The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

last night Malakai woke up and wanted a bottle, i forgot to put the steriliser on before going to bed, so instead i put boiling water in gave it a shake, and made him a bottle. he was screaming i had to do it

last night Malakai woke up and wanted a bottle, i forgot to put the steriliser on before going to bed, so instead i put boiling water in gave it a shake, and made him a bottle. he was screaming i had to do it

I've never sterilized anything...I did some research and found it's really not necessary in most situations.

I rarely sterilise. My LO is BF but gets the odd bottle of formula when I have to leave him for a couple of hours and guaranteed whenever it happens I don't have a clean bottle :dohh: I just give it a good rinse in boiling water and off we go. He's never had a bad tummy yet :thumbup:

As I walked away for a min. from my baby to get a bib to feed her, she fell off the bed…what an idiot am I!! I came back and found her crying on her tummy. She's 7 months old and obviously getting stronger now. I will never forgive myself. She seems ok, but still I will never forgive myself for this. Need words to calm me now please. God knows I'm so incredibly careful with her too :cry::cry::cry:.

Aww, tattle, that can be so scary : ( but I'm sure she is 100% fine!!

I did the exact same thing with my now 4 year old when he was about the same age as your LO. He's fine. : ) I think probably me screaming and yanking him up scared him more than the fall hurt him. Thank goodness we have carpet in our bedroom--the rest of the house is hardwood. Ouch!

I rarely sterilise. My LO is BF but gets the odd bottle of formula when I have to leave him for a couple of hours and guaranteed whenever it happens I don't have a clean bottle :dohh: I just give it a good rinse in boiling water and off we go. He's never had a bad tummy yet :thumbup:

I've never sterilized anything...I did some research and found it's really not necessary in most situations.

oh that makes me feel alot better.
when my little boy turned 6 month my OHs sister was at ours and i was filling the steriliser, she was shocked that i still use it, i said well anything with formula in you have to sterilise, she said she stopped sterilising anything once her lO was 6 month, i only sterilise bottles and his teething dummy thing when it goes on the floor but i have 3 dogs so i need to. but i will admit, for the past few days ive been forgetting to sterilise so i just shake with hot water, surely its kinda the same lol

My DD is 6 months old and I no longer sterilize either. I was told by the public health nurse that I only needed to sterilize the water until 4 months of age. DD's been doing great. If she starts to show signs of upset tummy I will start sterilizing the bottles again.

tattle: years ago my sister and I were babysitting our nephew and he rolled off the bed and landed straight on his head. We were even sitting right beside him when it happened--it just happened that fast. It was the most terrifying feeling ever. We felt terrible. He screamed and screamed but didn't get a bump or bruise. He's 7 now with no permanent damage. Keep an eye on your LO but accidents happen. You're still a good mommy.

I had DD upon the couch in her boppy this morning. Apparently I had her propped up too much and she started to tip forward when I was looking for her pacifier under the couch. Caught her and she almost fell off the couch. Had a freaking heart attack

Yesterday I won the award for most terrible mother. Daddy had an all day meeting so it was just me and baby. All day he was only sleeping for thirty minutes at a time and would wake screaming for what I thought was attention or food. I made the dumb mistake of taking NyQuil around five am too because I've had a cold for two weeks and the congestion just won't go, it was a last resort. Stupid, stupid. So needless to say I was beyond exhausted and getting frustrated at his fussiness, thinking of course he'd be fussy the day I was by myself.

Come to find out he was screaming from gas pains yesterday. His dad had the instinct to point it out and sure enough after a thirty minute massage and lots of toots later I had my smiley son back, and he immediately fell asleep for hours. Poor guy. I was too selfish to really figure out what was going on because I was exhausted. I felt terrible and cried all night about letting him be in pain. I feel so guilty amd am thankful my husband had his wits about him. Ugh.

Hi ladies I posted in here 4 years ago when my DS was a baby but just remembered a new one

First day the HV came round to see Callum after he was discharged from the midwives - think he was 3 weeks old. As I opened the door to the HV OH walked through from the bedroom to the lounge with Callum in his arms and *THWACK* his head literally bounced off the door frame!! Luckily he was fine but boy did he scream...not the best thing to do especially straight in front of the HV...not a good first impression!

Luckily all she said was "remember to hold the back of his head while carrying him...

I was visiting a friend and her new baby in the hospital Monday night. I had my 4 year old son and my 7 week old son. When we got ready to leave, I strapped the baby back into his stroller, and he immediately started screaming and crying. I rush the 4 year old out the door so we can get down to the car and feed the baby. It was only after the trek to the car that the 4 year old tells me he had put his 2 toy tractors in the baby's seat. I had strapped him in on top of them. : ( He was screaming because he was being jabbed in the back by toy tractors--and I just rushed to the car thinking he wanted to eat and didn't even check. His back was red, and I felt horrible. : (

I was visiting a friend and her new baby in the hospital Monday night. I had my 4 year old son and my 7 week old son. When we got ready to leave, I strapped the baby back into his stroller, and he immediately started screaming and crying. I rush the 4 year old out the door so we can get down to the car and feed the baby. It was only after the trek to the car that the 4 year old tells me he had put his 2 toy tractors in the baby's seat. I had strapped him in on top of them. : ( He was screaming because he was being jabbed in the back by toy tractors--and I just rushed to the car thinking he wanted to eat and didn't even check. His back was red, and I felt horrible. : (

ive done this sort of thing many times, when i was washing up one time i put Malakai in his pram so he could watch me, he was kinda laid back so didnt need strapping in, a little while later he started crying so i shushed him, a few mins later he was getting worse, so i picked him up, the poor guy was laid on the buckle, and he was naked too, he had a right dint in his back and side

My DD bashed her head on the kitchen tap whilst she was having a bath in her bowl.

I was holding her and without warning she went forwards. I really should have learnt my lesson but within minutes she did it again. Lively red mark on her forehead. Her head support I'd usually so good :cry:

Time to move onto using the bath!

OKay so this is a little bad, but also funny.
i was playing on the floor with M and he had them shapes you usually pop through the holes, so i was trying to stack them up for him to knock down, but as soon as i put one on top of the first he knocked them down, after about 10 attempts i got the third one on, he went to grab it so i pushed him back out of the way like a petulant child. i obviously stopped him from falling and instantly realised what i actually just did :haha: i felt so guilty but it was just too funny

Well today just topped off all the other horrible things I've let happen to my son this last month! I'm so lucky my poor sweet baby is still in one piece! :dohh:

Today I was going to go for a walk with a friend and our kids (my baby is 8 months old). I put the car seat in the special adapter in the stroller, but I didn't realized that it must have not clicked in properly. I didn't realize the brake was on the stroller, and I tried to push it forwards. When I did that, it rocked the car seat right off the stroller, and it flipped over and landed on the pavement, with my baby facing down!!! THANKFULLY, my baby was secured tightly in the seat belt in his stroller, so no part of his body even came in contact with the pavement. He cried for 5 seconds, probably out of shock, and seemed to be completely fine after that. THANK GOD he was buckled in! Safe to say I will be much more careful with checking to make sure the car seat is properly clicked in to the stroller next time.

And also within the last month he's fallen off his change table onto the floor (thankfully not hitting his head), he burnt his hand on a little space heater, and he fell forwards off of a little potty and got a bloody lip from hitting his teeth on his upper lip. POOR BABY! Thankfully he still seems to be his happy little self. I am doing more praying these days then ever for the safety of my poor child (and yes, I need to be much more careful!)

I successfully gouged a chunk out of my son's forehead and made him bleed when I went to adjust the pillow I was breastfeeding him on this evenjng :blush: My did he shriek for a few seconds!

He's just got his own back by whacking his hand into my eye and dislodging my contact lens...so all is good! :thumbup:

My poor baby isn't even 24 hours old yet and I've poked him in the eye and accidentally dropped my phone on him 😯
Poor bugga just gave me an angry look and went back to sleep. I feel awful! I blame the fatigue 😳

Haha this thread is hilarious! I was feeding my baby in the middle of the night the other night (well, was the middle of the night for her, I was still up..) and I dropped my phone on her head while she was dream feeding! It was only from a couple of inches above her head but she screamed and sobbed and I felt so bad :'( Then the next night I did a similar thing to what Maybe ThisMonth did - was adjusting my pillow which was above her head and my hand somehow slipped and I scratched her head! She cried again :/

Oooooops! :)

I tried so hard to resist but when my baby was 2 weeks old he was suffering from baby acne really badly. I would lightly scratch at the "white heads" to get them to pop. He didn't really care or notice. My picking habits are awful and I do it to myself and my husband. Thankfully the acne went away within two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->