Temping with Insomnia. How?

Gohan3117

TTC #1 After 2 MC's
Reaction score
Hey ladies. I wanted to ask a question.

I have struggled with insomnia for almost my whole life; and temping is almost impossible. I never go to bed at the same time, or wake up at the same time. I rarely ever sleep for three hours straight without waking up. My temps are never accurate due to this. I don't take sleeping pills, as it is very dangerous for the unborn. I take natural supplements that help some nights, but I can't guarantee that it will work every night. Is it even worth it to try to temp? I use OPKs and take Prometrium, as well as routine bloodwork to check for ovulation. So is it worth the fuss and confusion to temp? Or would temping at night work? Any insight would be helpful!

I was the same as you and still am. I wouldn't even bother if I were you. It's just unnecessary added stress. It would be for me even if I did have a regular schedule. If I were you I would just get some opks. They work excellent and it's rare that one won't ovulate after an LH surge.

Also I have been told by my Obgyn that unisom is safe during pregnancy and the searching I have done on the internet says the same. Doctors often prescribe it for morning sickness as well.

Thanks so much for the advice. I believe I will just stop trying to temp and rely on OPKs and blood tests.

Firstly, don't let temping stress you out, especially if opks are working for you! If you'd still like to try temping, I'd say temp vaginally. I have difficultly sleeping often and after I switched to vaginal temps, my charts are beautiful. I was quite surprised!

So vaginal temps aren't affected by morning or waking? That's an awesome idea! Do you have to have a special thermometer for that? What time of day should I do it?

They are affected, but it takes a lot more to actually do it! I don't think it's actually "proper" charting, but I actually temp before bed for some cycles. I've been doing it recently because I've been too stressed out and it's easier for me. I just try to make sure I sit down for a bit before I take my temp. I have a nice temp shift with no stress :) But it also worked great for me taking them at random times throughout the night when I woke up. I just use a regular basal thermometer that I have set aside for vaginal temps.

Thanks SO much! I'll start vaginal temping next cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->