• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Ive come down with a sinus infection as of last night and I keep thinking..I just wish for just one time..I could be sick with no kids to worry about..like it used to be..to stay in bed alllllll morning....only get up if I have to pee or finally have enough taste to get hungry....but sleep and be lazy for as long as the sick lasts..and then go back to being a mommy again lol...

Arghhhh!!!! I feel like the worst mum in the world!! My 6.5 month old dd rolled off the bed and bumped her head on the floor 😢 She started crying hysterically so I picked her up and she calmed down v quickly. She seemed fine but I called 111 panicking. They told me just to monitor her for 24 hrs for any unusual symptoms. She is now her happy smiley self. I on the other hand feel awful. I literally turned around to pick up her cardigan and turned back to see her roll off the edge. 😭

My first posts to this thread was this exact same thing! I felt absolutely terrible! Thankfully our babies are far more resiliant than we think! Glad she's OK! :hugs:

I'm certain this is just parental initiation :) glad everyone is okay!

Last night my LO was crying in the crib and I was so totally sapped of energy that I lay in bed for nearly 20 minutes and allowed her to cry her lungs out before attending to her . I feel so bad because she suffers from Asthma and stays awake during the entire night and I've been having sleepless nights every since. I just try to keep reminding myself that my occasional bad mom moments does not make me a bad mom . Its especially gets tough when you have a spouse who is on business trips almost every other day .......... I really wish I can be an ideal mom ..I'm trying so hard ...

i will never forget when my little boy was about 2-3 months old. we went for a meal, at the time he was on SMA stay down so i put his bottles with the chilled water in my bag.
Half way there i realised i forgot to pick his milk up, i said to OH i will get a ready made bottle of cow and gate, i knew it wasnt the best thing to change his milk back an forth but it was better than nothing, and cow and gate was the milk i gave him before.
so we got to the restaurant and i went into tesco, there was no c&g, only aptamil, a milk he had never had. so i got it anyway, when we sat down i made LO a bottle and gave him it, after a couple sucks he was choking, i then realised it was a size 3 teat, of corse it was, i planned to pick up sma stay down which flows perfect through a size 3 teat, aptamil and normal c&g however, does not!! :dohh:

The other night I was feeding our 8 day (now 11 day) old son a bottle. The room was pretty dark, so when he stopped sucking, I held the bottle up and shook it a bit to hear if there was any formula left in in...and then dropped the (glass) bottle smooth right onto his little face. : ( He squalled, but only for a few minutes, and thankfully nothing got bloodied or broken!

last night i got in the bath with Malakai, weve only been in the big bath a few times as i havent had a big bath since he was born until a month ago, the bath was a little cold, so i put malakai to the top away from the tap so i could run some warm water (just to be clear my taps arent hot, i set them to be warm for this reason) anyway im wooshing the warm water to the top when malakai slipped and banged his head on the bath, he screamed for a bit until i showed him toys he then calmed down a little.
i was going to take him to be weighed today but i dont think i will now, he woke with a shiner yesterday morning then bruised his head in the bath -_-

I was frustrated with a number of things along with PMS'ing and Sofia kept whining. She didn't need anything, she just wanted me to pick her up but I was trying to clean up the cats throwup [:sick:] and couldn't at that moment. After about 10 minutes of her whining I finally said in a very stern very loud voice "Stop it!". She looked at me all shocked and walked away quiet. I feel so bad! It's been a week now but I still feel awful. I hate that I took my frustration out on her when all she wanted was to be in my arms :( Needless to say I gave her lots of extra cuddles for the rest of the evening.

I was having a shower just now and could swear I could hear Leo crying. I told myself to just relax as he was fast asleep when I left him and I was just having mummy paranoia. When I get out, I hear him screaming. So I run out, dripping wet and naked, to find him red faced and in absolute hysterics. His face was all wet from tears ans he was in a right state. He calmed a little when he saw me but was still obviously very upset.
I quickly put him on the breast with the other one leaking all over his all in one :dohh: Feeling like the worst mother right now.

After changing the third diaper in a matter of literally 10 minutes and gone through a 3rd outfit in a couple of hours I was changing ANOTHER diaper and he started peeing all over the place. Some of it got on his clothes, and I was so irritated at this point that I didn't change him right away.

After changing the third diaper in a matter of literally 10 minutes and gone through a 3rd outfit in a couple of hours I was changing ANOTHER diaper and he started peeing all over the place. Some of it got on his clothes, and I was so irritated at this point that I didn't change him right away.

Don't worry darl, I'm guilty of doing that a couple of times too x

It gets even better during the potty training years when you're too tired to change pee sheets in the middle of the night, so you throw a clean blanket on top and wait until morning. Hopefully I'm not the only one lol...

It gets even better during the potty training years when you're too tired to change pee sheets in the middle of the night, so you throw a clean blanket on top and wait until morning. Hopefully I'm not the only one lol...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I really felt so awful!

I can't wait until the potty training years, I'm sure I'll have moments like that as well.

I eat my toddlers sweets ALL the time and blame the dog, the poor dog gets told to get in her bed and looks so confused as to why, I need the sugar rush to get me through the day that's all I'm saying! X

My son peed on his change pad cover and I didn't want to take it off and wash it as I was about to go to bed. I threw a cloth over it and went to sleep. It's been 2 days and I haven't washed it yet. :dohh: I totally forgot until I read this thread.

my little boy woke up the other morning, he had a little bit of his bottle and settled again, he was still awake but will have dropped off on his own within mins so i didn't change his nappy.
he woke up wet up to his neck, i had to change all his bedding, was supposed to give him mattress a good scrub, but i forgot until later on. by that time it will have seeped in and started to dry, oopppsss

I was at the local mall yesterday and I was waiting to be picked up on the roof carpark. Everyone who was entering the mall kept looking at me in disgust. I was expecting that. I'm clearly not of "acceptable" age to have a child. so I ignored them and continued frantically pacing and searching for the car that would take me to the doctors appointment which I was late for. Leo giggles and I look down at him to smile back and give him a tickle, to see he had one of his famous poop explosions which was seeping out the side of his nappy onto the seat of his pram. No wonder people were staring :dohh: So I quickly dash down to the families room to clean him up, all to find that I've left his change mat at home. Yay! But of course as soon as I'm done, he's all buckled in and I'm about to head out to get to the doctors, he decides he would like some milk and he would like it NOW. Now all the parents are staring at me as I stand there debating where I should just head back to the carpark or give him enough to tie him over to the doctors 5 minutes down the road.
Sigh. What a wonderful experience for the first time I've been out in public with him all by myself :nope:

I put DS in a zippered hoodie today and zipped his chest by accident :( He cried, I felt horrible, and now he's got a little red mark reminding me.

I banged DD's head off the booth at a restaurant tonight while I was trying to give her a bottle. Everyone saw. I felt horrible!! She cried for maybe a minute and then was fine.

My first post here! So yesterday I was making up a bottle and my little girl thought it would be fun to take a dirty diaper out of the trashcan in the kitchen. I quickly saw what she was doing and put the diaper back in the trash, closed and locked the lid of the trashcan, moved her away from the area, and went back to finish making the bottle. When I was done, I turned around to see her standing at the trashcan sucking on the lid!

I banged DD's head on the door frame to my friends bedroom when she was only about 3 weeks old. It was so loud but she didn't even wake up. I felt so bad!

When she was 4 or so months she was learning to roll and I left her on the bed while I was doing something, only to here a thump a few moments later. When I turned around I saw DD trapped between the nightstand and the bed! I felt like a horrible mother.

Yesterday I was feeling really sick with a cold I got and DD was having a bad day with teething so I left her crying in her crib for about half an hour after a failed attempt to get her to take a nap because I was too tired to take care of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->