Testing Whirlwind :(

LorraineMM

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yesterday was an emotional day for me. Actually more a nasty rollercoaster of emotions. I tested 4 days early on a digital test just because...I wanted too. Having had sore boobs and no sharp cramps this cycle as usual for AF. I tested and it came up of course not pregnant. Anyway I had this urge to open it up (they do say not too) and I saw two lines. Instantly I thought it was a early positive result not picked up by the test yet. I was told by a friend that unfortunately the digital tests work very differently to normal HCG tests and it didn't mean what I thought. So I was gutted and brought back down to earth after that.

Just to put my mind at rest I used a normal clear blue test and it looked pretty negative but I opened it up and actually I saw a super faint line. Which is the picture below that I've sorted to make it more clear. This was yesterday evening...It is there, right?!

I struggled to sleep all night with nerves that it was a positive because after a year this is the closest I've got. 5.30am I gave up waiting. Admittedly I didn't have much pee but it was super concentrated. I got a negative result with no line at all. I sat in the bathroom staring at it for 20 minutes just trying to hope it would appear. It's 3 days until my AF is due still so maybe there's hope?...but could I have caught a very early chemical pregnancy if AF decides to still come along? Don't be afraid to be brutally honest about what you think xx

*I've been getting slight cramping since 11.30am this morning. Just to add the part of the test I have circled IS the correct part where the result line should appear. It is a clear blue test. I took it out of the casing to get a closer look. I have taken it out and put the strip back in 100 times to make sure its in the right spot.

Attachments

• 16708470_1209925642454488_6054925341039416197_n.jpg
    16708470_1209925642454488_6054925341039416197_n.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 49
I'm sorry to say that although I can see that line, it's in the wrong place. I think that's from where the plastic sits on the strip. The positive mark would be closer to the test line, the other side of the dot. I'm sorry, I don't want to give you false hope though. I really hope you get a positive soon xx

This has been taken out of the clear blue test casing. The line across is the control line and the one I've marked is where the result line should be x

Well there is definitely something there x

So strange to have tested today and nothing. I guess testing again tomorrow will tell or waiting to see if AF comes x Thanks

I swear our bodies and everything else involved in this process are designed to cause as much stress and heartache as possible! Good luck tomorrow! Please let us know how it goes :) x

The place you circled is not where a second line should be. That would be more to the right, closer to where the edge of the circle you drew is. Lines that appear where you circled is due to pooling of dye and tests should not be taken out of case.

Good luck though it's still early and you can def still get bfp!

I have put this strip back in its case 100 times to check the line is in the right place. It is within the circle the cross should fit in on the test x

I will thank you lovely. I'll make sure to keep everything updated :) x

I see it but I would defo get a frer and try again x

Its a confusing pic! Is it an invert? So its a cross test?

I have started getting this awful metallic taste in my mouth this afternoon. Like copper coins. It won't budge. I have ordered some red dye first response test to arrive tomorrow x

Fingers crossed for you :) I thought I had a faint line yesterday, and today's are all negative :( this whole thing is so frustrating!

Do u hav a non-inverted test or one in the case? I think its confusing people cos it looks like a dipstick with a vertical control line on the right.

I'm sorry to say that although I can see that line, it's in the wrong place. I think that's from where the plastic sits on the strip. The positive mark would be closer to the test line, the other side of the dot. I'm sorry, I don't want to give you false hope though. I really hope you get a positive soon xx

red_head:
This isn't a pink dye invert,it is a blue dye cross hair, the bright color you see on the invert which looks like a pink dye control line is just the shadow where the test strip ends. The invert shows the crosshairs you'd get.

original poster:
That being said, although there is a line there, it's hard to tell if it has color or not based on the invert. Also, even dyed lines can show up if the txt is exposed to air after the time limit outside of the case, so there are a lot of variables at play here. Good luck, you'll know if it's a positive or not if you test again in a few days.

I have put this strip back in its case 100 times to check the line is in the right place. It is within the circle the cross should fit in on the test x

OHHH, I just took a second look and now I see what you are seeing! When I first looked I thought it was a two line test with the straight up and down line you circled being the one in question and the bright line to the right being the other one, in which case they'd be too far apart. Now I see that it's a plus/cross test, and with a second look I definitely see the +. That being said, blue dye tests can be wildly unreliable. Are you able to retest, or maybe try a pink dye/frer? Be sure to update us. I have my fingers crossed for you

Retesting in the morning. The cramps I had were potentionally not af cramps. I had an evening of a bad stomach (tmi) and since that has settled there's no cramping. I also had some slight nausea which also only lasted for about 10 minutes the metallic taste was so strong it was making me gag

. I will be getting my first response test delivery tomorrow around 11-12am so will take a test as soon as I can tomorrow which will be 2 days prior to AF. I keep having dreams of a positive and I'm not able to sleep. Currently 2.30am :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->