Testing too early?

Whitbit22

Proud Mommy
Reaction score
Got this from fertilityfriend.com... Thought masybe a lot of us (especially me!) should take this into consideration. From now on, Im definitely going to hold off on testing. This shows how rare positive results come before 10 dpo...

Method:
We considered a batch of the most recent charts analyzed on the FertilityFriend.com web site. We considered 93,184 recent charts for which the woman's averages from past cycles were available (most notably the average luteal phase length). For each chart considered we took note of the ovulation day, the first positive pregnancy test, the first negative pregnancy test and the average luteal phase length. From the ovulation day and the average luteal phase length we were able to calculate the day of the expected menstrual period. This latter parameter is extremely important to understand the results.

Results:
Average Day Past Ovulation (DPO) for the first positive pregnancy test: 13.6 DPO

Average DPO for the first "false" negative test result: 10.3 DPO

Percentage of pregnancy charts with a positive test at 10 DPO: 10%

Percentage of pregnancy charts which show negative results before a positive result: 17%

Average time between the expected period and the first positive pregnancy test: 0.5 days before the expected period.

Percentage of negative test results taken three days or more before the expected period day on non pregnant charts 40.7%

Yay, thats made me happy.
Or a bit more at ease.
I'm testing 14DPO now.
End of.
xx

I wish Id never wasted so many tests. Now Im late for the first time in 6 months and still gettin bfn! It can take a lot longer-- up to two weeks to get a bfp. Holding out for mine!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->