tech said one gest sac, two yolk sacs.

Islabella

Reaction score
Hi all

Tentative first post. I had an ultrasound today at 5.5weeks pregnant due to right sided pain. The tech said he could see one gestational sac with two yolk sacs inside! He pointed it out on the scan and I could see it clearly. On the picture he gave me I can just about see both of them I think. He said most probably twins and has booked in a repeat scan in three weeks to confirm.

My first question... Can others see the two yolk sacs? (One is nestled in between the other and the bottom right side of the gestational sac.)

My next question which I should have asked is does it matter they're so close together or is that just due to random position? Also does anyone know what it means if they share a gestational sac but there are two yolk sacs?

Thanks - I know it's still early so trying to be realistic but exciting nonetheless! Think I've managed to attach the file - if you can't see it maybe someone can enlighten me as to how to post pictures properly? :thumbup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 136
They are probably so close together because I assume they are identical. I'm sure fraternal they are further away or something.

Congrats though that's great news hopefully you'll see two babies and two heart beats in three weeks time x

As pp said, I think if they share a gestational sac they are identical but because they have already separated they have their own yolk sacs?

Awwwwe congrats, I'm sitting in the waiting room for my 5week3day scan!

Yes I can see both the yolk sacs. How exciting!! X

Awesome! A friend of mine has identical twin boys, they shared a gestational sac together. Congratulations!

Awww so cute... Congratulations and h&h pregnancy...twins...so wonderful :)

Babifever how did you do the gender prediction? I clicked on your sticker but nothing :( I'd like to predict for myself :)

Edit: oh never mind I worked it! :)

Congrats I would love twins x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"