ten movements?

A_Natasha

3rd trimester baby #1 !
Reaction score
Hello, i know they say you feel ten movements a day....when they say this do they mean ten kicks and individual punches each day or ten times each day were they have a bit of a party in there ???

My OB told me I should be feeling 10 movements/kicks ( any type of movement) every two hours.

It's 'movements'.

You might start to notice less kicking and punching, so even small movements DO count. Try to find a busy time (for me, it's mid afternoon) and you can count them all in a row. :)

I was advised rather than the ten kicks to get to know my baby and his/her routine. Cos my last baby was very quiet and I was constantly worrying but that was just her, and on the other hand if your baby usually has 100 movements a day and only has ten movements then thats not usual for them and should be checked out. Hope that makes sense?

^^ what they said hehe. just need to know your baby's routines, if the movements slow, even if there is more than 10 but its less for your baby's usual routine then give the hospital or midwife a call and they can check the baby over for you. They dont mind if it is a false alarm, better to be safe than sorry x

I stopped counting movements in the end, it stressed me out so much. Everybody told me different things. I think that as long as your LO is moving the way s/he usually does then everythings ok.

ive not been counting, now i think i should!

I used to count, but stopped when I realized that baby did not move much for an entire day. Almost went crazy trying to make sure baby was okay.

Found out, that in the late 2nd tri and early 3rd tri that your baby could be facing backwards, which may cause you not to feel any of their movements.

But as the 3rd trimester progressed, the movements were undeniable. And when Peanut started to really move around, I was not the least bit worried if I got some really good movements or if they were gentle ones. I found the best way to make sure baby is doing okay, have something cold, like water or apple juice, to drink, then go lay down about 20 minutes after. Guaranteed baby will move around for you to ease any worries you might have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->