Temp spike morning after AF?

youngmommy26

Mom of 1 TTC#2
Reaction score
hey guys, this is my first month charting, I don't know what is going on. this is my 3rd day taking basal temps, the first 2 I took were 96.88, well I woke up an hour later today and took my basal temp again and it jumped up to 97.82? the first 2 temps I took were in my mouth, but I noticed this morning when I took my temp in my mouth it was reading 96.32 and I sleep right next to a drafty window and it's really really cold in Indiana right now, so I'm wondering if me breathing in cold air all night is affecting my tempatures. The temp I took this morning was vaginally and got a whole degree higher. yesterday was my last day of AF, so I shouldn't have a temp spike this early right? me and DH dtd last night, but i'm still wondering what is going on. am I doing something wrong? did the cold drafty window affect my first 2 temps? I know you are suppose to track the same time everyday, and I kinda messed up but i didn't think an hour would make too much of a difference, IDK. this is all so frustrating!

Vaginal temps are always higher so try to continue temping either orally or vaginally only, dont swap and change or it will be difficult to detect ovulation

Vaginal temps are always higher so try to continue temping either orally or vaginally only, dont swap and change or it will be difficult to detect ovulation

oh ok, thanks so much, I didn't realize that. So I will just put in my 96.36 I got this morning orally before I my vaginal. I have been tracking with FF, and now it's saying i'm possibly fertile :laugh2: I will fix this right away!

Yes stick with ur oral temps, its normal to have dips throughout ur cycle. What ur looking for is a temp rise to signify ovulation and a further 2 higher temps to confirm it.

Yes stick with ur oral temps, its normal to have dips throughout ur cycle. What ur looking for is a temp rise to signify ovulation and a further 2 higher temps to confirm it.

ok thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->