The **1+ and still not walking** thread

The thing that bugs me is everyone (ok inlaws) saying can he walk yet all the time.. Ill bloody tell them when he can... I must admit i had a wobble over it the other day because my froends 10 month old started walking que wailing from me to dh about how im a rubbish mum and clearly am failing ollie.

Im hormonal just now dunno why tho (def not pg) xx

Ahhh I know how you feel! Evies cousin is 9 months old and has taken 3 unaided steps!!

Pissed me right off

Katerina is not walking yet! She can do 3-4 steps but that's it! I'm guessing maybe it will happen in the next month?

It does really annoy me when people constantly ask about it! Its not a contest and it does not mean that they are smarter if they walk earlier! My MIL keeps talking about her as if she just doesn't get how to do it :gun:

My LO is one next week and she's no where being able to walk unaided, she's loves to walk holding your hand. Her not walking doesn't bother me! Used to, but when I see my friends 9month old crusing along and she tells me enjoy her not walking for now.
I am defiantly enjoying my LO not walking lol. We don't live near family were going to visit family on her bday and my dad said 'I expect her to be walking when she comes down.' ppff please dad, she ain't nowhere near walking! Lol

All my cousin keeps saying is that her preemie isgoing to walk before Ollie (she has it in her head that because her oldest was walking at 9 months, her second will too!) that pees me off!

Jellybeann, i'm not sure how to upload a vid on here..its on my facebook...can i link it from there?

Well done Ollie :happydance: hehe since Isaac taking those steps last week, he's hardly taken any since unless he's holding my hand or pushing the pushchair....still, he's a master crawler so why wobble around the place when he can get there much faster and with less bother lol

Nicola xx

Morning Ladies,

How are you all doing? I have been having a few wobbles recently over Eloise not walking especially when I see friends younger babies taking their first steps.

I had the HV come to assess Eloise last week, she is very confident that she will walk but in her own time. However she has advised us to book a doctors appointment to get another opinion so we are taking her on Tuesday. Eloise has reached her developmental milestones later, she didn't sit unaided until 11 months, crawled at 12 months so I am just hoping she is following the pattern and will walk later too.

Will your toddlers stand on their own? Eloise will only stand if she has something to hold on to. If we let go or she has nothing to hold she just falls to the floor xx

Morning Ladies,

How are you all doing? I have been having a few wobbles recently over Eloise not walking especially when I see friends younger babies taking their first steps.

I had the HV come to assess Eloise last week, she is very confident that she will walk but in her own time. However she has advised us to book a doctors appointment to get another opinion so we are taking her on Tuesday. Eloise has reached her developmental milestones later, she didn't sit unaided until 11 months, crawled at 12 months so I am just hoping she is following the pattern and will walk later too.

Will your toddlers stand on their own? Eloise will only stand if she has something to hold on to. If we let go or she has nothing to hold she just falls to the floor xx

Ollie stands on his own...what we did was when he was stood holding on, we'd count to three, and wave our arms each side of my head, then say YAYY! And he wanted to copy us, so he did!

Hope that made sense lol!

We're notbad, still not walking though, I'm so impatient to see him walk! I know he'll love it!

Issy cant walk yet, she can use her walker to walk with and when we hold her hands but thas it. she can stand when holding on to something and has recently started to stand for a few secs on her own but not for long. im not worried but some people are doing my head in with their comments

Morning Ladies,

Ollie stands on his own...what we did was when he was stood holding on, we'd count to three, and wave our arms each side of my head, then say YAYY! And he wanted to copy us, so he did!

Hope that made sense lol!

We're notbad, still not walking though, I'm so impatient to see him walk! I know he'll love it!

I will give that a try and see if that encourages her, she doesn't seem to have the confidence to let go.

I am really impatient too. When we walk with her holding her hands or with her walker she laughs and giggles in excitement so I know she will love it too!

Issy cant walk yet, she can use her walker to walk with and when we hold her hands but thas it. she can stand when holding on to something and has recently started to stand for a few secs on her own but not for long. im not worried but some people are doing my head in with their comments

Yes the comments do my head in too. I don't think I would worry as much if people didn't keep saying things. We go to a music group and every week I am asked 'is she walking yet' grrr no, if she was you would see :dohh:

Evie is now spidergirl and walking along the Walls :haha:

She keeps letting go if the sofa for a second then bursting out laughing

Max crawled at 10.5 months and cruised the day after. He started taking steps around 6 weeks ago and will now walk from various bits of furniture but only small distances. He'll happily walk for ages holding one or two hands.

Today for the first time though he managed to get to standing from sitting, so I am hoping he won't be long. I was in no rush for him to walk before but now I think it's going to help his frustrations.

Ps I wouldn't walk without anyone holding my hand until I was 17 months old

Mine did not sit unaided until about 9 months and crawl around 10 months, started standing last week, so I'm not surprised if it takes him a long time! He's just a bit lazy.

^^thats the same as ollie a little bit lazy with a mummy who runs after him xx

Brian is a non walker as well which is odd concidering he was so early with nearly everything else.
He can march up and down the settee no problem and can walk around with his walker or holding my hand fine but only been doing that the last few weeks.
As of last night he can let go of my hand and stand unaided for a few seconds but as soon as he realises im not holding him he drops down and gives me a mouthfull :)
He walks around everywhere up on his knees just not his feet, he doesnt seem to have much confidance in it but I dont think its going to be much longer now.

OOOHHHHHH MYYYYY GOOODDDDDD - Sam (head control 9 months, sitting 11 months commando crawling 13.5 months - you get the idea) he acutally walked two paces voluntarily today while holding onto his chair - seriously this boy isss sooo content with his little life I am sure I will be carrying him to school - so this is just well fliipping HUGE!!!!!

OOOHHHHHH MYYYYY GOOODDDDDD - Sam (head control 9 months, sitting 11 months commando crawling 13.5 months - you get the idea) he acutally walked two paces voluntarily today while holding onto his chair - seriously this boy isss sooo content with his little life I am sure I will be carrying him to school - so this is just well fliipping HUGE!!!!!

Yay! Go sam :happydance:

He took his first 3 little unaided steps tonight so proud of him but he seems to think thats that now and refuses to get back up :)
Apparently his job is done :)

Lol well done Sam and Brian :)

Ollie done 2 steps last night again afterwards it was all too much and he had to go to bed lol these boys! Xx

Well done Sam ollie and Brian! :dance:

Still no further along here :dohh: altho Evie is cruising like a pro now!

just to let you all know, i can be removed from this group cause we now have a walker!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->