~*~ Teen Mummys Natural Parenting Thread ~*~

I bought some leg warmers for Oliver :yipee: Bought them yesterday - been eyeing them up for ages!

Yay!! I love them, they are fab, Hollie likes them to, and actually leaves the on!

Some of the OSFA nappys are from 8lbs and others 10lbs.

Bit OT but has any had or planning a home water birth? Where did you get the pool? I'm not pregnant I just want to look in to it.

https://www.homebirthsupplies.co.uk/product/Birth_Pool_in_a_Box_-_Hire_GBC-002-RHIRE

This is the company I was going to use.

By far one of the most competetive, most charge £200 for 2 week hire!

I had a home water birth. Someone I know owned one and let me rent it for 100$.

I didn't but i laboured in the the bath and got out on the bed on all fours for pushing.

We took measurements and the only place the birth pool will fit in my house is my kitchen :| so opting for birthing center, if the pool is free, i will be in there. I wanted a home birth but after the complications last time with my placena they thing a birthing center will be best for me as its right next to the hospital.

Thanks :) I was meant to go to the birth centre last time but went to the wrong floor in the hospital and ended up on CDU. I am no way going near a hospital next time. Did you find the pool helped?

My bath helped tonnes.

It had a mixer tap on it, so when i was in alot of pain they turned the taps on so it was as hot as I felt I needed and sat with my back to the tap so it was running on it. Was ace, i told OH yday, I think I would rather do that again than the birthing pool, as the pool is kept at a cirtain temp, where as the bath you can have as hot as you like.

I didnt start gas and air untill I was getting out of the bath to push.

I had OH stand up against my back to take the pressure away and it was amazing but the stupid midwife made me get on the bed which made it much more painful.

I'm hoping for either a home water birth or a water birth at a birthing center. Not sure where a birthing center is around here though.....or if my midwife is even going to be okay with a home/water birth. I have another several weeks before my first appointment :/

so my cloth nappies arrived today, i just ordered 3 ebay cheapies -to try out. i was wondering about caring for them.
can you tumble dry? what washing detergent do you use? i usually use arial non-bio gel would that be okay?
any tips you think a newbie would find useful really?
this is them, someone here suggest them:thumbup::flower:
thanks!

I was 4/5 at a time,

Take them off, pull out inserts, ay insert in the middle and do it back up and stick it innappy bin, then to wash, i do a 40 degree wash, with half a non bio tablet, i do an extra rinse nd fast spin. I undo the nappy and stick it in the drum.

Your better off using powder or tablets, gel can clog the filters in the machine, and when your wash cloth nappys it can start to smell.

I dont tumble dry, takes about 3 hours for the nappy and micro fiber insert to dry in my living room and 5-10 hours for bamboo. I just hang them over her pay pen.

I'm gonna sound really lazy but this is what I do with all my cloth nappies. I wash them with everything else on a 40 minute normal wash and use non-bio gel. I'll occasionally use Vanish powder if there's something else in the wash that is stained. I don't cool wash first and I don't take the inserts out, they come out in the wash. I do put any poo down the toilet when I take the nappies off though. I hang them out to dry as we don't have a dryer. They're always perfectly clean and there's no damage to them.

I rinse the poop off the diapers, put them in the pail, dump the pail in the washing machine. Do a hot soak for about an hour with a small amount of purex free and clear, then do a hot wash with another small amount purex, then do a rinse with 2 drops of lavender essential oil. I hang dry my pockets, and covers. My prefolds and fitteds I tumble dry. My goodmama I hang dry though..

I bin the poo and rinse the napy if he has pooed, 90% of her poo's are solid, so I dont even use liners.

I dont rinse went nappys first they just go in the machine. I do wash them alone though, purley becuase with the nappys I can mix colours, with clothes I cant.

Few questions about baby wearing...

First off, every time LO gets the slightest bit of cold air in his face he screams blue murder. This is actually one of the reasons I stopped using the sling. It's not that he's cold, it's just he hates any coldness on his face. In his pram he insists on having the rain cover on at all times. I know the Boba has a hood but it doesn't cover him completely. I have tried covering him up with my coat but he still doesn't like that. I don't really know what to do short of wearing a giant poncho at all times. And I'm not down with that. Will he just get used to it?

Secondly, I tried the Boba outside for the first time and it's great except that the straps kept falling down. I couldn't manage to pull them up myself and would have been stuck if OH wasn't there. I had everything as tight as possible. I don't think it's the carrier as it happens with tops/bras all of the time too, I just have slippery shoulders! Is there anything I can do about it though? I really don't want this carrier to go to waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->