tempting fate??

G

gemmalauren

So many around me are saying im tempting fate as I already have Moses basket and a few bits,any one else started?

I wouldn't call it tempting fate, but growing up, I've always been told to not purchase anything until the first trimester is over. Trust me, I'm DYING to purchase things for our LO! I'm just way too superstitious. The second I got my BFP, I bought every pregnancy book under the sun and a pregnancy journal though :hugs:

With my first I did wait till after the 12 week scan then only got a few unisex bits it was mainly after the gender scan at 20 weeks we started buying things but everyone is different! Plus this time I already have the Moses basket and cot etc etc from my first baby and have had it all since before I was pregnant (obviously because they where Kians baby things haha) I would say it's your pregnancy and your baby! And it's your choice when you want to buy things and get organised for the little one :flower:

I'm friends with a few midwives that all say you shouldn't buy until your baby is born and you shouldn't have a baby show. Either way buying or not buying isn't going to make a loss of a child any more or less sad I personally don't buy anything until 16-20 weeks but that's more because of storage but I think if you want to buy and if you've already seen or heard a heart beat then there's nothing wrong with that x

Already had 3 scan and head hb @ 9 week 3 days, I know anything can happen but that eased my mind and couldn't help myself:( xxx

I'm dying to start buying things but I won't until I'm passed 12 weeks. I've already had a scan and seen the heartbeat but I'm definitely a bit superstitious.

My mum always told me that you don't buy anything until you've had your 12 week scan and she would never have a pram delivered (she had my brother and sister when I was a teenager) until she was at least 36/37 weeks. I'm also overly cautious because I had a mmc earlier this year. I'm still super anxious, even though I've seen a heartbeat, so I guess I don't want to tempt fate.

I think it's completely up to you though. I certainly don't think anyone should tell you you're wrong for buying bits and bobs. I can't wait until I can start shopping :) x

I have already got all the newborn clothes, most 0-3 and some 3-6, 6-9 stuff. Also have a little stuffed frog :haha:

I don't believe in superstition

I'm not superstitious, with my son I was bought things by family long before my 12 weeks scan, and I bought everything else before I was 20 weeks! Lol!

This time I've not bought anything yet other than a pregnancy journal, but it won't be long! Just enjoy yourself buying nice things :) xx

I don't buy early. It has nothing to do with superstition or anything. Couple reasons. I like to find out the sex first. #2 I will buy a lot more if I start in my 1st trimester I will end up with so much that I will end up not using some. I will see cute things and have to get them then see something else that's even cuter..bad cycle lol..Also I usually have a baby shower..so my friends and family and coworkers always get me some sweet stuff. The other reason is as a seasoned mom, things like clothing I really need to see the baby before I start going nuts. My last daughter was so tiny I had to run out and find newborn sized stuff because 0-3 was swallowing her up. She is 10 months and still wears her 3 month onesies. My last reason is if I were to lose the baby early out me personally wouldn't want those constant reminder to prolong my sadness. Maybe I'd it was a stillborn or later on but not so early (sorry last reason was dark) buy tbh I don't even think about that bad stuff. Mostly practical reasons.

I've brought a pregnancy journal but won't write in that until I'm 12 weeks for some strange reason! If we was going off UK scanning dates I'd be almost 14 weeks before buying anything if i was doing it traditionally, what will be will be :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->