• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teen moms, do you support teen pregnancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what in popeye a baby being dumped on a doorstep with a note then being looked after by a 12 yr old

I bloody LOVE bournemouth my fave place in the world! me and dan went there last summer were planning on taking osc next summer its a family tradition,i love the pier and the carosel! we always stay at the durley dean hotel :) xx

Guys, please don't gang up on this girl. The situation she's in DOES happen...
It shouldn't though. That kid shouldn't be living there, being passed from pillar to post. Especially when the proverbial pillar is a 12 YEAR OLD CHILD! :nope:

Ooo i no ;-) Im not far from there.

And no1 is ganging up were just trying to understand the situation. She didn't have to answer if she didn't want to

I live Christchurch way. I will add you on fb when Im on the comp 2mo.

The Government cover your childcare fees for you to go back to school or college

They do indeed..good point forgot about that so :thumbup: to you!

Can i just ask angelmummy..how will you LO be supported as you can't claim benefits till 16 yrs of age or after school gcse dates(my problem when i first fell pregnant at 15 and couldn't claim till GCSE had finished)

Tell me to butt out if i'm being nosey just really curious hun as you state you were TTC but how will you support you and baby :hugs:

Please please don't take this the wrong way x

Sorry for butting in, but just thought I had a little input here. My mums Best Friend's daughter fell pregnant and had a little boy at 14. Because she was still under 16 and required to attend school, the government (dont know if it was central or local) paid for a childminder so she could return to high school.

Anyways, thats actually not why I posted, lol. As for her benefits, she couldn't claim them as she was under 16, but her mum could claim them on her behalf. I think she now gets to pick them up herself as she has turned 16, but before then I'm sure her mum did. She just got the money and gave it straight to her daughter.

As for having a life, I think its great when teen mothers do get to look after their LO but still be able to go out and about with the support of their parents. However, I find that with my little cousin (not really, but as close as) that she is not really looked apon by her son as his mother - his gran has been far too involved - in fact - she wont even let her daughter take her son out a walk in his buggy if its "too far". I'm sorry, but she was old enough to have sex and get pregnant and keep this pregnancy secret for a whole 6 months - she should be old enough to be trusted to look after her LO.

Even now, she doesnt look after him 24/7 - she goes out with her b/f (not FOB as he turned out to be a proper loser) 3 nights a week, her son goes to his other grans one night every weekend, so as a full time mum, she really only has her son 3 nights a week, and thats with her mum constantly helping/taking over.

Sorry - had no idea I was going to go on such a rant. :blush:

can i come?? i want to live in bournemouth so bad your so lucky to be near that beach i hate shitty wolverhampton its such a tramp hole!

Back to the topic,
I just fail to understand how This girls mother is allowing all this to happen,if i went home at 14 and said i wanted to concieve with my then boyfriend who was an absolute waste of air but i thought i loved him,as you do at 14.She wouldve sat me down and given me a right good talking too!

LOL..you may come...come c me wen u come next year.we can ride a horsey on the carousell HAHAH

can i come?? i want to live in bournemouth so bad your so lucky to be near that beach i hate shitty wolverhampton its such a tramp hole!

Back to the topic,
I just fail to understand how This girls mother is allowing all this to happen,if i went home at 14 and said i wanted to concieve with my then boyfriend who was an absolute waste of air but i thought i loved him,as you do at 14.She wouldve sat me down and given me a right good talking too!

The Government cover your childcare fees for you to go back to school or college

Can i just ask angelmummy..how will you LO be supported as you can't claim benefits till 16 yrs of age or after school gcse dates(my problem when i first fell pregnant at 15 and couldn't claim till GCSE had finished)

Tell me to butt out if i'm being nosey just really curious hun as you state you were TTC but how will you support you and baby :hugs:

Sorry for butting in, but just thought I had a little input here. My mums Best Friend's daughter fell pregnant and had a little boy at 14. Because she was still under 16 and required to attend school, the government (dont know if it was central or local) paid for a childminder so she could return to high school.

Anyways, thats actually not why I posted, lol. As for her benefits, she couldn't claim them as she was under 16, but her mum could claim them on her behalf. I think she now gets to pick them up herself as she has turned 16, but before then I'm sure her mum did. She just got the money and gave it straight to her daughter.

As for having a life, I think its great when teen mothers do get to look after their LO but still be able to go out and about with the support of their parents. However, I find that with my little cousin (not really, but as close as) that she is not really looked apon by her son as his mother - his gran has been far too involved - in fact - she wont even let her daughter take her son out a walk in his buggy if its "too far". I'm sorry, but she was old enough to have sex and get pregnant and keep this pregnancy secret for a whole 6 months - she should be old enough to be trusted to look after her LO.

Even now, she doesnt look after him 24/7 - she goes out with her b/f (not FOB as he turned out to be a proper loser) 3 nights a week, her son goes to his other grans one night every weekend, so as a full time mum, she really only has her son 3 nights a week, and thats with her mum constantly helping/taking over.

:nope: Thats sad. And wrong. She will regret that alot when her kid is older or when she has future kids and realises how much she missed out on. Sounds like its equally the fault of the mum/gran as it is of her tbh :/ xx

While that shouldn't happen, it's only one story. There is probably a fourteen year old mother somewhere whose child ended up studying medicine at Oxford or something.

Back to the topic,

Stop flippin double posting!! But LOL at the bolded, way too true!! I think my mum would die of shock on the spot or put a chastity belt on me

Back to the topic,

Stop flippin double posting!! But LOL at the bolded, way too true!! I think my mum would die of shock on the spot or put a chastity belt on me

I think my mum would spank me and put me in the naughty corner!!!!!!!!! LOL

I couldn't imagine only seeing Alice 3nights a week and could never ever imagine my mum telling me whether i could take my own child out or not. That's so sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"