Test line thicker than control!!

Jacalyn4400

Reaction score
I took clear blue test yesterday and it said 2-3 weeks, then this morning took another one and it said 1-2.. I took FR test and the test line is now darker than the control line.. What does this mean???

The test line being stronger than the control is great! The clearblue "going back" *could* be a bad sign because could indicate falling levels but not necessarily. Hormone concentrations in urine vary with how much you drink and time of day. Some people get stronger results in the afternoon! So don't panic. If you have no other symptoms, like bleeding or strong cramps, then you're probably OK.

I have noticed that my results have been stronger later in the day! and I can definitely tell that the lines on the tests become MUCH darker everyday, so maybe that CB test didn't mean anything! Crossing my fingers!!

I second this, my results in this pg were far better in the afternoon than with fmu, and by the time my FRER was much darker than the control line I got a 3+ on clearblue. I doubt with a line that dark you only have 1-2 weeks levels of hcg, so it's either urine concentration or a dodgy test. Try one with afternoon urine after holding for a good few hours (I aimed for 4), and not excessive fluid intake, you'll likely get the result you need.

BUT remember - they are notoriously inaccurate and cause many women lots of the stress for NO reason. Your strong FRER is an excellent sign.

Congrats :hugs: xxxxx

I've always had stronger results in the afternoon. I took a frer a few weeks ago with FMU and it was a very faint BFP. I took one the same afternoon and the test line was way darker than the control.

As for the clear blue in my experience they seem to be a little sensitive. If you're worried see a doctor for a blood draw. Good luck xx

Update- so later this evening I took another clear blue and it said 2-3 weeks instead of 1-2 this time, so I must have better levels throughout the day rather than in the morning.. This is all so confusing 😩

That's great, lots of women do seem to have better results through the afternoon. Xxxxx

I found I had stronger hcg in the evening then in the morning.

I honestly would stop testing! You'll drive yourself mad. You have clear positives so i would just try to relax and enjoy the early days before you start to feel crappy. Congratulations :D

drop those clearblue digi's! they have terrified so many women, even me this month..Mine wouldnt change from 2-3 result.. every over a week later.. I panicked...my hcg was over 12 000... they are wacky and just cause stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->