The awkward moment when...

Noodlebear

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
you have to google some of the selections on a wedding menu to find out what the hell they are. Clearly I'm common as muck! :haha: Cringe.

Please tell me I'm not the only one? Lol.

Hahahaha I know nothing about food!

That awkward.moment when you buy your oh some nice expensive aftershave and the shop assistant says 'hopes he enjoys it" and I finish with "I will......."

I'm not even posh enough to have attended a wedding with a menu! But I think I'd be totally confused too. Never been to a posh restaurant in my life!

A friend's wedding menu included Foie Gras.....she had no idea what it was and picked it as a starter because it sounded posh.

Emy you can't be as bad as me lol. It wasn't even particularly posh just a bit pretentious - just call it a sauce or whatever and have done with it! :haha:
I didn't even know what fondant potatoes were! There was also a madeira jus, I seriously didn't know there was such a thing as madeira wine, cringe. All I could think of was the cake! :blush:

Emy you can't be as bad as me lol. It wasn't even particularly posh just a bit pretentious - just call it a sauce or whatever and have done with it! :haha:
I didn't even know what fondant potatoes were! There was also a madeira jus, I seriously didn't know there was such a thing as madeira wine, cringe. All I could think of was the cake! :blush:

Nothing that you just said made any sense to me :dohh:

Oh no, I do it all the time!

I feel better now!! Just gotta make my mind up about my starter now, they all look gross :haha:

If I know those things purely because I watch Masterchef but have never tried them, does that count :haha:

I didn't know what any of the meals were on MY wedding day, so it isn't that bad! :laugh2:

Fortunately I was pregnant so didn't eat much at all, which looking back seems like a good idea as a few people got sick after the wedding day, including non-drinkers!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->