Team Baby for 2012 - over 35's

yes Grace, I am thinking to just let my body react normally... even considering getting plain folic acid instead of prenatal vitamins... these last 2 months I have ballooned with air in my belly after O and it really threw me for a spin... I swear it feels like pregnancy but it is not, so I am thinking it may just be the vitamins?

Was curious on Maca but maybe I need to let that go too.

I know what you mean about the bloat, but I can definitely relate it to things I eat, drink, and the amount of stress that is going on. This month has been relatively stress free and I'm feeling much better with being out in the sun as well.

I just have this feeling that good things will come with several weeks of fresh air, sun, and all the wonderful fruit and veggies to come in my garden. LOL! I definitely need to move to a warmer climate, that's for sure!

yes, looking forward to fresh LA air (I know, pollution, but I go to Santa Monica...where I used to live and miss terribly!)

I am now up to 192lbs and HATE IT! I should be 140 to no more than 150... stupid estrogen... this is why I was thinking Maca cause I hear it helps you get rid of the excess Estrogen.

That's great news about twins at 40! Yes indigo I've had all the routine blood tests and the hsg procedure, all ok. Fs wanted to wait 3 months after the hsg as apparently you have a 30% more chance of conceiving afterwards. Well not for me??!! Still bloody trying.
So it looks like clomid is coming my way. How long have you been ttc Hun? How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Xxx

I will be 39 next month and this past cycle was our 3rd try....I know that's not very long, but I am not the most patient person...Was the hsg procedure horrible?

To be honest indigo, the build up was worse than the hsg. I read up so many horror stories on here and other sites that I was expecting to have some pain. In all honesty I didn't feel much. I didn't have any cramping during the hsg just a little that evening. I didn't feel the need for pain relief at all. I'm probably in the minority, but another lady who I chat to on here also found it not so bad. What is your plan Hun , try for another 3 cycles and seek help or if your gp is helpful see her soon? Are you ttc #1? I don't think it's so much you being not patient, I think it's that biological clock that we hear ticking so loudly,it makes us panic. Mine seems to be deafening!

Yes, we're trying for #1.
I am unsure of what to do next. What do you think?
So glad the hsg wasn't horrible for you.
What about you? Is this # 1 for you and how long have you been TTC?

Hello Ladies!
LLbean
I'm a little technology challenged. I tried to load the banner that you created but can't seem to figure how to put it in my sig.:dohh:

Can someone please help me?:shrug:

Hello Ladies!
LLbean
I'm a little technology challenged. I tried to load the banner that you created but can't seem to figure how to put it in my sig.:dohh:

Sending you a private message :winkwink:
~~UPDATE guess the private message thing was not wanting to work at the moment so here goes

lets see...I will add spaces in it so you copy it and paste it in your SIG but remove all spaces ok?

[URL =https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-conceive-over-35/586552-team-baby-2012-a.html ][ IMG]https://i.imgur.com/tPOhk.gif[ /IMG][ /URL]

Hello Ladies!
LLbean

Sending you a private message :winkwink:
~~UPDATE guess the private message thing was not wanting to work at the moment so here goes

lets see...I will add spaces in it so you copy it and paste it in your SIG but remove all spaces ok?

[URL =https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-conceive-over-35/586552-team-baby-2012-a.html ][ IMG]https://i.imgur.com/tPOhk.gif[ /IMG][ /URL]

Thank you! LLbean!:flower: I was able to do it!

Yes, we're trying for #1.
I am unsure of what to do next. What do you think?
So glad the hsg wasn't horrible for you.
What about you? Is this # 1 for you and how long have you been TTC?

:dohh: :winkwink:

:rofl::rofl: since LO birth haven't been on BC so that was 2.5yrs ago. Been charting for over a year but doing opks for much longer. I wish I got myself to the fs much earlier. If after another couple of months you still haven't got bfp I would get the ball rolling for more investigations. More than likely there is nothing wrong it just gets you on to the next step if need be. Fx you don't have to though :) xx

I've made a Dr's appointment for tomorrow. We have been trying since I had the implant removed September...first AF November but we did try prior to AF but not sure if that counts.

It's an appointment with a Jnr Doctor...although she is female and she might be easily swayed :blush: I've printed all my charts off to take with me, though from what I have heard a lot of them aren't interested in them.
I suppose I should feel lucky as I know I can have children but it's been a long time since I had my last (1998). I wasn't on BC for years until mid 2009 and always had regular cycles I could even feel ovulation every month. I had colposcopy treatment for level CN3 pre-cancerous cells in May 2009 since then and having the implant in (total of 13 months) my cycles are back to normal but I don't really feel ovulation like I used to and I never get any pain from my left ovary at all...wondering if that side is even working :shrug:

I'll let you know what they say but fully prepared for them to say go away and come back in 6 months :wacko:

I've made a Dr's appointment for tomorrow. We have been trying since I had the implant removed September...first AF November but we did try prior to AF but not sure if that counts.

It's an appointment with a Jnr Doctor...although she is female and she might be easily swayed :blush: I've printed all my charts off to take with me, though from what I have heard a lot of them aren't interested in them.
I suppose I should feel lucky as I know I can have children but it's been a long time since I had my last (1998). I wasn't on BC for years until mid 2009 and always had regular cycles I could even feel ovulation every month. I had colposcopy treatment for level CN3 pre-cancerous cells in May 2009 since then and having the implant in (total of 13 months) my cycles are back to normal but I don't really feel ovulation like I used to and I never get any pain from my left ovary at all...wondering if that side is even working :shrug:

I'll let you know what they say but fully prepared for them to say go away and come back in 6 months :wacko:

I only get pain from my right side and was convinced the left side was blocked. Had the hsg and all ok?:shrug: I've been very lucky in the past where all of my pregnancies and 2 mc were conceived in the 1st month of ttc. I had a chemical last June and since then nothing. I then convinced myself that DH must have low count etc but his SA was above average:dohh: so now I am in the unexplained/advanced maternal age category . I go back to the fs in mid may. Hes going to give me clomid to try and boost things along. The 1st dr I saw at the practice was a male and totally refused to refer me to the fs as he said I've already proved I can have children and as my DH is only 35 and also had children there is no need!!! His advise was have plenty of sex and relax :dohh:Really, what does having sex = children ?! I didn't know that!
So I then made an appt with a female dr and it was totally different. She was wonderful and referred me straight away. I would defo try the female dr Glowstar, it's been over 6 months now so I'm sure you will get some help. Good luck xxx

I've just joined this site so don't have the lingo and not sure where to start, but aiming for 2012 baby looks like a good place!
I'm 37, my hubby is 36, we have a son who'll be 4 in August and have been TTC number two for over 2 yrs now. I've had three m/c and now after tests we're looking at IVF as our best hope of success as my egg reserves are low :-(. Can't believe it has come to this... IVF scares me!
Love to hear from anyone going through the same emotions xx

I've just joined this site so don't have the lingo and not sure where to start, but aiming for 2012 baby looks like a good place!
I'm 37, my hubby is 36, we have a son who'll be 4 in August and have been TTC number two for over 2 yrs now. I've had three m/c and now after tests we're looking at IVF as our best hope of success as my egg reserves are low :-(. Can't believe it has come to this... IVF scares me!
Love to hear from anyone going through the same emotions xx

Hiya and welcome :hi:

So sorry to hear about ur m/c's xxx There's a great bunch of ladies on here who will support you and make you feel welcome.

I'm 35 ttc#3 have 2 dd's aged 10 and 6.

:hugs:

Glowstar - good luck with your doctor. I can't see why they shouldn't either refer you or start tests if you have been TTC for 6 months or more - FXed it all goes well tomorrow.

Good luck & :dust: to the ladies who are starting or have started IVF :dust:

Hello MumToOne :hi: I've been a member for a month now and I still have to find the thread with all the abbreviations in :)

Well my AF is due tomorrow but haven't got any of the normal symptoms or spotting I usually get although I've been on B vitamins this month which I understand can help prevent pre-AF spotting. But I also don't have any BFP symptoms either so who knows what my body is doing :shrug: I'll be testing on Friday if no AF by then.

But my BBT thermometer arrived today and I've been reading my book "How to Take Charge of your Fertility" and joined FF and reading their course as well so if AF does show up then I'm all set to chart - so you all best be prepared for loads of questions because try as I may I am still confused with charting :blush: I'm hoping it all makes more sense when I actually start temping :blush:

Well loads of :dust: to all waiting to ovulate or in the 2WW :dust:

And congratulations and wishing happy & healthy pregnancies to all who have got their BFPs this month and are on their way to having 2012 babies x

Hi, i'm new here. I'm 27, 3rd month ttc first month using CBFM!
My cycles are usually 34 days, and last month i ovulated on cd19 it's cd19 today and my cbfm is'nt showing a peak! I think it's just the monitor getting used to my cycle though. I am going to do a cheap opk later to check!
Really hoping to conceive this month!:dust:

Thanks MrsDH....will let you know how I get on, both my DD's where conceived within 1 month....hope that doesn't sound flippant, it's not supposed to but that's how it happened. OH is only just 32 and hasn't had a SA but put him on Vits and the Maca just in case. He has a different GP to me so not sure what or how he would get a SA done?

Mumtoone....there are loads of support threads on here specifically aimed at IVF so have a good search around and you should find loads of good advice :thumbup:

Macwooly - sounds exciting...not long until you test..FX'd for you :hugs:

Thanks MrsDH....will let you know how I get on, both my DD's where conceived within 1 month....hope that doesn't sound flippant, it's not supposed to but that's how it happened. OH is only just 32 and hasn't had a SA but put him on Vits and the Maca just in case. He has a different GP to me so not sure what or how he would get a SA done?

Mumtoone....there are loads of support threads on here specifically aimed at IVF so have a good search around and you should find loads of good advice :thumbup:

Macwooly - sounds exciting...not long until you test..FX'd for you :hugs:

Gosh I hope that wasn't taken wrong about conceiving in the 1st month?? It wasn't meant in a flippant way either. Obviously I'm experiencing the opposite now so know how heartbreaking every blooming month is with a bfn.
As to OH with a different gp, he can still go along and explain the situation and have one done. Has he got any children? If not they maybe more sympathetic as age has nothing to do with SA. If not I looked into going private and a SA cost something like £80-100. Also he would be fitted in straight away. My DH had to wait 3 months for his appt to come through.

Glowstar - good luck with your doctor. I can't see why they shouldn't either refer you or start tests if you have been TTC for 6 months or more - FXed it all goes well tomorrow.

Good luck & :dust: to the ladies who are starting or have started IVF :dust:

Hello MumToOne :hi: I've been a member for a month now and I still have to find the thread with all the abbreviations in :)

Well my AF is due tomorrow but haven't got any of the normal symptoms or spotting I usually get although I've been on B vitamins this month which I understand can help prevent pre-AF spotting. But I also don't have any BFP symptoms either so who knows what my body is doing :shrug: I'll be testing on Friday if no AF by then.

But my BBT thermometer arrived today and I've been reading my book "How to Take Charge of your Fertility" and joined FF and reading their course as well so if AF does show up then I'm all set to chart - so you all best be prepared for loads of questions because try as I may I am still confused with charting :blush: I'm hoping it all makes more sense when I actually start temping :blush:

Well loads of :dust: to all waiting to ovulate or in the 2WW :dust:

And congratulations and wishing happy & healthy pregnancies to all who have got their BFPs this month and are on their way to having 2012 babies x

Hi macwooly:) you will find charting quite addictive I'm sure. It's amazing to see how your body works! I've also got that book and it's very informative . Good luck for this cycle. I'm 12 dpo and tested bfn, I crumbled and let myself test:dohh:Xx

Oh my:dohh: gone for a day and everyone was busy !!
All these new drugs..Maca, vitex :wacko:

I have tried soy for the last three months and I haven't noticed a change in my cycle, only that OV feels a little stronger.

I had a hsg two years ago and I was one of those people that had a awful time with it. I think mainly because I have one tube blocked.

We might have to turn to IUI again but they insist that we go through all the testing again ( SA, blood, HSG ect) Think that is why I am dragging my heels..I'm not excited to go through that again..

I am on my 7th cycle TTC and now into my 2WW.. so here's hoping I won't have to do the testing again[-o< and we get a :bfp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->