The **1+ and still not walking** thread

Can I join:hugs:

Emily is 16 month old and she has been late with mobility all the way along.

She sat alone at 9 months,Crawled at 12 months and took three unaided steps a month ago ( 15 months) but nothing since:dohh:
Now she is 16 months old and summer is here and she hates everything from grass to beach sand touching her hands :dohh: something that causes me to carry her EVERYWHERE because if I don't our trip to the beach, park or anyother outdoors place ends up being a scream fest:dohh:

I think I will be carrying her to school:dohh:

Just seen this thread! I have a bottom shuffler daughter who is 16 months and shows no signs of pulling herself up let alone walking!! Is this normal?xx

Hi future_numan & isobelhh :flower:

Evie stood today!!!

She was holding onto me then just let go and stood for about 10 seconds, collapsed on the floor, laughed then crawled away :haha:

Hasnt done it again

Hi future_numan & isobelhh :flower:

Evie stood today!!!

She was holding onto me then just let go and stood for about 10 seconds, collapsed on the floor, laughed then crawled away :haha:

Hasnt done it again

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
YAY Evie!!​

Well done Evie.

Not really any progress here, Eloise will happily walk around if we hold her hand but doesn't seem to have any confidence to stand alone or walk alone. I am hoping it will come in time. We have the doctors appointment on Thursday so will see what they suggest x

I'm sure that since she CAN do it (when you hold her hand) there is nothing medically wrong hun...but let us know what the doc says anyway! :hugs:

I got an email this morning from MIL asking if he was walking yet, again!

I'm sure that since she CAN do it (when you hold her hand) there is nothing medically wrong hun...but let us know what the doc says anyway! :hugs:

Yes I don't think there is a problem medically either and neither does the HV but they want to get her hips checked just incase as they said they have to get a second opinion when a toddler is 18 months and not walking so have booked us a doctors appointment.

if they do a check and their hips aren't right, what would happen then?x

if they do a check and their hips aren't right, what would happen then?x

I assume they would refer you to see the pediatrician. The HV did tell me that she had recently referred a boy who at 2 is not walking, he is now having physio x

Yes I don't think there is a problem medically either and neither does the HV but they want to get her hips checked just incase as they said they have to get a second opinion when a toddler is 18 months and not walking so have booked us a doctors appointment.

We took Eloise to see the doctor this morning, they are referring her to see a pediatrician so they can do some further checks. The doctor did say that as she reached her other milestones late (sitting, crawling etc) then walking could just be coming very late but they would rather be sure that this is the reason and not something else.

Well lots of hugs...although, i am sure all is good with her! Today at a playgroup a mummy told me that her little one didn't walk until 20 months..

She said that she was just a lazy baby who preferred to be carried and to crawl!

Isaac is still not walking properly....he's doing more and more independant steps though; 14 today!

He seems more interested in walking when we are at places with other kiddies...probably wants a slice of the action heheheh

Nicola xx

We're now on week 7 of walking but not walking. He walked quite a bit round toddlers this morning but was asking for my mums hands to go out walking round the garden this afternoon. Any day now, I keep telling myself. In reality its prob another few weeks away yet. But on Tuesday he walked from mum to me and navigated around a large post in the lounge and all his toys with no wobbles. He can do it, hes just being a pain in the bum bum

Evie done some great standing today!

She pulled hetself up on me when i was sitting on the floor then kept letting go for about 5 seconds and giggling and quickly holding back on again!!

my lo still wont walk hes climbing and crusing but wont stand unless he has one hand on something if i go to take his hands to help him walk he just sits down. we dont see the health vistor any more should i take him and ask her? hes 15 months and one week? x

whoop whoop sam sat up from laying today for the first time (lasiest boy in the world eh)

I am taking them both to HV next week - no doubt Sam will be refered.

my lo still wont walk hes climbing and crusing but wont stand unless he has one hand on something if i go to take his hands to help him walk he just sits down. we dont see the health vistor any more should i take him and ask her? hes 15 months and one week? x

Hi ya
Its totally your call- he int officially late walking until 18 months and as he is cruising etc etc i wouldnt (fyn cruises and I am not concerned about him) but if you want to for reassurance then I would go for it x

Ollie is 18 months in 10 days! I think I'm going to just trust him that he is not ready! When he walks with my hand, he is not putting any weight on my hand, I am literally just there for reassurance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->