~*~ Teen Mummys Natural Parenting Thread ~*~

I co-sleep and ERF (can you add me? :)) I breastfed for 16 months but am not longer BFing.

Gonna completely gatecrash here :thumbup:

Really educated myself reading through this thread - had some really negative comments about wanting to parent my little man as NATURALLY AS POSSIBLE.

Ive had breast feeding shot down - "youll give up in a week too much hard work" - same with cloth nappies.

Ive been told im reckless and even "insane" to want to co-sleep and been told its ridiculous to buy a sling as "youll never use it anyway" :dohh:

I actually want to spit in these peoples faces - complete over-reaction from the fat lady im aware! But reading through this thread feel a little better armed to reply in a lady like manner now :thumbup:

Hot Tea - I apologise i dont know youre name - some of youre comments im afraid im going to be memorising haha, youre "arguements" - so to put it - for baby wearing etc really have made me open my eyes and think well of course it makes sense to baby wear and co-sleep its exactly how nature intended.

Thanks Ladies :flower:

here out HV's tell us NO co-sleeping. it's very much frowned upon!

^Don't let other peoples downfalls get YOU down. When we first started cloth diapering when my daughter was 2 months old I asked my mom to buy a Flip for us. She said "If you stick with it for more than a month I will" Lol 14 months later.... And going to be CDing number 2. :rolleyes: I never listen to other peoples negative inputs on that stuff.

I'm like "Just because YOU couldn't do it, doesn't mean I can't."

Oh leonie it is very frowned upon here too. They just had a piece in the local news here regarding it.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/DCF-w...gers/-/475880/9234886/-/12ur9b9z/-/index.html

^dcf is department of children and families

I know i was certainly very frightened by them the way they made it out it was only when LO was around 4 months and not sleeping so good i researched how to do it safely and realised it wasn't the horrific thing they had made out. Obviously i can see the risks when it's not done safely but personally i think they should be giving out more information on how to do it safely rather than making it a very hush hush topic because i'll bet the majority of these incidents have been from WORN OUT parents who have put LO in there bed as a last resort and not put them in correctly.

I co-sleep and ERF (can you add me? :)) I breastfed for 16 months but am not longer BFing.

Emma got a temporary ban, so she won't be able to add you!

As for people putting you down about breastfeeding/cloth nappying etc just ignore them, if you truly want to do it, and put in the hard work then you will be able to. My midwife told me to co-sleep, she said she was going to check through the night that I didn't squish him. I was terrified.

Emma got a temporary ban, so she won't be able to add you!

As for people putting you down about breastfeeding/cloth nappying etc just ignore them, if you truly want to do it, and put in the hard work then you will be able to. My midwife told me to co-sleep, she said she was going to check through the night that I didn't squish him. I was terrified.

Why what happened? :wacko: Sorry to be incredibly nosey.

I agree, ignore everybody. You need to be determined to keep things like breastfeeding up so good on you.

Gonna completely gatecrash here :thumbup:

Really educated myself reading through this thread - had some really negative comments about wanting to parent my little man as NATURALLY AS POSSIBLE.

Ive had breast feeding shot down - "youll give up in a week too much hard work" - same with cloth nappies.

Ive been told im reckless and even "insane" to want to co-sleep and been told its ridiculous to buy a sling as "youll never use it anyway" :dohh:

I actually want to spit in these peoples faces - complete over-reaction from the fat lady im aware! But reading through this thread feel a little better armed to reply in a lady like manner now :thumbup:

Hot Tea - I apologise i dont know youre name - some of youre comments im afraid im going to be memorising haha, youre "arguements" - so to put it - for baby wearing etc really have made me open my eyes and think well of course it makes sense to baby wear and co-sleep its exactly how nature intended.

Thanks Ladies :flower:
That's exactly how I feel. Things are not nearly as complicated as we can make them. I'm glad to hear from someone my comments have helped them. :blush:

I co-slept with Jovanni, the Dr always asked does he sleep in his own crib. I knew what he wanted to hear so I would say yes because I didnt want a whole lecture :lol: He would then say "Ok good"

Co-Sleeping is very frowned upon here, in the hospital they make you sign a form saying you'll always put baby to sleep on their back in the little 'bed' thing they have in your room. I was shot down and still get shot down for breastfeeding baby girl from family members but if you want to do it just stick with it. I've never even seen someone baby wear in public here...I think my part of North Carolina is very behind in terms of things I've seen here.

On our way to check for my pfau... SIGH SIGH... Little did I know. :(

https://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/423302_3427915579704_1324759268_4686431_755994340_n.jpg?dl=1
https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429981_3427906459476_1324759268_4686428_603000956_n.jpg?dl=1
https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/418343_3427879098792_1324759268_4686415_1731000460_n.jpg?dl=1

Psh I co-slept with Emerald until we LEFT the hospital. I told them to suck my balls when they said she should sleep in the little cradle thing.

Psh I co-slept with Emerald until we LEFT the hospital. I told them to suck my balls when they said she should sleep in the little cradle thing.

Same here! The doctor came in to our room check on him and OH and LO were fast asleep on the little bed and she was like you really shouldn't be sleeping with him it is extremely dangerous! I was ya he looks like he's in extreme danger. I love co sleeping and will co sleep until Nathan decides he doesn't want to anymore.

On a different note, can anyone explain to me what kind if fabric from the fabric store I need to make my own woven wrap. I read a website that said gauze fabric but I have no idea what that is :dohh: I would looove to buy a woven wrap but they are way out of my budget.

Woven wraps have a very particular weave specific for babywearing. I am quite sure it would be unsafe to babywear with less - I know it could cause pressure points on yor shoulders and back from an uneven weave.

Have you looked into used?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->