Team Baby for 2012 - over 35's

Thanks, I just kinda needed to rant. It's a long story (aren't they all) but the only contact we've had is in FB messages and I've been nothing but respectful. I never say anything bad about her in front of their kids even though she's done some hurtful things to my husband over the past two years. Their son (22) lives with DH and I, their daughter (17) lives with her and comes to visit us once or twice a year for a week or two each time. It just upset me that I've been pleasant and she basically yelled at me in the message. Am just trying not to cry.

*block* and *like*

Oh, well then Wednesday would be 12 dpo....hmmmm....well, I think you should definitely keep LL company on Wednesday!!!!!....????

And me, I can't wait, I'm testing Wednesday!

Totally OT but I am so upset right now. Just got the most horrible message on FB from my husband's ex-wife. She thinks we (her and I) are family now that I'm married to her ex and that we need to be friends. I've been polite in email to her but I don't see any need to chat with her on the phone and be her friend (and FB friend) and that is what she wants. Am I wrong? DH has been divorced for 12 yrs but his children are with her so there's still contact until DSD turns 18 this December. Thankfully she lives in Iowa and I am in California so we have not even met yet.

You definitely don't have to be her friend. But, on the other side of that, I became friends with my ex-husband's ex-wife because of the kids, and we are VERY close friends. We took my step-daughter to NYC for her 16th birthday - just us three. She has become one of my best friends, but we had the kids in common to bond us originally. I divorced my husband, and both kids are in college now, but we still remain best friends.

So, although you shouldn't be EXPECTED to be her friend, sometimes it does work out - but every situation is certainly different.

She yelled at you? Then, it's probably best to keep your distance and maintain your privacy. What does your hubby think?

My husbands ex HATES me. I've never done anything to her except be nice, and love her children. She doesnt speak to me at all anymore, not even a hello or goodbye. I used to get rather upset....it just doesnt make sense to hate someone for no reason. I dont care anymore. Let her hate me.

My husbands ex HATES me. I've never done anything to her except be nice, and love her children. She doesnt speak to me at all anymore, not even a hello or goodbye. I used to get rather upset....it just doesnt make sense to hate someone for no reason. I dont care anymore. Let her hate me.

Wow...not even some common decency?.....she sounds lovely....

Oh Lyvid, I missed that she yelled at you. Definitely not the same type of situation I had. I'm sorry. :(

Oh Lyvid, I missed that she yelled at you. Definitely not the same type of situation I had. I'm sorry. :(

She "yelled" at me in a PM on Facebook. She berated me for not friending her on FB and threatened not to allow DSD to come visit us this summer because I don't want to be her friend. I've never talked to her, just exchanged online messages, in which I was very nice and did things like wish her luck on her move. I've left dealing with her on the phone to my DH. My first experiences of her were her yelling down the phone at my husband about things not related to the kids. Then she started to be nice to him and even congratulated him when we got engaged. When we mailed the wedding invitation to his daughter at the ex's house she called him up and screamed at him for "rubbing it in her face!" And here we were thinking she was ok with everything and wanted to be friends! She sends such mixed messages and is so manipulative, I don't want to be friends with a person like that.

BTW she left DH for another man, 12 years ago, who she remarried (common law, she uses his name and everything) but says they are now divorced. He's been in jail for a few years so maybe common law divorce? I don't know how that works!

Am feeling a bit better. DH and I talked.

Shelley71, it's nice to hear that it works out sometimes! Mellybelle - ACK! That's horrible! Although I think I'd rather have that right now....

Ex's are such biatches! I do kind of get it (or try to) They want their ex hub to be miserable without her forever. I get why my husbands ex hates me....I am waaaayy hotter than her! Lol. :haha:

Perhaps its the same problem lyvid? Anyway, she probably only wanted to be fb friends cos she's nosy

Oh, well then Wednesday would be 12 dpo....hmmmm....well, I think you should definitely keep LL company on Wednesday!!!!!....????

And me, I can't wait, I'm testing Wednesday!

Totally OT but I am so upset right now. Just got the most horrible message on FB from my husband's ex-wife. She thinks we (her and I) are family now that I'm married to her ex and that we need to be friends. I've been polite in email to her but I don't see any need to chat with her on the phone and be her friend (and FB friend) and that is what she wants. Am I wrong? DH has been divorced for 12 yrs but his children are with her so there's still contact until DSD turns 18 this December. Thankfully she lives in Iowa and I am in California so we have not even met yet.

Hi Lyvid!
I agree with the other ladies! You are in no way obligated to be friends with her. Especially on FB. I'm the same way with my FB...only people I want to be friends with. As for her yelling at you, ridiculous. She does sound manipulative and probably can't get over the fact that you and dh are happy. I would def. block her, that way she can't contact you on FB. I have actually had to do that to a few people.

Wow...sooooo glad I don't have to deal with exes and steps...in-laws are plenty!

Correct ladies, don't forget to focus on yourselves and what makes YOU happy. That is all that matter right now, only by being happy and healthy can you be there for a baby!

Lots of luck to all!

ok Ladies, don't think a test will be required tomorrow and the witch seems to be making her landing tonight... the brat is early too! ugh! Oh well, maybe it was taking the Soy Iso that did it... I have been pretty regular with my cycles so...hmmm

LLBean - sorry to hear that the :witch: looks like she's coming for you especially as she's coming early :hugs:

Sending loads of PMA and :dust: mainly in the hope she's not coming for you but if she is then loads of it for your new cycle :hugs:

Perhaps its the same problem lyvid? Anyway, she probably only wanted to be fb friends cos she's nosy

Oh I'm definitely WAY hotter than her! And she is a few years older than DH and I'm younger than him, so she's about 10 yrs older than me, I'm sure that irritates her! :haha:

Thank you all so much! :hugs: I think everything was made worse by the timing. When I'm PM my hormones are always crazy and little things can set me off in tears. I probably could have handled it better if it happened two weeks ago. Came up with a very politic reply, we'll see how it's accepted *sigh* Am feeling much better this morning and excited that my Wondfo strips are due to arrive today! Hoping for a BFP with them tomorrow.

Sorry to hear AF is raising her ugly head LLbean. Really sucks that she's early :growlmad: FX for next month for you!

ok Ladies, don't think a test will be required tomorrow and the witch seems to be making her landing tonight... the brat is early too! ugh! Oh well, maybe it was taking the Soy Iso that did it... I have been pretty regular with my cycles so...hmmm

Aw..freaking AF...I forgot that you took soy this cycle. Apart from FAF appearing early, have you noticed anything else different? I looked at your chart...Did you try progesterone last cycle?

Aw..freaking AF...I forgot that you took soy this cycle. Apart from FAF appearing early, have you noticed anything else different? I looked at your chart...Did you try progesterone last cycle?

I did progesterone last month, not this time... I ran out LOL

I kind of want to keep it clean...will be taking B6, CoQ10, Prenatal vitamins, Flax seed and vitamin C but no more Soy nor baby aspirin...THAT was a nightmare! LOL

I was not expecting to be pregnant this month as hubby's SA came back all wonky, maybe in May or June...lets see what the supplements do for him

Who here has done Maca and what are your thoughts? Kind of was thinking of getting it but after the early AF with the Soy Isoflavones I am afraid now LOL

Even though it's only our third try..I am already getting impatient....I am half- inclined to try to get a Rx 4 Clomid...

Has anyone here tried Clomid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"