~*~ Teen Mummys Natural Parenting Thread ~*~

I'm not sure, what do you like most? they all look nice to me - i want something that doesnt hurt your back as i walk everywhere.

I prefer woven wraps. If you look further in the thread there are pictures of me carrying my son in one. They are harder to learn initially as wrapping is a skill. It has the most versatility as you can do a multitude of back carries, front carries and hip carries.

If you want something quick and easy, I would go for a Mei tai.

I might get one of each - a mei tai for house chores, wrap for going on walks. I'll have to look into it a bit more, but thanks! :)

Amy, I added you!

I dont know if anyone else needed adding :flower: Just let me know if you do! :thumbup:

I want to switch to cloth now that fin i feel confident with everything, can anyone recommend a good type? They all look pretty much the same to me at the moment :haha:

Also, any recommendations for a carrier? At the moment i'm using a Wilkinet, I just dont feel like its that comfy for finlay even though he seems pretty content in it.. He likes facing out at the moment and gets pretty squirmy facing in, but he is quite big (around 15/16 lbs already i think) and the sling I have he can't see anything facing in and is all snuggled up.. So yeah, any recommendations? :kiss:

I started about 10 weeks with my daughter :) There are basically like 4 types of diapers (there might be more i can't think of) but you have prefolds/covers, pocket diapers (comes with a diaper and inserts), all in ones (just like it says, you just put it on and take it off like you would a disposable). And fitteds, which are like prefolds only they can snap or velcro to fit the baby perfectly rather than having to wrap them like the prefolds.

When I first started out I got Flip covers and unbleached indian prefolds (both of which i still use religiously). I have many many pocket diapers. Blueberry one-size are one of my favorite. Also bumgenius 3.0s and 4.0s because they can both be pocket diapers, although the 3.0 can also be an AIO.

Fitteds are by far my favorite diapers. They are pretty damn pricey, especially Goodmamas and the like, so I only have a few "real" ones, and all of my others I made myself, even though mine are pretty nice too :)

^They are awesomeness.

Almost all of my diapers are one size.

I hate pocket nappies with a passion.
Most of my nappies are one size though :D

im baffled i didn't realise there were so many different kinds, i'm gunna have to do some research as i'm none the wiser:haha:

are these kind of carriers good/safe https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEI-TAI-...by_Carriers&hash=item415fbc5e78#ht_2103wt_952 i know you have to be careful of the positioning of the legs or something ? but im clueless lol

I really can't stand pocket diapers either and was telling DH i'd like to eventually get rid of them all lol. I do love OS though. :thumbup: very convenient and way cheaper than buying different sizes.

All of mine are one size pockets. So easy to use. I got my first patterned ones today and can see an addiction starting! Blaming Laura for this...

All of mine are one size pockets. So easy to use. I got my first patterned ones today and can see an addiction starting! Blaming Laura for this...

where do you get them for? i want some patterned ones they look so cute! do you just buy seperate liners? i was looking into some when i was pregnant and they were really straight forward but i'm not sure what they were now. sorry lots of questions!

i think i fit in here :)

I co-sleep, baby wear, and breastfed till she weaned herself on her first birthday :)

I have a moby wrap atm but am looking at getting something i can wear on mt back but i have a very limited budget any ideas ?

where do you get them for? i want some patterned ones they look so cute! do you just buy seperate liners? i was looking into some when i was pregnant and they were really straight forward but i'm not sure what they were now. sorry lots of questions!

These are the patterned ones: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/32081837...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_4215wt_1219

I bought two boosters (inserts) per nappy. They're lovely and really absorbent. Member on here recommended them :)

The nappies I started with are Ofsta one size pocket nappies by Little Lamb. They're great too. I use two or three inserts with these (three at night). They came with two and I bought some extra ones on Ebay. I also buy bamboo reusable liners on Ebay that I use at night or for long journeys. They're brilliant, loads of fun, and adorable. I was scared of the work involved with cloth but it takes literally about ten minutes out of my day as I do a lot of washing anyway. All I have to do is put the inserts in the pockets, although if you want a really easy option then Tots Bots do an all in one nappy that's also one size.

Emmy they are the ones I started with.

I bought 8 and 16 inserts. I then bought 10 bamboo inserts and 2 tots bots easy fits.

I use the ebay cheapys in the day, with one microfiber insert and one bamboo, micro closest to bum with the bamboo under that. They usually last about 4-5 hours.

A night we use the tots bots easy fit, they are an all in onewith a pocket so I add one micro fiber then thold the built in flip insert under that, they lasted us a whole night!

Im going to be sticking with the Tot Bots as they work so well for us, but I will be buying customs too.

Also going to have a wee go with some terries and woolies.

Eta, wedry pail ours, I wash every night atm, because I dont like lettingthings build up and also I dont have enough nappys just yet. But none of my nappys have run in the wash, they just all go in together. About 4/5 half a non bio tablet. Wash. Then air dry, usually by morningthe ebay cheepys and micro fiber inserts are dry, the bamboo inserts take a little longer as do the tots bits as they have bambo in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->