terrible dream has left me feeling horrid

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
I don't think I could handle another girl, I've always wanted boys and although I love my daughter so so much I just don't feel like I connect with my girly as much as I do my DS. So the prospect of another girl has been a bit daunting. However, I thought I was getting over it, I really did, but last night I dreamed a truly awful dream that I'm actually ashamed to admit to. I dreamed I had the baby and it was a girl, so I left the hospital, returned with my daughter, put her in the crib with the new baby and drove off with just my son. We just left and I didn't feel anything, anything at all. What an awful, messed up dream eh? I just feel terrible this morning and can't talk to my husband because I think he might think I'm the worst mother in the world. I adore my daughter I honestly do and I don't favour my son over her but going by my subconscious, dream state you'd never believe it.

Feeling haunted by this dream this morning and not a nice person at all. Do you think our dreams are actually truly reflective of how we feel because honestly i don't feel this extreme about having another girl at all :cry::cry:

No, please don't worry about it. People in dreams don't represent themselves, they represent aspects of the subconscious (or perhaps just crazy stories that the brain makes up!) I know how a strange or unpleasant dream can really affect your day so I can understand why you would be feeling terrible - but it doesn't mean anything about you as a person. :hugs:

Just as an example - two nights ago I dreamed that an old friend of mine came to town, and I left my OH and ran off with the friend!!! I have no intention of ever doing anything like that in real life. It was just a strange dream.

No hun its just a dream, in retrospect dreams.are often worse then how we feel as dreams become so far fetched x

I've also had some awful dreams recently which have left me feeling sad and confused. My dreams are also related to having another girl and not a boy- and I know that in the cold light of day I don't feel even close to what I feel in the dreams, it's left me feeling scared and guilty for having my subconscious come up with them!

I just keep telling myself that it is only a dream and not a reflection on how I feel, but it still feels horrible. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->