The **1+ and still not walking** thread

Yay to all the new walkers and well done Fynn :) I told you he'd do it and Sam will too especially when he sees his brother having so much fun on his feet :) Jacob has now bben walking just short of 4 weeks and is getting faster and faster and loves nothing more than running off on me round the shops shouting "run away, run away" and cackling devilishly as he does so lol I think I'm actually quite glad that he wasn't on his feet early now lol

:happydance: Yay, Fynn! Well done, Megan!

4 days off 20 months now and still no where near. I've given up worrying for the meanwhile... She'll get there eventually! My OH went to a party of an old school friend at the weekend and her mum told him that she didn't walk til nearly 3! (No diagnosed hip problems or anything either.)

How are we all doing?

Fynn is now walking independantly in doors but going down to crawl a lot too but still too chicken outside and holds hands.

Sam holds two hands and plods along bless him, he starts physio monday eekkkk! We have been going to a mobility group for a few weeks and the physio gave us physio exercises and they have been working well. She said his trouble is confidence he is perfectly capable - he actually pulled up to standing by himself today for the first time whoop whoop and bless him was soooo proud of himself!!!!!!

Kelana is taking steps...not walking walking, but she will take a few once in awhile, and can get herself to a stand now.

We've had a little more standing without support- as long as there is something nearby she can grab, she'll stand on her own for a few seconds now. She pulls up lots and cruises well. She also has started taking a few steps with her brick trolley ( although only if I place it near where she is standing and facing towards something she is keen to get towards- usually the TV if I'm on my own... but Daddy works too!

Paige has just gone 14 months and is cruising really well and will walk alone between me and her daddy if we are fairly close together but that is all.

She has been walking holding on to our hands for what seems like forever but refuses to let go. As soon as we do let go she either stops dead and plops onter her bum or drops backwards.

She has never crawled either, she goes mental if we put her on her belly and has never got onto her knees.
She has only ever pulled herself up to standing once too, and I missed that as I was in the kitchen. Id left her sat in the room and she somehow got to her play table and was standing by the time I got back.

I dont think it will be long before she is off though.

Still not walking but cruising lots now and occasionally using her pram walker thingy to take some steps and will climb absolutely anywhere so definately getting stronger maisy was 18 months on Wednesday!!!

My lil girl is now pushing her push along walker :) its so fun to watch her. Shes actually very confident and hopefully soon she makes her first steps without it :)

How are we all doing?

Fynn is now walking independantly in doors but going down to crawl a lot too but still too chicken outside and holds hands.

Sam holds two hands and plods along bless him, he starts physio monday eekkkk! We have been going to a mobility group for a few weeks and the physio gave us physio exercises and they have been working well. She said his trouble is confidence he is perfectly capable - he actually pulled up to standing by himself today for the first time whoop whoop and bless him was soooo proud of himself!!!!!!
Vicky, that is fantastic, you must be so relieved :happydance::happydance::happydance:
Jacob will be 2 on Monday and he has now been walking for almost 6 weeks and he is doing great - most people can't believe it when they hear how long he's been walking. We have our review with the consultant on the 14th so I'm hoping all will be well as his wee feet still turn in a bit.
Good luck with physio, I hope you get one as nice as ours was :)

We've had a little more standing without support- as long as there is something nearby she can grab, she'll stand on her own for a few seconds now. She pulls up lots and cruises well. She also has started taking a few steps with her brick trolley ( although only if I place it near where she is standing and facing towards something she is keen to get towards- usually the TV if I'm on my own... but Daddy works too!

Bluehorse - that is fab progress! Jacob did that with his wee walker too, he loves playing skittles and we found setting them up was great motivation for him to go and knock them all down using his walker.
The only thing Jacob can't really do yet is climb up steps or onto the sofa etc and he can't get up from the floor without something to hold onto but I'm not worried about that at all as I know it will come when he feels confident enough to do it.
He's been walking for almost 6 weeks now and he never (ever) stops!! :haha:

Haven't updated this for a while, but Imogen is finally walking!!! And has been for about a month now! She's much steadier on her feet and is trying to run bless her!

Paige has just gone 14 months and is cruising really well and will walk alone between me and her daddy if we are fairly close together but that is all.

She has been walking holding on to our hands for what seems like forever but refuses to let go. As soon as we do let go she either stops dead and plops onter her bum or drops backwards.

She has never crawled either, she goes mental if we put her on her belly and has never got onto her knees.
She has only ever pulled herself up to standing once too, and I missed that as I was in the kitchen. Id left her sat in the room and she somehow got to her play table and was standing by the time I got back.

I dont think it will be long before she is off though.

Well I said she wouldnt be long, she started walking yesterday. Totally supprised us.
We were playing the game where she walks the small space between us and instead of coming to me, she diverted off and just kept going. She has not stopped since.
Yeay

Xavier is 12.5 months and not yet walking. He crawls well and cruises happily (and climbs!). He will let go with one hand if he is just standing - but not walking - but is yet to let go completely.

I know it's still early days - it just sometimes feels like he's a 'late' walker because all the others in our NCT groups were walking at 10/11 months.

Hi everyone *waves*

My daughter Bella is almost 15 months (will be on Oct 10th) and she's still not walking. When I'm out and about with friends, at playgroups, or even seeing some of the other kids at her daycare, I can't help but feel a bit disappointed that Bella isn't walking yet, but all the other kids seem to be. Disappointed may be the wrong word, but I feel kind of left out or that my child is behind. It's a horrible thing to feel because I'm very proud of my little girl.

She's been late on all the physical skills it seems. She didn't sit steadily unaided until 9 months, crawled at 10 and started pulling herself up to stand/walk around & between furniture at 11 1/2 months. She will walk with me if I hold her hands, but she just generally doesn't seem interested in it.

Hi everyone *waves*

My daughter Bella is almost 15 months (will be on Oct 10th) and she's still not walking. When I'm out and about with friends, at playgroups, or even seeing some of the other kids at her daycare, I can't help but feel a bit disappointed that Bella isn't walking yet, but all the other kids seem to be. Disappointed may be the wrong word, but I feel kind of left out or that my child is behind. It's a horrible thing to feel because I'm very proud of my little girl.

She's been late on all the physical skills it seems. She didn't sit steadily unaided until 9 months, crawled at 10 and started pulling herself up to stand/walk around & between furniture at 11 1/2 months. She will walk with me if I hold her hands, but she just generally doesn't seem interested in it.

firstly, CONGRATULATIONS on #2!

Secondly.. Harrison is 16.5months and i totally understand how you feel!
Some days it doesnt bother me because i know he will do it when he is ready, and others it upsets me quite abit because people treat him like a baby when there are other the same age walking around and they assume he doesnt understand as much as them :( like at toddler group yesterday (our first one EVER) they wouldnt let him paint because they thought he was younger, and things like that :(

Hi everyone *waves*

firstly, CONGRATULATIONS on #2!

Secondly.. Harrison is 16.5months and i totally understand how you feel!
Some days it doesnt bother me because i know he will do it when he is ready, and others it upsets me quite abit because people treat him like a baby when there are other the same age walking around and they assume he doesnt understand as much as them :( like at toddler group yesterday (our first one EVER) they wouldnt let him paint because they thought he was younger, and things like that :(

I know how you girls feel, Jacob didn't crawl until 2 days before his 1st birthday and he didn't pull up to stand or bear any weight until we had physio and he was 19 months old! He finally walked at 22.5 months - so around 8 weeks or so now.
Your babies will get there but I know how others comments can affect you :hugs:

Kelana is 14mths today, and she is now choosing to walk over crawling sometimes...she still prefers to hold someone's hand and is super unsteady, but she is walking! So...I guess I will leave this thread now...and best wishes for all those who are still waiting. To be honest...I have had my first baby walk at 9mths and my second baby walk at 10mths...and they don't feel like a baby anymore. They don't want to be carried and just run off...so enjoy this extra time with your LO's as 'babies'. :)

Ollie is a non walker too he is 13month I am not worried he cruises really well its just a confidence thing with Ollie.

Callum is 12 months old and cruises but has never stood alone or walked yet. I'm not complaining though and i'm not worried either lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->