Test negative but line appeared after 5 hours - please reassure me it's an evap!

Bevziibubble

Reaction score

I am not ttc and my period is over a week late now which is quite strange for me. I've taken a test yesterday and it was completely negative. Went back to it after 5 hours and there's a line there - please reassure me this is normal and the test is indeed negative! I would have thought being over a week late I would have quite a dark line immediately if I was pregnant. I'm panicking a bit as life is crazy right now and would be the worst timing! Just looking for reassurance really that I'm not pregnant!

20231019_154858_copy_1512x2016.jpg

Those CB earlies always ALWAYS develop a line after the time limit. I've taken ...too many to admit to over the past months and after 30 mins to an hour it doesn't matter how negative they are, they will have developed a line. So I wouldn't overly worry- but maybe take one more brand in a few days just to allay your worries

I would say evap hun as the line looks really skinny and it’s way past the time frame but maybe try a red dye test if possible to put your mind at rest.

I'd say evap. Always get them on those blue dye tests and line looks too skinny.

It does look pretty skinny but also has some color to it so I would be safe and wait a bit longer :hugs:hopefully you get the answer your looking for

Oh gawd Bev! Maybe it's stress - that would make a lot of sense? Do you pay much attention to your ovulation signs? I tend to track all my stuff on the Fitbit app which I find helps me with this sort of scariness.

Then again maybe it's turned up by now?? Hope so ...

Oh gawd Bev! Maybe it's stress - that would make a lot of sense? Do you pay much attention to your ovulation signs? I tend to track all my stuff on the Fitbit app which I find helps me with this sort of scariness.

Then again maybe it's turned up by now?? Hope so ...

It could definitely be stress, I've been out of my mind with stress lately. I did ovulate but not sure when as I don't track it, maybe I should start though. It's still not turned up and I'm on cd41 now but with no pregnancy symptoms and I would have thought that test would have been very dark if I was actually pregnant. Hopefully it's just stress!

Yes, not surprised you've been so wound up with everything going on. ☹️☹️ That's the most likely explanation, or perhaps if you've been ill or anything that could have thrown it out.

I'm sure you'd definitely have a line by now, but you could always head to the doctor to be sure? As long as you definitely ovulated, it should turn up within the usual two weeks. So annoying for you that you can't remember when it was! I've been in this position so many times before I started tracking. Pregnancy scares are the worst. ☹️☹️

I would say it is likely negative since it's so skinny of a line and it appeared so much later. But I would still retest with another brand of test just to be sure.

But I've had a few cycles over the years that were randomly longer for no reason and I wasn't pregnant. Hope AF shows up soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->