Teething or hungary?

Dragonfly

Mother of 4
Reaction score
I am having a debate with my mum and not to sure myself here.

William is showing signs or teeth or hunger? I dont know.

He wakes about 5 times a night for a feed now and he wasnt like that before, he used to sleep through the night.

He is eating his hands all the time! but then he is slabbering also. I see one tooth through, just a white dot.

he wont settle for sleeps really at all now and not for long and winges all night and feeds.

Is he just teething or Hungary? I got this leaflet out and have read that these are also signs he is ready for food.
He can also hold his head up and sit unaided for a few seconds.

He tried to eat my bun the other day and was eyeing my stew, he actually grabbed a bun from the plate and went to put it in his mouth. he holds his own bottle to. (water)

he is breastfed to.

I will contact my heath visitor just asking here for opinions. I dont want to risk him being obese if I start him just after 4 months.
I dont want to be starting him before the 6 months but I am hardly going to let him starve if he needs it at 4 months. He is nearly 4 months I want to try and ride it out as long as I can but what do you think?

I dont want to risk him getting obesity of a gluten intolerance if I start him after the 4 months.

He is thirsty today anyway.
https://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o177/CRMCC/dragonfly/IMG_3974.jpg

Could you maybe try the baby led weaning route? That way, he will start eating when he is ready and you know that you are not forcing anything onto him? I know some people don't like this option, but it is an option.
https://www.babyandbump.com/weaning-kids-nutrition/119046-baby-led-weaning.html

Have alook here and see what you think. It could be a good compromise with your mum. Remember, they have lots of growth spurts and teething symptoms, espescially at the 5 month mark.

Good luck with whatever you choose hun x x

Ok will look at this baby led things. Not head of it. I was talking to the healthy visitor she says I have done great with him and he is a big healthy boy but to hold out. I also think this but she agrees if he is hunger before 6 months to start him. I tihnk maybe I will see how it goes in another months as you say it could be teething etc. off to see baby led.

Could be a growth spurt. Those are the signs of one, or it could be teething. If its hunger its from a growth spurt most likely.

Maybe your right, he isnt as bad as he was. Still sometimes wakes at 4am but not as often as he did. I am glad I dont want to start him early, maybe 5 months is a happy medium to try. I dont actually like the idea of that Led weaning. maybe I dont know enough but I googled and didnt like the idea at all.

ive just started leila off on solids, shes so much more happier!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->