Terrifying dreams about LO?

WantsALittle1

Reaction score
I hate pregnancy dreams. They are so intense and disturbing sometimes. I had a horrifying dream last night that LO was born at home within seconds of noticing a tickling feeling down below. In the dream he was born at 24 weeks (his current gestational age) in a very feeble and visually frightening state where survival was totally impossible. I was so grief-stricken that he wouldn't survive that I woke up screaming.

I have a growth scan today so my guess is that I am subconsciously worried about that, but I hate that it has to manifest itself in such a horrible and vivid way. I was so relieved to wake up, shift positions, and feel little man kicking, but realized that deep down I am scared of having another preemie or another cord issue. We could have lost DD due to her severe cord entanglement and I am just terrified of something happening to our little man. We so deeply want to meet him and get to know him and watch his life bud! I guess I realized after this dream that even though I haven't met him, I am already deeply attached and absolutely love him to pieces. I am so scared of losing him and not being able to prevent or stop it.

:(

They just represent your fears, which as you've said yourself, are quite relevant.

I had a dream a few nights ago that I kept leaving baby in very risky places while I went about my daily business, and LO kept getting poorlier and poorlier. Last night I had the most vivid dream that I started bleeding and miscarried. These dreams are just reflections of your daily worries, which of course every one of us is going to have! Worrying is usually worse than the reality of most situations.

I have had a bunch of disturbing dreams about LO. I had one where I kept putting him (it was boy in my dream) on the bathroom floor and forgetting to feed him. I had another where it was a girl and I didn't change her diaper for months and another where she had little bug cocoons all over her dress and I was picking them off and eating them. o_O

But a few nights ago I had a horrible dream that the doc told me there was something wrong with her that could be fixed by a procedure. So I went in and this nurse took the entire placenta out of me and cut her out of it with a pair of kids safety scissors and then wouldn't put her back in. I was screaming at her to put my baby back in and she kept telling me that if i wanted the baby returned I had to choose that option before the procedure and I hadn't done that so they were keeping my baby in an incubator until her due date. I was FREAKING out and screaming and crying and then found out by another nurse that the first nurse forgot to put my baby in the actual incubator and left her on a shelf and she died. So then I pulled out a gun and killed all the nurses and security was after me and I was shot and bleeding out and I found a phone in a janitors closet to call DH and say goodbye. It was the worst dream ever, I bawled and bawled when I woke up.

I am tearing up again just thinking about it! :dohh:

My dreams haven't been that bad but I remember the night before my 20 week scan I woke up sweating, I'd dreamt that I'd had a massive bleed and lost the baby, it was horrible. It was no doubt because I was worrying about my scan and whether there would be anything wrong with the baby etc. I've been pretty lucky really, not had too many bad dreams, or if I have, I haven't been able to remember them. The only other baby dream I can remember was about having a little boy, which confused me when I woke up since I'm having a little girl!

I've had so many dreams I'm losing this baby! I wake up in tears and upset for the rest of the day!

Helzy: miscarriage dreams are so sad. I've had those too :(

TicToc: That is so scary and so heartbreaking. It really sounds like normal pregnant mommy emotions multiplied by 100000, and that's what's so freaky about pregnancy dreams because that's exactly what they are. It's like they take your daytime fears and play them out to the extreme in a place where you can't tell what's real or not. I, too, tear up when I relive my horrible dream. It was really graphic but I left the details out because I cannot bear to retell them without getting tearry myself! The emotions are so heightened and the dreams so vivid that they feel real.

dreamer_x: I think I had a bad dream before my 20-week scan too!

Stormjet: That happens to me too :( I was a nervous wreck at my scan yesterday because of the dream I had. I actually cried when they were checking for the location of the cord, and luckily it wasn't around LO's neck but if it had been I feel like I would have burst into tears then and there.

Ugh! Hey my subconscious, chill out!

I had thee most disturbing dreams before my 20 weeks ultrasound! I dreamt that baby had octopus arms and legs and had ALL these wild and crazy things wrong with it-haha! It's funny to laugh about now, because our scan came back PERFECT, but at the time, I would wake up in sweats and in tears. Just relax, my dear. I'm sure after the scan, you're dreams will subside. Mine did. I don't even really HAVE baby dreams anymore. It's definitely eased my worries! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->