mygsdog.com/wp-content/plug...g.php?img_id=103&post_id=998&order=most_voted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->