test lines still faint.

Essjay85

Reaction score
Guys I got my bfp on a digital and a frer 2 days ago. My frer lines were light. So I had some other tests left over and I retested today hoping they would be a bit darker but they were still really light. Is it normal?

Hi essjay,

What tests did you use today? I imagine that it's test sensitivity why the lines are faint? Ie frer is ultra sensitive whilst a shop brand will be less so hence the faint line.

I worry about these kind of things too- I got my bfp on a frer a week ago but it was faint too- I was on holiday and had to wait a week to get another test! Did a digi yesterday and got pregnant 2-3 was so relieved. Almost poas again today but resisted the urge incase the lines were faint then id worry.
As everyone says a line is a line- how many dpo were you when you tested??
I'm a very slow hcg levels riser so didn't get my bfp (faint !) until 18dpo!

Ps I also have two boys! Wanna be bump buddies??
Xxxx

Yes I'd love to be bump buddies.

I'm exactly the same as you I was testing from about 10dpo and was bfn not even a hint of a line until I was 2 days late for aunt flow.. then some real squinter lines on clear blue and sainsbury! So the next day I did a frer and got a decent but faint line, and to my suprise got a "pregnant" on a sainsburys digi. So I thought great... pregnant. ... that was two days ago. Then today I thought I'd use my spare tests in hopes of an darker line, it was a superdrug and a line came up but still faint.. and I had a left over sainsbury regular test and that's barely even a line! With the same wee! Lol I feel fine only mild cramps. No bleeding. Hubby said this is definately gonna be the girl cause it's playing up already! Lol

I never experienced any of this with my boys it was always a decent line!

Test comparing is the worst! I've had bfp from 9dpo and using the same wee and same brand of tests I've had a variety of coloured lines! Think it must depend how much dye is in each test! I do find shop own brands pretty rubbish xx

Thanks! In strictly not testing anymore! I'm pregnant and that's that! Hubby has put me on a test ban anyway. He right cause I will stress myself out.

My hubby has too, I must admit it can become a tad obsessive! X

Tell me about it. Most regular people get a positive be it light or dark and accept it and stop testing lol I'm relaxed about it now after talking about it. I've let a cheapie sainsbury test get me on a downer because it has a squinter! It's crazy really. I keep going back and looking at my "pregnant" test. Making me feel better 😆 Thanks for the replies!

You are def pregnant and I think the same as above it's different tests and brands.

Let's step away from the tests and enjoy our first tri!!

Are you hoping for a girl?? Id be happy with either (as long as healthy) but a girl would be nice! Xxx

Yeah I need to lay off the tests!

And I would be happy with either as long as it's healthy but this one will be my last I think so it would be nice to have some pink in my life! I'm convinced it's another boy. I think if an ultrasound said girl id have trouble believing it... just can't imagine a girl can you? Lol be in shock. I do love the thought of having all boys aswell.. so its win win isn't it xxx

As long as you are not having severe cramping with red bleeding, you're still pregnant :) I also have to remind myself despite all the stretching pains I'm having that baby is still in there as long as there is no blood. Easier said than done not to worry though!

Pregnancy tests are so dumb when it comes to telling you how much hCG you have. Back in week 5, I freaked out when I took a test and the new test line was a LOT lighter than the previous test from a couple days before. So yeah, I properly FREAKED out and got my butt over to the ER asap, convinced I was miscarrying. Boy, did I feel dumb when they told me that my my hCG had gone from 2000 three days prior to over 4500 that day with a perfect doubling time. :dohh: They were sweet though and did a full exam to ease any worries I had, and did an ultrasound to show me that everything was fine. But... yeah, those stupid hpts can do more psychological harm than good if you're prepared for the result to be logical at all. :blush: Getting the blood draws is the way to go.

I know I'm gonna just ignore it as I feel fine so I don't think I have anything to worry about. And strictly no more tests for this mama! Lol thanks guys for the messages

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->