• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Team Yellow Buddies ***18 boys / 16 girls

:hi: I am team yellow! I had a 4d scan and it was amazing, I just told her to stay away and she did, it was fantastic!

At first my OH really wanted to find out, he was bugging me about it from 8 weeks, but now I have convinced him so well he is actually more on the side of team yellow than me!

It has been really hard to fight the temptation but I feel proud of myself and cant wait until I look and see if I am pink or blue!

I am not really buying a lot in preparation, I am moving house when LO is around 3 months old so will chose what nursery I want then etc as I know I will want to do it when I move! Baby will be in my room until then anyway so I dont see the point!

I am buying minimal clothes as I know I will receive loads when I have baby and if not, I cant wait to show my new baby and pram off and get down the shops! At least that way I know I am only spending what I need to!

Excuse my crap maths, but what's your due date hun so I can add you to the list? Welcome!

hi can i gate crash??:flower:
im on team :yellow: im jackie and my little bubba is due march 23rd, although i wont be going passed the 17th march :)
this is my 4th baby, i have 3 boys already, a 9 yr old, 3 yr old and my baby angel who passed away when he was 4 days old.
xx

Hi jackie I've added you to the list. So sorry about your little angel.

Ok so took a trip to tesco today and bought some booties and a pack of 2 sleep suits - soooo cute. Everything else is soooooooooo boring and restricted when ur a team yellower.

Really must try and find some decent outfits that are neutral. Have decided to save some money and send my mum out shopping as soon as the baby is born to get me some cool coloured clothes. I will not move though

DH is STILL pestering me to find out. No way!

Hello, just found this via the second tri forum.

I'm 30 and due on 31st march with numero uno! We are having our anomaly scan on Friday and so hopefully we wont see anything but their policy is not to tell anyway so its team yellow for us.

There is some temptation to find out but believe it or not everyone I know has begged me not to find out! So its nice for the whole family really. We will be happy either way with a healthy baby. (My OH thinks its a boy so I have to keep reminding him that there's a 50% chance we'll get girl, then he gets all excited about having a little girl! sweet.)

And I agree, leave the clothes except the newborn stuff and wait till the gifts start pouring in! :winkwink:

:hi: I am team yellow! I had a 4d scan and it was amazing, I just told her to stay away and she did, it was fantastic!

At first my OH really wanted to find out, he was bugging me about it from 8 weeks, but now I have convinced him so well he is actually more on the side of team yellow than me!

It has been really hard to fight the temptation but I feel proud of myself and cant wait until I look and see if I am pink or blue!

I am not really buying a lot in preparation, I am moving house when LO is around 3 months old so will chose what nursery I want then etc as I know I will want to do it when I move! Baby will be in my room until then anyway so I dont see the point!

I am buying minimal clothes as I know I will receive loads when I have baby and if not, I cant wait to show my new baby and pram off and get down the shops! At least that way I know I am only spending what I need to!

Excuse my crap maths, but what's your due date hun so I can add you to the list? Welcome!

I'm due 2/2/10 xx

Yay!! Team yellow - can I join in?

come on in. The more the merrier!

So how is everyone? No more dreams for me, just dreamt about ugg boots instead. I want another pair and just working out how to afford them and when to get them. Mmmmm cosy feet. Just want a pregnant woman needs!

Yay!! Team yellow - can I join in?

come on in. The more the merrier!

So how is everyone? No more dreams for me, just dreamt about ugg boots instead. I want another pair and just working out how to afford them and when to get them. Mmmmm cosy feet. Just want a pregnant woman needs!

I absolutley LIVE in mine when I'm at home, but I've got them in Oz last few times I was visiting the family. They are so much cheaper there but I never get the uGg brand which is American and rdiciulously priced.

Looking forward to a night in with DH who has worked every night since sunday. Oh and quite looking forward to my 20wk scan tomorrow! :happydance:

Hello All,

Im on team yellow and to be honest there are quite a few team yellows due in Jan, about a 3rd of all pregnancies actually!!!

Hope you are all well and resisting temptation!!! Best thing we ever did by not finding out!!! im loving it!!!

So much easier than you would expect to get stuff sorted but we have everything we need now!!!

xxx

YEAY - so glad i have found you guys!!
I am definatly TEAM YELLOW.
I am Jay and I'm 30 with 1st bump on the go!
I didn;t know if I wanted to find out or not to begin with, but headed towards not. So decided to leave decision to the Hubby who doesn;t want to know and I am soo soo soo happy with that choice.
Am loving the fact that we are going to have a huge reveal at the end! :)

Not too worried with the whole clothing issue cos I can;'t stand Pink so will buy most things in ALL the other colours... if it is a girl, she will wear Blue! and sod the silly people who say 'oh what a lovely little boy!'

Bedroom wise, we have chosen a theme called Zanzibar by Kidsline which will be mainly greens so thats sorted too! !

No one had put any pressure on us to find out... yet, but that could still happen. Although I think none of my family found out and neither did BFF so they understand.

We have chosen all names but the first one for a boy.. but I think we have almost decided on that.. and we are keeping them a secret until the big day.

Anyhoo, now you all know my innermost secrets!! Say hi if you like.

Hugs

Jay

I am stoked to see all you other team yellow!

Now that I am 24 weeks along, it doesn't seem to bother me that much anymore that I don't know, I am just so excited to be having a baby!

I am not really doing a theme for the nursery but will be decorating it in coffee/cream sorta colours, I think it will be really relaxing. Once baby is here I can add pink or blue stuff which will complement the coffee/cream....I hope!

We've gone for the "Artic Hero" bedding set for our baby's room...and the room is painted in a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaarely off white shade of green... so it'll be beautiful and totally neutral.

I'm a person who LOVES all the bright wonderful colors... purples, reds, oranges, green. Things that are hard to find baby clothes in! :haha:

I'm planning on painting some things on the walls of the baby's room to spruce it up, and my MIL bought us some lovely pictures to hand on the wall that match the bedspread. So the room will definately be neutral.

I think we've finally come to the conclusion that we'll just buy a few sleepers and such for when the baby is brand new - and then afterwards we'll take a trip out to go purchase all the other gender specific clothing that we would like to have afterwards.

Hope you ladies have a fab day!! :)

I'm a person who LOVES all the bright wonderful colors... purples, reds, oranges, green. Things that are hard to find baby clothes in! :haha:

Me too why are baby clothes always pastel colours? I'm going to have a rainbow baby
:flower:

hey all hope u r all well. i am ok but had a really stressful day at work so am glad it is the weekend. i am hopefully going 2 go in2 the hospital 2 c my friend who is a midwife (and delivered my other 2) 4 my 15wk checkup. it's so nice like having a private midwife. she is lovely and has helped me so much. she delivered both my kids despite the fact she was not on duty at the time. i am hoping she will be able 2 find a heartbeat as am stressing out. i thought i felt the baby move earlier in the week but havent felt anything since. as i have had 2 m/c in the past i am a bit of a worrier! hope u r all well xxx

Hi team yellow mummies,
Just wanted to say I had my 20 week scan yesterday and all is looking good, baby is perfect and an average size, threw in a headstand as well just to show off! I had a trainee with the sonographer and she was going through the body parts and I think almost went to the sex organs when I said 'we don't want to know by the way'.

So still team yellow and pleased to be so, it willl be an amazing surprise at the end.

Here is a couple of pics of my jellybean (love the leg in the air!) :happydance:

20wk-profile2.jpg 20wk-legs.jpg

Awwww what a BEAUTIFUL profile picture!!! That is just gorgeous!

:happydance: Glad everything went well!! :) :yipee:

hiya, can i join in :D my names Kate and im 6 weeks today due july 14th.. :flower: and i wont be finding out what the baby is... me and OH want a surprise :D

it seems rare now that ppl dont find out..

Hey greenlady glad it all went well. Blimey you've got a little gymnast in there!! Wish I could kick my leg that high :rofl:

I like two of the cream Mamas and Papas schemes and tbh even if we knew if it was a boy or girl I think I'd still go with a cream theme. I find it more serene and hope it will calm me when the baby is screaming his/her head of in it's nice calm cream room.

We're getting most of the stuff after Xmas and hoping to pick some bargains up in the sales.
Went to M&S today to look at clothes and once again the cream/white clothes had a girl/boy feel to them. Grrrrrrrr

Welcome to the new ladies!

Hi all, well thanks! I'm so chuffed with my little pixie. It might sound odd but it now feels so much more real, and I feel like I have company all the time now with LO inside me.. which is handy because DH works a lot of nights so I'm frequently alone. So its a strange kind of comfort.

Chele I agree, white stuff to being with, and our spare room is already sandy coloured and white - we won't be here forever and plan to rent the place in the future so we can't really go to crazy with permanent decorations anyway.

Welcome Babyhopes, my sonographer commented also that it was unsual not to want to know the sex, and as he rightly said, there are so few suprises in life these days. Hooray for team yellow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->