• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

teens due in February??

really? because we're the same length along i heard mine on monday, and i find out the sex on the 24th!

Do you live in the states? First, my OBGYN wouldn't see me til I was at least 8 weeks, so I saw her at 9+4. She then told me that they don't want to look for the heart beat until 12 weeks because they don't want to scare anyone if they can't find it. So instead of scheduling me at 12 weeks, she just waited til the next 4 weeks. So I'll see her again at 13+6 on the 22nd and we'll get to hear the heart beat, and then my next appointment would be the gender scan. So sometime between Sept 20 and Oct 4 we will find out the sex.

Do you live in the states? First, my OBGYN wouldn't see me til I was at least 8 weeks, so I saw her at 9+4. She then told me that they don't want to look for the heart beat until 12 weeks because they don't want to scare anyone if they can't find it. So instead of scheduling me at 12 weeks, she just waited til the next 4 weeks. So I'll see her again at 13+6 on the 22nd and we'll get to hear the heart beat, and then my next appointment would be the gender scan. So sometime between Sept 20 and Oct 4 we will find out the sex.

yeah i live in the states, there's private ultra sound places that can tell you the sex after 14 weeks!

That is so weird. That stinks that you haven't got to hear a heartbeat yet! My doctor saw me at 6 weeks, we saw the start of a heartbeat on an ultrasound so she had me come back two weeks later. I came back at 8 weeks and we saw/heard the heartbeat, then again at 12 weeks. I'd already had three ultrasounds by the time I was 12 weeks! My next appointment is at 16 weeks and she said she would try to see the sex then! I'll already know though, since I have a private gender scan tomorrow :) eeee!

Hello I'm Polly and I just joined! I'm 18 and due February 22nd! So very close to lots of you guys it seems. :)

Hi Welcome!! and mel, just schedule a private ultrasound or find a new ob, clearly yours isn't working for you!!

A lot of offices around here are like that. As long as your pregnancy isn't high risk or you haven't hAd any m/c, they typically don't scan you. As long as I hear the heart beat on the 22nd ill be happy :)

yeah i live in the states, there's private ultra sound places that can tell you the sex after 14 weeks!

I'd be careful if I were you, how accurate do they claim to be? Over here they won't gender scan until at least 16 weeks and even then it's been known to be wrong. I'm not finding out until 20 weeks - I can't afford a private scan and I'd rather wait until 20 weeks when it's going to be clearer and more accurate.

As for heartbeats, I still haven't heard mine. I've seen it twice, 10+6 and 12+1 but not heard it yet. Hopefully we'll get to hear it at the midwife next week!

it's not 100 percent because yes it is early but it's not too expensive either i think i saw one for 59$, my OB is doing mine so insurance is paying for it, even she said its not 100 percent. keeping my fingers crossed.

Ah okay that's alright then! Haha just don't go rushing out to buy pink/blue if you're not 100% sure afterwards! :')

My gender scan at 14 weeks 2 days. I don't think theres any question there!

baby boy_16.jpg

My gender scan at 14 weeks 2 days. I don't think theres any question there!

View attachment 657511

ahh!! that's so exciting!! I can't wait to find out mine, did you drink lots of water before hand?

Nope! They actually said not to, and they said it's better on an empty bladder. I was worried that it might be too early, but I think he made it clear as day. There is no question there, he is all boy! You'll be fine going at 14 weeks :)

my ob said to drink a lot of water each day starting a week before the ultra sound for clearer images, does that not make a difference? oh and what was your boys heartbeat?

my ob said to drink a lot of water each day starting a week before the ultra sound for clearer images, does that not make a difference? oh and what was your boys heartbeat?

I've been told this too for all scans, never quite understood why because it just makes your bladder bigger and I don't see how that helps but yeah apparently you're supposed to.

Congrats Krys :) it does depend on how cooperative the baby is, clearly your little one wasn't awkward!

They said it wasn't necessary to drink a ton :shrug: His heartbeat was 166 at my 8 and 12 week ultrasounds and I wanna say 155 at the 14 week one. Not positive on the 14 week one though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->