Tentative BFP after a really long odd cycle (for me)

rosegarden620

Reaction score
So husband and I have been TTC since april of this past year. Since aprils I have had 4 cycles, 2 normal, 2 not..... My first official cycle trying was April and though I ovulated, it was a bust. I had a two week cycle after that and then the cycle after that lasted over 40 days. Actually.... This is the cycle I'm pregnant (tentatively) on. I've been taking my temperature and though the first 60 days I was committed I sort of started losing drive bc of how erratic my temps were 30+ days with no detectable ovulation was beyond frustrating and I threw my hands up! I mean come on! My first cycle off bcp was normal! well On Monday I actually took a look at my chart for the first time in two weeks (not counting plugging in temps) due to a convo I had that sparked my curiousty....when I realized that I DID ovulate....albeit late. Husband and I have frequent sex and so we actually, even though were weren't "trying", happened to catch the day!

My temp has and is still going up and with some breast changes I've been feeling I thought I could test. Though at 8dpo (yesterday) is super early....At work (I'm a RN and have these tests available), last night, I took a test that I swore I saw as a faint line - though to faint to be certain. I took two home and took one with morning first thing...another faint (darker) within the time limit..... Well I came home from work around fish and though it was no where near first morning pee, though I had been peeing t/o the day and even though I had taken one this am.... I said f*ck it and just did....within 3-5 minutes (within the time limit) I saw the line and my heart dropped (good drop)....it was even darker thank this morning!!'
I have a digital I plan on taking Monday. My period would be due on Tuesday based on my luteal phases.....
Girls, in the words of husband.... (I think) we did it!
No one knows, Well I lied.... my daughters (5 and 8) were eavesdropping and heard the whole thing so they know.... Lol but they are sworn to secrecy until we get a heartbeat.
Here's the pic of the three. Bare with me....it's still faint as it is early but...I'm noting the progression of it.... Top is last night, middle is this morning and bottom is this evening.....
Cautiously optimistic as I believe in this group we know all to well about early losses....
So please, prayers and babydust my way.

Ive attached (hopefully lol) my chart and the three tests from the last 24 hours (top last night, middle this a.m, bottom this evening)

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c7900

Attachments

• 10411218_10203756208558189_5939741766660899247_n.jpg
    10411218_10203756208558189_5939741766660899247_n.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 45
Definitely looks promising. Lots of luck and baby dust to you!x

Im in the same boat! We started in April too! First 2 were good, 3 was a little funky but 4 has been odd! It has been interesting. I was on bc for seven years. Prior to that, for about 4 years, I charted my cycles so I had an idea about my cycle length. Usually around 28-30 days.

When I went off bc, the first cycle was normal with my pattern while on bc. Didnt temp but tried opk and got nothing. Cycle 2 and 3, still no temp, but opk smiley around days 13/14(realized I tested too late cycle 1) and ewcm too. Began to read more on fertility. Ff ap matched up with predictions.

Then Cycle 3 period came 3 days early and cycle 4 came 4 days early(I was on a 2 week trip to Australia so im assuming that was it). No signs of ovulation during new anticipated time due to earlier period. Used opk days 11-21 and nothing.

Decided to relax and went on vacation. Original prediction said to look for o here, this was prior to my period coming earlier, so I was ready for a lot of vacation bd. After there was no o dectection prior to leaving, I figured I missed it and was anticipating my period on vaca.

A few days into vacation(day 23) noticed ewcm and got an opk smiley the afternoon of July 25. We bd that afternoon, next morning and evening.
Never saw o signs that late but that was when I orginially thought id see signs.

Right now im at 13dpo and day 37 of my cycle. Ive never gone this long before starting my period. Cycle 4 started early(and I was traveling) and I saw ovulation signs late. Ive had some symptoms but feel like they could be my impending, yet still late, period. Although, ive never had my breasts be sore or almost tingle, like the have been lately. Ive also been moody, frequently urinating, and had cramping.

Crossing my fingers for you!!!

Im in the same boat! We started in April too! First 2 were good, 3 was a little funky but 4 has been odd! It has been interesting. I was on bc for seven years. Prior to that, for about 4 years, I charted my cycles so I had an idea about my cycle length. Usually around 28-30 days.

When I went off bc, the first cycle was normal with my pattern while on bc. Didnt temp but tried opk and got nothing. Cycle 2 and 3, still no temp, but opk smiley around days 13/14(realized I tested too late cycle 1) and ewcm too. Began to read more on fertility. Ff ap matched up with predictions.

Then Cycle 3 period came 3 days early and cycle 4 came 4 days early(I was on a 2 week trip to Australia so im assuming that was it). No signs of ovulation during new anticipated time due to earlier period. Used opk days 11-21 and nothing.

Decided to relax and went on vacation. Original prediction said to look for o here, this was prior to my period coming earlier, so I was ready for a lot of vacation bd. After there was no o dectection prior to leaving, I figured I missed it and was anticipating my period on vaca.

A few days into vacation(day 23) noticed ewcm and got an opk smiley the afternoon of July 25. We bd that afternoon, next morning and evening.
Never saw o signs that late but that was when I orginially thought id see signs.

Right now im at 13dpo and day 37 of my cycle. Ive never gone this long before starting my period. Cycle 4 started early(and I was traveling) and I saw ovulation signs late. Ive had some symptoms but feel like they could be my impending, yet still late, period. Although, ive never had my breasts be sore or almost tingle, like the have been lately. Ive also been moody, frequently urinating, and had cramping.

Crossing my fingers for you!!!

You are in the same boat as me! YAY! When are you testing???? I don't know how you haven't! EEK! I am trying so hard to wait until Monday....

This morning, my temp stayed above 98, my breasts are tingly, full and sore, I've had waves of nausea as a result of extreme hunger and twice already I had waves of tears...

I'm pregnant. I know I am pregnant, the tests last night just confirms it, and Monday will let me know if I can hope on a sticky baby!!! If and when Monday comes out as pregnant on the digital the next step is the appt that I will schedule into September...

I read signs this early, early implantation are all signs of a sticky baby.

SO! LETS SEE!!!

I dont know how. Been obsessing since Tue. Actually had a test in my cart on Wednesday and put it back. Im just attributing the way im feeling that it has to be my period. Dont want to be disapointed. This last cycle was so crazy, I cant count my period out.

Im thinking about testing today and then waiting until next week to try again if no period this weekend. Hubbys birthday is the 19th, so id love to know beforehand either way. My dad is an obgyn and mom a nurse practitioner and id normally go to them with questions but im keeping then out of this loop.

Okay, I caved! :happydance:

You caved!! What was the result???

I caved too, I tested on the digital a day early....results are!!!!!

I knew it! Yay! Husband is so happy! I'm in a state of happy shock. Symptoms kicking up too... Main one at the moment is extreme hunger.... Fine one minute and then in a matter of seconds- starving. Like, nauseous starving!

Baby dust !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 18
Your story gives me hope, CD32 an no ovulation yet, not come off BC recently but I have PCOS test are all negative and I am frustrated!! Hope I ov late like you!! going to purchase some ovulation strips and a new thermometer I think!!

Okay, I caved! :happydance:

You caved!! What was the result???

I caved too, I tested on the digital a day early....results are!!!!!

I knew it! Yay! Husband is so happy! I'm in a state of happy shock. Symptoms kicking up too... Main one at the moment is extreme hunger.... Fine one minute and then in a matter of seconds- starving. Like, nauseous starving!

Baby dust !

Positive! Tested again this am and confirmed at the doctor this pm! Almost five weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->