• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Suzy Q...my daughter is also a stroke survivor..she was 10 months old..hers was a massive global stroke.....she also has visual cortical impairment and infantile spasms/seizures!! how is your LO doing? does she have a trach or g-tube or anything else?

my confession:im terrible for dressing my 11 day old son unless we go out. its tiring changing his diaper so much and redressing him. ive just been wrapping him up with blankets

We went to the library today, and my six month old son is obsessed with the orange folder containing my research. He realllly wanted it. So to amuse him while I researched, I let him grab it off the table and keep it in the stroller with him. He was really happy! Next time I looked over, the whole corner was gone off the folder. I see one piece of it adhered to his cheek, and dig the rest of it in one big wet gloppy chunk out of his mouth. Chalk that one up to learning about babies as I go...thank God he didnt choke!

I'm a sick momma with a baby who's been fighting sleep a little lately. I had just finished nursing him to sleep and my nose was getting drippy but my hands were full of baby. As I leaned over the crib putting him down to sleep my nose dripped right on his face. He stirred but didn't wake :dohh:

I heard my son poop just as he was falling asleep and choose to let him sleep instead of cleaning him up as i too was tired an wanted a nap he slept for 2hrs in it.

DS is only 6 days old and I'm already posting here, good lord! On his second night hen we were in hospital, I changed his nappy. I totally forgot that you should cover their little pickle while you do this. So while I'm wiping his bum, he does a massive pee. Straight into his face, he even got some in his mouth. I cried for two hours afterwards, cuddling him and apologising profusely.
Pineapple, I did this last night as he'd been up sooking and crying from 10:30, at around 20 to 2, he finally fell asleep amd sure enough, he pooped. Despite making two poopie nappies in the time he was awake.
I haven't cut his nails yet as I'm terrified of cutting him but he's got scratches all of over face. Some have drawn blood :'( I haven't even given him a proper bath yet (only warm water wipe downs), as when I tried he screamed like I was trying to drown him! We've been home for 4 days now!!

i did this in the hospital too, just as i lifted his bum to put the nappy under him, it didn't go in his mouth but all over his face & instead i didn't cry, i couldn't stop laughing bcos that was the first smile i saw him do. he was only 1 day old if that

Lol after I had DS1 by C-section, I had a spinal headache and had to lie flat on my back for several days. Anyway, in the midst of this, DH is in the next room changing our (maybe) 3 day old son's diaper. Baby starts crying hysterically, and hubby starts screaming hysterically, "Oh my gosh! He's peeing everywhere! It's going in his eyes and up his nose!!!"

Lol of course I probably cried in the moment, but over the past 4.5 years, it's just gotten funnier. : )

my confession:im terrible for dressing my 11 day old son unless we go out. its tiring changing his diaper so much and redressing him. ive just been wrapping him up with blankets

Oh my god. I've had two winter babies and am now feeling destroyed that I was not smart enough to think of doing this.

My babies only wore clothes for photos or guests when little...another blanket mummy here.

This morning I'm so tired that the kids had the crapiest breakfast imaginable. Chocolate biscuits, milk and a hunk of cheese each. They were happy but I felt bad.

My babies only wore clothes for photos or guests when little...another blanket mummy here.

This morning I'm so tired that the kids had the crapiest breakfast imaginable. Chocolate biscuits, milk and a hunk of cheese each. They were happy but I felt bad.

Don't feel bad, it's just once. It could be worse! My mom occasionally let me have brownies and coca-cola for breakfast. I have no idea what she was thinking! Then again, we also had McDonald's for dinner several times a week. :wacko:

Pregnant me has allowed DS to have Nutella sandwiches or mac-n-cheese for supper more than once. No worries, ladies, kids are resilient. ; )

Haha, I bet you were their hero after this! :haha:

We let our 5 1/2 month old watch cartoons (Disney Channel Junior) after her morning bottle so hubby and I can get ready for work.

Minties: I see dairy, protein, and wheat products. Sounds like a complete meal ;)

Nicole_E: sometimes that's the only way I can ensure my kids stay in the same room for 10 minutes!

Nicole, no shame there! We allow one TV show per day, and usually it's Curious George first thing in the morning while they drink their milk. That way I can either a) get ready for work in peace or b) give DH or I a little extra sleep if the kids woke up early.

My little girl has a crazy attention span, and she'll sit quietly in the recliner with her blanket all the way through the show. My son, on the other hand, usually sits still for 10 minutes and then loses interest. :haha:

Hi all,

I am a first time mom. My son is 8 months old. I've always suffered from depression, I was hit especially hard with PPD and recently I'm just a mess. My son is generally a "good" baby, except I can't get him to nap or fall asleep to save my life. We've had his health checked out, no issues interrupting sleep. But, I can't help, when these awful fights every night and day just to get him to sleep so I can have a break, regretting becoming a parent. I am in graduate school and this was not a planned pregnancy. I was with my partner for 9 years so we decided to pursue it. But I'm miserable. I get mad at my 8 month old for misbehaving, even when he doesn't know better. I get mad when I can't get him to sleep. I get mad because I've lost all of my friends (I'm 25 and the first parent of my "friends). And sometimes I just, regret it. I hate feeling this way. I hate my son seeing me sad. I love him so incredibly much, but I can't help but think if I could turn back time, I just might have done things differently. Can anyone sympathize? Am I the worst? :(

Hi all,

I am a first time mom. My son is 8 months old. I've always suffered from depression, I was hit especially hard with PPD and recently I'm just a mess. My son is generally a "good" baby, except I can't get him to nap or fall asleep to save my life. We've had his health checked out, no issues interrupting sleep. But, I can't help, when these awful fights every night and day just to get him to sleep so I can have a break, regretting becoming a parent. I am in graduate school and this was not a planned pregnancy. I was with my partner for 9 years so we decided to pursue it. But I'm miserable. I get mad at my 8 month old for misbehaving, even when he doesn't know better. I get mad when I can't get him to sleep. I get mad because I've lost all of my friends (I'm 25 and the first parent of my "friends). And sometimes I just, regret it. I hate feeling this way. I hate my son seeing me sad. I love him so incredibly much, but I can't help but think if I could turn back time, I just might have done things differently. Can anyone sympathize? Am I the worst? :(

:hugs: you certainly are not the worst! And yes EVERYONE can sympathize! Any parent who has dealt with sleep deprivation has experienced at least one "what have I done?!!" moment, if not many!!!! It will get better! Someday you will joke with your LO about what a sh*t sleeper he was and it will all be a distant memory! :hugs:

I agree with bella you are not the worst at all. Me and my df planned our first child (not our second but he was a nice surprise lol) and I have many moments like that. Only yesterday I actually said "oh for gods sake Logan will you just go to sleep so I can have 5 minutes to myself!!". As soon as I said it I thought why am I mad at him he's a baby it's not his fault but there are so many times I have felt like "what have I done?". I'm the same as you, have lost my "friends", social life and any freedom at all really (a lot of that is down to my lazy df but that's another story). But as bella said, one day we will look back and laugh about our LOs being bad sleepers and how we never had a life etc. I try and remember that one day I will have a social life again, I will be able to leave the house after 6pm again and I will have friends again, but my babies will be all grown up and won't need me as much anymore too. I know it's hard but that's the thought I try to hang on to. Big hugs Hun :hugs: :hugs:

I let my one month old son watch the T.V in his bouncer, so I can have my morning coffee and do housework. It's not all the time but he's become extremely clingy of late and this is the only way to distract him from crying when I'm not holding him. I always vowed my children would be outside playing instead of infront of that thing, yet there he is at one month old :dohh:

Elodie is addicted to peppa pig, so much that I've literally had to limit it through the day :dohh: she has it on in the mornings with her morning snack (while I adjust to waking up haha) and maybe in the night, her dad always has it on for her I have to turn it off!

Arghhhh!!!! I feel like the worst mum in the world!! My 6.5 month old dd rolled off the bed and bumped her head on the floor 😢 She started crying hysterically so I picked her up and she calmed down v quickly. She seemed fine but I called 111 panicking. They told me just to monitor her for 24 hrs for any unusual symptoms. She is now her happy smiley self. I on the other hand feel awful. I literally turned around to pick up her cardigan and turned back to see her roll off the edge. 😭

Arghhhh!!!! I feel like the worst mum in the world!! My 6.5 month old dd rolled off the bed and bumped her head on the floor 😢 She started crying hysterically so I picked her up and she calmed down v quickly. She seemed fine but I called 111 panicking. They told me just to monitor her for 24 hrs for any unusual symptoms. She is now her happy smiley self. I on the other hand feel awful. I literally turned around to pick up her cardigan and turned back to see her roll off the edge. 😭

My first posts to this thread was this exact same thing! I felt absolutely terrible! Thankfully our babies are far more resiliant than we think! Glad she's OK! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->