~*~ Teen Mummys Natural Parenting Thread ~*~

okay ladies Im looking to make the transition to cloth diapers. My questions is what is the best kind for a 21 month old and whats a good price? Im looking on ebay but feel lost. she weighted almost 25 pounds last time she was weighted if that helps

My 14 old is in ebay cheepys, i tend to go for the pocket nappys as they are easy, i bought all my nappys with microfiber inserts then bought so little lamb bamboo inserts and I use on of each in each nappy. Microfiber first then bamboo under that. I personaly would start with some cheap ones alva baby sell them too. Just buy a few, to get a taste for them. I also have two tots bots that I bought cheap on ebay. They are prett good, i just stick one microfiber insert in them.

I will add a few links iam.

Is there a way to start carrying my 15 month old? I briefly carried her when she was an infant but we never really got into it. I'd like to carry when we go shopping since she usually chooses to walk anyways. I also have a really bad back so I'm not sure how long I can last carrying her. Any suggestions?

Tbh, i would go for a decent wrap or something like an ergo carrier If you have a bad back. I think something like a ring sling would be uncomfortable for you.

Some links for the ebay cheapys, need any more info just ask,

birth to potty, pocket nappies. I bought mine here.

BTP, pocket. I know a lot of people buy from here, but I haven't

bbamboo boosters i bought.

Also if you have facebook, search Mummy Poppins Retro Junk.

Some links for the ebay cheapys, need any more info just ask,

birth to potty, pocket nappies. I bought mine here.

BTP, pocket. I know a lot of people buy from here, but I haven't

bbamboo boosters i bought.

Also if you have facebook, search Mummy Poppins Retro Junk.

I'm mainly using nappies from the top link and I find they're really good, especially for the price :)

Mee too i have 8 of them, 2 tots bots and 4 alva ones coming.

With the ones from the top like I bought 2 inserts so i have loads of microfiber spare, but i needed 2 microfiber while I was waiting on my bamboo.

You guys are making me SO impatient for Friday. I haven't had new diapers in foreverss.

I have a mix of nappies, but I absolutely love my itti bitts. <3 Rebekah is posting me up some tots bots that I can't wait to try, heard a lot of good things about them!

Are the ittys as slim as they say?
I dont find Hollies cheapys as bulky now we use bamboo, her clother all fit over her nappys now. The tots bots do take a little linger to dry, because they are bamboo lined.

I think itti bittis are reasonable. Jeans don't seem to fit over them though, but I try not to dress Oli in jeans anyway.

Hollie in winter ony wears tights, a long sleeved vest and trousers or dugarees. Im funny about her getting cold. But she is so short she is in age 9-12 months and even that is a little long in the arms and legs, but when I come to button her vest up over her tights and nappy it ends up tight!! Glad the summer is coming and she can wear dresses and baby legs haha!

I have 4 new nappys in th post :)

Have a look at
Mummy Poppins Retro Junk. Some lovely things.

I have 4 new nappys in th post :)

Have a look at
Mummy Poppins Retro Junk. Some lovely things.

My cousin in NZ is starting up a kids clothing business :D Next week all her stuff will arrive. I told her to look into selling cloth nappies :yipee:

so I'm going to sound stupid... but how do cloth nappies work? id like to think about them, but end up confusing myself on how they would/do work...
also are they more affordable than disposable? long term

It cost me £60 to start up on cloth and that was all I really needed so definitely cheaper than disposable especially if you have more than one child. They can be sold on when you're done with them too, or used for cleaning like my mum does!

I don't honestly know what prefolds or things like that are but I use pocket nappies which are basically a waterproof outer with fleece lining that has a pocket and in the pocket you put inserts, as many or as little as you like. You then just fasten it up like a disposable and wash when you're done. All in one nappies (AIO) are basically just like disposables but washable. They come in sizes or you can get birth to potty nappies (like I have) to last you all the way through. They have poppers to adjust the size :flow:

It cost me about £60 in nappies to start up, (dont include my prettys as they were impulse rather than nessasary), Id have easily spent more than that on sposies x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->