Team Baby for 2012 - over 35's

Well my AF is due around 29 April and my ticker is telling me I can test on 28 April but DH has asked me to wait till 2/3 May and if AF hasn't arrived then we test :shrug:

As it's my first month off BC he's worried my cycle won't have settled and he is worried how I will be if I get a BFN - I think he's hoping if this hasn't been our month then AF will come along and save the cost of a test :)

Personally I wouldn't bet money on me waiting to POAS until 2/3 May :shhh:

YEY FOR TICKERS!

Well I think I know what he means... it is quite disappointing when you really think you nailed it (no pun intended) and you see a BFN. I did that last month and I know HAHAHAHA. BUT the fact of the matter is it WILL happen, whether we test early or not, so sometimes the stress of testing is greater than anything else and not good for us lol....watch me go nuts before AF and try to test too HAHAHAHA

I'm not counting on anything really this month, just "chillin' " now :winkwink: and will stress after getting hubby to the urologist to work on his SA

I wish you all had your ticker telling us where you are at in your cycle LOL. I'm officially in the TWW but not holding my breath LOL

There you go LLbean, just for you! LOL.
You're right though it's annoying to keep having to ask etc.
Thanks for the nudge.
:winkwink:

well yeah, that way we can bite our nails with you LOL

it just helps us root for the ones that are closer to testing and gives us hopes to seeing a BFP soon on everyone's posts!

:dust: everyone!

Am so excited ,due to test in six days,whoop whoop.fingers crossed for us all.:) :) xxxxx

I can't do anything about getting OH's SA as we haven't been TTC for 12 months :growlmad: I am hoping I can maybe push things at 6 months because of my age...but I dunno :shrug: I don't know either way wether he has good swimmers or not but the fact I have 2 children already both conceived within a month tells me it might be him and not me...but on the flipside I was in my twenties when I had my DD's with my ex so maybe it is just an age thing. I know for sure I am having very regular cycles and I AM ovulating every month :shrug:

I can't do anything about getting OH's SA as we haven't been TTC for 12 months :growlmad: I am hoping I can maybe push things at 6 months because of my age...but I dunno :shrug: I don't know either way wether he has good swimmers or not but the fact I have 2 children already both conceived within a month tells me it might be him and not me...but on the flipside I was in my twenties when I had my DD's with my ex so maybe it is just an age thing. I know for sure I am having very regular cycles and I AM ovulating every month :shrug:

does he want a kid? if he does tell him you need to both be checked to make sure all is order

some findings online...you can share with him

"Sperm is the key to conception from the side of the male partner. For this reason, a sperm analysis is the test required to determine the male's fertility.

Some men find it emotionally trying to have a sperm analysis. As there are no symptoms or early indicators of male factor infertility - low sperm count, poor morphology, low or no motility - waiting for the results can prove to be unnerving.

Despite this fact, a sperm test is painless and, if a problem is found, it can save a woman months of unnecessary testing. It is highly recommended that the man have a sperm analysis as part of the original infertility testing process (infertility workup)."

"About 25 percent of couples have trouble conceiving at some point, and this number increases with age. Forty percent of infertility can be traced to the man alone, "

Thanks LLBean fixed for u too,:thumbup:Although I really don't feel any different,maybe it's just too early.:hugs::hugs:

oh those fragile male egos....
a couple of weeks ago my dh finally agreed to do SA if 3rd try didn't work...
then he promplty got online and ordered FertilityBlend for men...
question is, why didn't he order it from the get-go? hmmmm....?....

My GP is lovely and in 2009 when DH & I were first TTC they started our tests after 3 months.

I didn't have all the tests available but the ones I had done showed I'm ok but DH's SA was poor (low count but motility and morphology are ok) we sort of expected it as he's diabetic. But we're trying to stay positive as it only takes one :spermy: to do the deed :thumbup:

Over the last 3-4 yrs my DH has had about 6-7 SA and they all turn out different each time.
One he had a great count but there was a slight infection:shock: It was never found what the infection was... but freaked us out..
Another his count was on the low end of normal and then when we did the IUI he only had 40,000:spermy: after the wash:dohh:
We can't figure it out, we think since he does alot of sitting for his job that it affects his :spermy:

OH has already said he would go and get tested. It's trying to get your GP to do it on the NHS :shrug: after only 6 months of trying :shrug: Might look into it further in a couple of months if still TTC.

There does seem to be an NHS lottery as some GPs will stick to the "no testing till trying for 6 till 12 months" when other GPs will test much sooner and I think that is so unfair :nope:

I do hope some of the lovely ladies on this thread see their BFPs soon :dust:

Agreed...we def need a BFP from one of us older ladies...it def gives you hope to carry on even if it's not your own BFP :hugs: :flower:

Bring on the BFPs!!!

...oh and on the SA... how do the doctors know you have been trying only 6 months? if you know they will only do it after x amount of time then tell them that is where it is LOL

I had my GYN write my hubby the prescription for the SA... took the sample and drove right away to the lab... or you can take the sample at the lab if you like. Have hubby go see an Urologist...could they do that as part of the check up? I mean ask, I am sure there are ways

They know because I had Implanon removed 23.09.2010....AF didn't arrive back until 10.11.2010. so I can't even tell a 'white lie' as they will have the IUD removal on my medical records :wacko:

They know because I had Implanon removed 23.09.2010....AF didn't arrive back until 10.11.2010. so I can't even tell a 'white lie' as they will have the IUD removal on my medical records :wacko:

oh....well BOOOOO :growlmad:

what if he just goes to an Urologist? how expensive is it to pay out of pocket for it? Is that even an option?

Glowstar - There are a couple of home kits for testing SA available on Amazon. Haven't checked into how accurate they are yet. DH wants to use one next month if we don't get our BFP so I was planning to check into them before then. He's very into science so he thinks the testing will be a fun experiment LOL!

I can't post links yet (too new to the board!) so here's the info:

First one is called SpermCheck Fertility, it tests the count only and costs $34.95 (This can be purchased OTC in the US not sure about UK)

Second one is called Micra Sperm Test, it tests the count and motility and costs $79.95.

If you can't convince your Dr to test you might want to give on of these a try.

Glowstar - There are a couple of home kits for testing SA available on Amazon. Haven't checked into how accurate they are yet. DH wants to use one next month if we don't get our BFP so I was planning to check into them before then. He's very into science so he thinks the testing will be a fun experiment LOL!

I can't post links yet (too new to the board!) so here's the info:

First one is called SpermCheck Fertility, it tests the count only and costs $34.95 (This can be purchased OTC in the US not sure about UK)

Second one is called Micra Sperm Test, it tests the count and motility and costs $79.95.

If you can't convince your Dr to test you might want to give on of these a try.

yeah I wish there was one to test for the things my hubby actually needed help with ...Viscosity & Morphology

I have gotten him some vitamins/supplements as well as Mucinex to help with those. Will get him to the Urologist early May when our Insurance finally mails us our cards

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->