Teasing contractions...

girl

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm 39 weeks +2 and last night i WAS 100% in labour for a good 5 hours i had about 8-10 contractions and they were agony, I finally got a wheat bag for my back to ease of the pain and that's exactly what it did! it eased off the contractions and now they've stopped all together!! How mean is that?!

My main question is, has anyone experienced this? how long did it take for the contractions to come back?

I've been having strong BH most nights over a week now. Over the last few nights some are really painful & very much like a contraction but they always go by the morning. It's very annoying & deflating! I'm hoping it's doing something good and labour will be quicker, when it finally happens!

With my first, I had regular BH contractions for hours. They went from 7 minutes to 5 minutes, and they didn't hurt, but they were spot on time. They were super tight too, and nothing stopped them. Right as we were about to call L&D, they stopped, and just over 24 hours later the real horribly painful ones kicked in at 5 minutes apart. I had two very urgent, loose stools, and then made it to L&D at 9cm.

I think the stopping and starting again thing is very common. If it picks back up, it can't hurt to call L&D and just talk to them. They can decide if it sounds like you need to come in or wait and see.

It's not fun, and it feels like your body is playing games. Good luck!

So normal! I had pains every 6-10mims for 6hrs every night for 2 weeks before labour kicked in.

Just remember its all step in right direction.

Its hard but just try and look after yourself. Try to eat, drink plenty of fluids sleep, rest etc. It will be the real thing soon and it will help if go can go into it not worn out already.

Don't let this discourage you but I was having irregular contractions for 10 days. On the 11th day, I got a sweep because I was so darn fed up. At 7:30 that night, I went into labour. He wasn't born for another 73 hours after that but it was all worth it in the end. Have you considered getting a sweep? If you're getting irregular contractions, a sweep could set things into motion xo
Good luck

I had irregular contractions for weeks before my 2nd was born. From 36 weeks weeks I'd have at least 3-4 practice contractions a day, sometimes for a couple of hours. I was 3cm dilated and there were a few times where I thought the practice contractions would lead to something but they didn't until I was 41 weeks! It is very normal and a positive sign- your body is preparing for labour and maybe dilating a little so even though it is frustrating that labour didn't get going it is a step in the right direction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->