Terrafied... and excited

Chel

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Rachel, I'm from Australia... I did a pregnancy test on Sunday, and another one tonight (just to be sure)... both scored double lines!

I called my mum straight away, I was kind of looking for some knowing advice from her, but, when I asked "so, what happens next" all she said was "your going to get bigger" and laughed.

As near as I can figure it, I cant be more than a couple of weeks into it, I've not yet made a doctors appointment, I shall probably make one for next week. While, I know my doctor will tell me all I need to know... is... there anything I need to know right away?

I know I cant drink alcohol... but... what else?

Is there anything I should look out for until I can talk to a doctor?

Also... I need a hug.... its all a bit too scary all of a sudden.

:hugs:

Its scary first time around if you dont know whats happening, Grab yourself a pregnancy book with all the information needed in them. They were a great help for myself when i first got pregnant and pu tmy mind at ease.
Also you will need to start taking folic acid for the first 12 weeks of baby growing!

Also google what you cant eat when pregnant on google there is a ton of sites that can help with what foods to stay clear of!

Congrats on the happy news!!

:hugs: Congratulations.

I agree to just google what you can and can't eat but don't worry if you eat something you shouldn't most stuff is still safe and the risks of getting ill are really slim.

I know it's not easy but try to relax. You can pretty much do the same as you normally would.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

if it helps ya im only 15 n got through pregnany n giving birth lol:happydance:

:hi: Welcome to the forum and congratulations. There really isn't much to do in the first few weeks of pregnancy. Are you on a prenatal vitamin/folic acid supplement? If not you should look into it (it's important for the baby to have folic acid in the first trimester). I would go ahead and call your doctor. They probably won't do much but confirm your pregnancy and paperwork but they will give you advice on what to avoid etc. while pregnant.

:hi: Welcome to BnB! :hi:

Congrats on your :bfp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"