Testing positive 4 weeks after miscarriage. **Tests getting lighter?? Pic added**

Laura27

Reaction score
Hi all - I had a miscarriage 4 weeks and 3 days ago, and when I tested on Monday I got a positive. Tested again today and got the result below. Does anyone have any experience like this with hormone levels remaining high for so long? I'm fairly sure i'm not pregnant again yet.
Thanks

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 61
I had a mmc in aug of 2009... A week after the dnc i tested negative on tests, i was 13 weeks when the pregnancy ended. By. Ow the hormone should be completely out of your system and would result, if there were any left,in a very faint positive... That is a beautiful line. Keep testing.. If it gets darker or remains the same, call your doctor. It seems you maybe pregnant already, which can infact happen. Good luck, keep me posted!

Thanks for the reply. I've been researching this all day online and it seems that it can be quite common for the hormone to stay in your system for a couple of weeks after but would have dropped dramatically, resulting in a very very faint positive. If anything this line is darker than the one on Monday. I'll be so so surprised if it's happened so soon as we weren't planning to try again for a while...xx

Sometimes things work out in mysterious ways.. Welcomed things. :) I hope for you this a BFP that will last and continue to get darker, and stick. Test again, and again, and again, lol. Im all excited now

Luckily FRER's were on 2 for 1 offer so I have another 3 now!! Planning to do another one on saturday and see where we're at. I've got a docs appt booked for first thing monday morning in case the line hasnt faded, I really want to know what's going on! Wont be getting my hopes up but i'll let you know the outcome.

BTW your LO is gorgeous!! x

Hey hun, i had a mc on the 11th of may and was told to do a test after the bleeding it came up neg. Done a test on sunday morning and got a BFP:happydance: So that was just under the 4 weeks. Every chance its a BPF. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks FunToRun - I wish I had done a test after 2 weeks!! At least i'd know what was going on now! Its going to be a long few days until I test again but i'm determined to leave a gap between them so I can see properly the difference :)

How many weeks were you when you had the mc if you don't mind me asking? I wonder if that affects the length of time that it takes for the hormones to go? I was 8+2 so fairly early on. xx

you've got more will power that me i would be poas everyday to make sure it was darker. Although i must say ur hpt looks very dark. Keep us updated:flower:

Hi all - I caved and did another test this morning, it wasnt FMU but this is the result. Does it look like it's getting lighter??

I really want to wait until Sunday now before another test...might have to get OH to hide the other 2!!

Attachments

• Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 86
id say it looks darker!!! FX your preggo! Good luck!

Kiley

Thanks - i'm going to test tomrorow I think. I have read up on it and the levels should be falling daily if it's just leftover hormones, but they don't seem to be going anywhere! x

How many weeks were you when you had the mc if you don't mind me asking? I wonder if that affects the length of time that it takes for the hormones to go? I was 8+2 so fairly early on. xx

It was a chemical pregnancy at 4+4. I would say the pics look the same. Fingers crossed for you hun.:flower:

I'd say they look the same too! I think you might just be pregnant again!!

I know ever woman is different but I deffo think you're preggers! I m/c on the 3rd June at 16 weeks, did a preg test today to check for HCG levels and it was a BFN! Good luck, keep us posted xxx

Hey hun, i had a mc on the 11th of may and was told to do a test after the bleeding it came up neg. Done a test on sunday morning and got a BFP:happydance: So that was just under the 4 weeks. Every chance its a BPF. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Congrats on ur BFP!! :happydance: i had my mc on the same day as u and am wondering if i may be preggo again but been holding out to test.

Hi all - I caved and did another test this morning, it wasnt FMU but this is the result. Does it look like it's getting lighter??

I really want to wait until Sunday now before another test...might have to get OH to hide the other 2!!

Hey hun it looks pretty close to the same to me but just wanted to share something with u when i got my BFP april 25th i tested with FMU and got a nice dark line so for the heck of it tested again without FMU a few hrs later and it was slightly lighter so if urs is slightly lighter it may just be where ur urine wasnt as concentrated as the last one so dont worry too much! it looks to me like ur preggo again so congrats sweetie :happydance:

Hey all...thanks so much for your replies. I took another test this morning to see if the line was getting lighter and got the result below. More confused than ever!! Really appreciate all of your opinions!!

Attachments

• pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 77
Id say ur preggo again hun! that one looks darker to me :D if it was left over hcg it would be getting lighter by now! so i say congrats ur preggo again!!

Still trying not to decide one way or another before i've had some bloods done but it really is strange that my levels would be so high this long after. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->