Tempted to book private scan

loub127

Reaction score
Hi all!

With my last pregnancy I didn't have a clue on dates so got offered an early scan at 8 weeks on the NHS. This time I know exactly when we conceived so won't get my first scan until around 12 weeks.

Ive found a couple of local places that offer private scans for about £85-£99

Has anyone else ever paid privately for one and was it worth it?

I know roughly what we'll see at an 8 week scan so would book it for when I'm between 8 and 9 weeks.

I had one at 8 weeks and it definitely helped to reassure me. I only paid £37 though.

I've booked one for me when I'll be 9/10 weeks.

Mine was quite reasonable at £40.

If you want to, and think it will help your peace of mind I say go for it!

Thanks, i think i might do it. I could only find 2 that are close enough. Maybe if I travelled a bit further I could find one cheaper but if it's worth it then I don't mind paying that amount. 12 weeks just seems like such a long time away and it would be nice to get some reassurance a bit earlier x

I've had 2 early ones in St Helen's, they were £40 each and photos were an extra £2.50 each on top. If you shop around you should find cheaper ones.
Also, have a look on GROUPON as they often have offers on similar things xxxxx

Cool, will have another look! Thank you!

I had tons of private scans with ds. It saved my sanity as I had bleeding for two months non stop. The staff were excellent, and proper sonographers. It eased my worries so much.

I've had one private scan with this baby, and will have a gender scan at 16 weeks, probably a 4d one a couple of times in third tri too. It's a bit addictive. Haven't told DH these plans yet :haha:

Yes-I highly recommend it! :)

Ps-yes definitely shop around! Mine were £45 each

Ah thank you! I'm sold!! Going to see what I can find and book it on Monday when I get paid! :)

Lovely! :) enjoy it and post back how it goes x

Hi all!

With my last pregnancy I didn't have a clue on dates so got offered an early scan at 8 weeks on the NHS. This time I know exactly when we conceived so won't get my first scan until around 12 weeks.

I know roughly what we'll see at an 8 week scan so would book it for when I'm between 8 and 9 weeks.

I had one today! I had lots of cramp and wanted re-assurance. Mine was £100, and worth it. I got to see heart beating, 4d images and see the baby close up. It was surreal but magical :)

I'm really tempted. Got my letter through today and my nhs dating scan isn't til 14 weeks. Haven't had any kind of appointment yet to see baby at all so starting to get anxious.

Hi all!

I had one today! I had lots of cramp and wanted re-assurance. Mine was £100, and worth it. I got to see heart beating, 4d images and see the baby close up. It was surreal but magical :)

Ah lovely!! Who was yours with? I've got a babybond fairly local to me which I know a few pepole have used.

I'm really tempted. Got my letter through today and my nhs dating scan isn't til 14 weeks. Haven't had any kind of appointment yet to see baby at all so starting to get anxious.

14 weeks is a long time to wait isn't it. I can't wait that long!!!!! All I've got booked so far is my booking in appointment on 14th July and that seems ages away!

Hi all!

Ah lovely!! Who was yours with? I've got a babybond fairly local to me which I know a few pepole have used.

Baby bond :) was only 15 mins from my home. Loved seeing my little baby moving about :) I have my 12 week scan in 2 weeks but thats with nhs. X

I've caved and booked a baby bond scan for tomorrow evening!

I've just booked mine as well! 9th July with Baby bond! I'll be 7 weeks 5 days by then :) I'm so excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->