testing at different times of the day

Discussion in 'Ovulation Tests' started by tigerlilly, Jun 3, 2011.

1. tigerlilly

tigerlilly Blessed with no.2!

I never get a positive from the first wee of the day (opk) but will get a positive later in the afternoon. Does anyone else find this?

2. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

You are not meant to use first wee of the day for OPKs as apparently the hormone builds up in your system throughout the day, I always got the best results between about 2pm and 4pm!

3. tigerlilly

Hi Caz ive been using the clear blue fertility monitior and it requests first wee of the day! when ive used other brands ive tested in the afternoon and had a positive. Wish they would make their minds up!

4. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

Ive not used the clear blue one! The ones I used were the cheap ones from ebay!!

5. navywife04

navywife04 Well-Known Member

I tested at all different times a day this cycle and finally got my positive in the morning. I don't know why!

6. tigerlilly

i got a positive on the test this morning using first wee with the clearblue monitior : )

7. mammag

mammag Expecting a Rainbow

It's very common, most women surge early in the morning, and it takes about 4 hours for the Lh hormone to build up in their system, so you can test at 9 am and even though you ARE surging, it has just not made it's way into your urine yet. That's why it's best to test in the afternoon, the Clearblue monitors are different because they measure Estrogen as well, which is why they need FMU.