Team Baby for 2012 - over 35's

Supposedly the Soy Iso is like Clomid which is why I took it (secretly wanting twins LOL) but if that is what shortened my cycle I don't want it lol

Supposedly the Soy Iso is like Clomid which is why I took it (secretly wanting twins LOL) but if that is what shortened my cycle I don't want it lol

So there's a possibility the soy will increase your chance at twins? Hadn't heard this, hmmmm, thinking I might try soy... I would love twins! Gal I went to HS with just posted pics on FB of the twins she just had, right before her 40th b-day. One of each, so perfect!

I was hesitant to try soy because it seems to mess with "normal" cycles, but I know that Clomid is also prescribed to women with normal cycles who may have 'weak ovulation' or to help with better egg quality.

Who here has done Maca and what are your thoughts? Kind of was thinking of getting it but after the early AF with the Soy Isoflavones I am afraid now LOL

LLbean,

No thoughts on Maca, but wanted to share my thoughts with you. I was only taking a 50mg tablet of DHEA every other day after the incident with Vitex and I'm not even doing that anymore. I've even decided not to take Soy Iso's since this past cycle resembled my normal cycles before the one shot of depo. I figure that if my body is trying to "reset" itself then I probably shouldn't be messing around with anything else that could potentially make ttc even harder. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not willing to mess with my hormones anymore. Just going to let nature do her job and temp from now on.

I bought some soy isoflavones in jan, ready for my feb cycle, but got my bfp before I needed them. Ive always been a little hesitant about them because I know that I ov each month on my own. I am seeing a fs on monday and will beg him for clomid. If he refuses i'll be using soy next cycle.

I was hesitant to try soy because it seems to mess with "normal" cycles, but I know that Clomid is also prescribed to women with normal cycles who may have 'weak ovulation' or to help with better egg quality.

Good to know. I'll definitely do more research before I try anything like that. I'm planning to go at least 2 more cycles charting before adding supplements or seeing a Dr. This is my third cycle charting but the first one was way off. AF came way early, there was just a lot of craziness in my life that month. So I'm thinking once I have 4 months of charts (and no BFP), plus the history of us trying without charting for 6 months, and NTNP for 6 months before that, I'll have a better understanding of my cycle and hopefully some ideas for what new thing to try.

I bought some soy isoflavones in jan, ready for my feb cycle, but got my bfp before I needed them. Ive always been a little hesitant about them because I know that I ov each month on my own. I am seeing a fs on monday and will beg him for clomid. If he refuses i'll be using soy next cycle.

I think I will do the same. I feel like I am too old to be 'taking it easy'...Just wonder if they will make me do a bunch of testing before they prescribe it...I am sooo not fond of docs.

Grace- what was your incident with vitex?

Around 4-5 weeks of taking just 400mg a day I started having issues with my heart feeling as though it was racing. Went to work red faced one morning and my coworker suggested I go up to the 2nd floor and have one of the nurses check my BP, which was 162/98. Four hours later it was 166/110 and I went straight to the ER. Head CT and EKG were beautiful. I do not have anxiety attacks. I am under the same amount of stress and have the same sleep pattern as before. It was suggested that the high BP was due to stress and/or lack of sleep. So nothing has changed, except I quit taking the Vitex and I haven't had another incident of high BP.

Around 4-5 weeks of taking just 400mg a day I started having issues with my heart feeling as though it was racing. Went to work red faced one morning and my coworker suggested I go up to the 2nd floor and have one of the nurses check my BP, which was 162/98. Four hours later it was 166/110 and I went straight to the ER. Head CT and EKG were beautiful. I do not have anxiety attacks. I am under the same amount of stress and have the same sleep pattern as before. It was suggested that the high BP was due to stress and/or lack of sleep. So nothing has changed, except I quit taking the Vitex and I haven't had another incident of high BP.

Oh, how scary! Now I am afraid of Soy and Vitex.

Hi Hun I tried soy this cycle and it did bugger it up a bit. It delayed my ov by a week. Wouldnt try it again. I'm seeing my fs mid may and he has said if I'm not pregnant by then hes going to give me clomid. I ovulate on my own so I'm hoping like you said for better egg quality/ stronger ovulation. X

I am on my 3rd cycle of Soy. First one took it CD3-7 and normal ovualtion CD14, 2nd time tried CD2-6 and O'd on CD10....still had a normal LP both times. The only thing I found was when I came off it I had a 19 day cycle!! with Ov on CD6 or CD12...hard to tell! I am trying it again though...CD3-7 and O'd CD13.
I have heard good success rates with it though.
I am also just starting to take Maca this cycle but bought it mostly for OH to increase sperm count. Not sure if he has an issue but thought it wouldn't do any harm :winkwink:

You might find this site interesting https://natural-fertility-info.com/increase-egg-health

Oh, how scary! Now I am afraid of Soy and Vitex.

I am probably one of the rare statistics that this can happen to, Indigo. Many women take these natural products and have no adverse effects so I don't want to make anyone afraid to try these products because they just may help you an be what you need! The ONLY warning I am willing to give is to start with the lowest dose and work your way up to what works for you.

The way it was explained to me is that there may be a familial tie between High BP and taking the vitex. I should also say that I am extremely sensitive to any hormones. Even when I tried to take the pill in my early 20's I had issues and ended up using NFP because I would wake up throwing up EVERY morning. It was like being in the first tri every day with no bonus at the end. Also, when I tried the depo shot I quit having periods immediately. No spotting. No cramps. No nothing except a large weight gain within a very, very short time, and with that one shot it took 6 months for me to even have a period after going off the shot. It's just me and my body chemistry.

That is scary! I've not noticed any side effects from vitex, except less pms. This is a VERY good thing for both me and my husband.

The thing that most scares me about soy is having an anov cycle, then having to wait for my cycles to go back to "normal"

Hi Hun I tried soy this cycle and it did bugger it up a bit. It delayed my ov by a week. Wouldnt try it again. I'm seeing my fs mid may and he has said if I'm not pregnant by then hes going to give me clomid. I ovulate on my own so I'm hoping like you said for better egg quality/ stronger ovulation. X

Hi- Thank you so much for this reply. Now, I will definitely stay away from Soy. Has your FS done a bunch of testing on you before agreeing to prescribe Clomid? I wonder if I would have to find an Ob Gyn or FS, or if my GP would prescribe it for me...My GP is so lovely. After learning that we were finally going to TTC, she proudly stated that she just had her twins at the age of 40.

That's great news about twins at 40! Yes indigo I've had all the routine blood tests and the hsg procedure, all ok. Fs wanted to wait 3 months after the hsg as apparently you have a 30% more chance of conceiving afterwards. Well not for me??!! Still bloody trying.
So it looks like clomid is coming my way. How long have you been ttc Hun? How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Xxx

That is scary! I've not noticed any side effects from vitex, except less pms. This is a VERY good thing for both me and my husband.

The thing that most scares me about soy is having an anov cycle, then having to wait for my cycles to go back to "normal"

Melly that's exactly what frightened me when I took soy. Thought for the 1st time since tracking my cycles it was going to be an anov cycle. It still worries me that next cycle will still be odd and I'll have another late ovulation. That will teach me for taking soy even though my acupuncturist advised me not to. Doh ! X

Glad Vitex has a positive effect for you.:flower:

yes Grace, I am thinking to just let my body react normally... even considering getting plain folic acid instead of prenatal vitamins... these last 2 months I have ballooned with air in my belly after O and it really threw me for a spin... I swear it feels like pregnancy but it is not, so I am thinking it may just be the vitamins?

Was curious on Maca but maybe I need to let that go too.

yes Grace, I am thinking to just let my body react normally... even considering getting plain folic acid instead of prenatal vitamins... these last 2 months I have ballooned with air in my belly after O and it really threw me for a spin... I swear it feels like pregnancy but it is not, so I am thinking it may just be the vitamins?

Was curious on Maca but maybe I need to let that go too.

Hey LLbean I've took maca this cycle and found it ok x makes me feel more upto DTD like I have way more energy dont know if its just cos I'm excited at the thought of another baby but I have no problems with it xx

ps. sorry that witch got u early hun remember she got me last month 3 days early :growlmad: x hope you have a great time in LA xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->