Testing Early...what do you think?

Unicornwoman

Reaction score
I had a CP just end today. :cry: I'll admit, I'm pretty sad, but I'm also ready to move on. I've know for several days now that it was not going very well, so I wasn't surprised when the bleeding started.

My sister and I were just discussing this, and she thinks that I should not be taking pregnancy tests until my period is at least one day late. Her argument is that, since CP's are so common (something like 1 in 4 early BFP's), that it can only lead to unnecessary stress and heartache.

I'm not so sure I want to give up testing early. I feel that it's better to be aware of everything that is going on with my body. Plus, it is REALLY hard to wait when you are TTC!

What are your thoughts on this? Are there any pluses or minuses to testing early that I didn't think of?

I test early because I'm on Warfarin so I need to know ASAP to come off it :thumbup: I would imagine there's quite a few people who are in a similar boat to me, wanting to know so they can avoid medicines that can harm the baby.

Also people like to know so they know to avoid their favourite tipple :wine:

I will likely never give up testing early. My family says the same thing; to wait until I'm officially late so I don't waste money on getting BFNs or end up getting the CP. But I don't get depressed at negatives before af is due. Some just don't have that much hcg until af is late. And if a CP were to happen, while I would be sad, I know how common they are. I like to think that I would be okay.
and I agree with the others. I want to know early to make sure I don't drink or eat anything I shouldn't. I time my alcohol consumption rigidly throughout my cycle (I don't drink much to begin with but I abstain if it isn't within my schedule) and I eat sushi only during certain times as well (particularly after a bfn lol). So knowing the moment a BFP happens makes me know to abstain from the bad stuff.

After my chemical pregnancy I felt that testing early only caused heartache. I felt that if it was going to be it would be and I would find out when AF was late, but I still continued to test early. I didnt however take any BFPs to mean ANYTHING until AF was well and truely late.

I would have to agree with your sister. The first month ttc I got my BFP and then had it all go away a few days later with a chemical pregnancy. I think I waited longer the 2nd month of trying and the third month I officially got pregnant I had a Dr.'s appt at 17 dpo and tested that morning so I could ask them to test me too if it was positive. Totally your choice and how much you can handle. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->