The BFP Before The 'Would Of Been' Due Date Thread - Any Joiners?

Hmm yeah I thought about taking a break this month & just having sex when I felt like it & just enjoying my hubby again then jumping back into ttc in September. I think that's what I may do. I'm just burnt out & kinda down about it.

yes I"m high risk for every and any pregnancy I ever have now. I have an Arterio venous fistula in my uterus which can rupture during labour, it hasn't yet but thats not to say it won't. Though I'm hoping it doesn't. AT least not till I'm done having kids. Then they can embolize it lol. I also wouldn't do home birth if I was healthy just cause I live like 35-45 minutes from the closest hospital but I wouldn't mind a water birth in a birthing centre.

Bamagurl - Have you tried using Softcups after BD to keep the sperm in near the cervix? I did that the month before my second BFP and the month of my BFP. I don't know if it actually made a difference, but I know a lot of women swear by it and I figure it can't hurt.

Thanks ladies! I am trying to decide what to do different to get my bfp. I don't want to take on too much so that it causes extra stress. I'm thinking of buying ovulation tests as I haven't had any 2 cycles the same length. Any other suggestions on what might be helpful this go around?

I really liked the clear blue digital OPK's helped me get my angel BFP and this BFP. They are spendy, so this time I used dollar store OPK's for a few days before and then more or less just "confirmed" with the digitals. I also tempted for several months while waiting for this BFP, but I was told to wait 1 year before TTC, so I wanted to make sure I knew EXACTLY when I was ovulating to get a BFP ASAP. We ended up only waiting 5 months, but I knew SPOT ON when I ovulated with the help of the OPK's and temping...the only other thing I added on was an OTC cough syrup right before I ovulated (you can study up on Municex or Robotussin while TTC if you want more info on that). It was kind of random and only for 1 day, but I who knows maybe it helped??

I have never tried soft cups but have heard many ladies say it works for them. I have looked them uP online & I may purchase some in September. I think August will be our relax month...

I have thought of the digital ovulation tests just because my cycles are sparatic & it is hard to pinpoint the day of O. My sil has some her hubs accidentally bought thinking they were pregnancy tests. So I may do them this month I'm just not sure.

The past few months have been so stressful ttc

I'm just getting back from a weekend camping trip with friends, which was lots of fun but also really tiring. Now I have to go home and wash clothes and re-pack for a work trip the next three days. Three days of 12+ hr shifts (two days I'll be sitting at a computer, one day I'll be on my feet all day) during lots of stress (we'll be helping a hospital start using the electronic medical records software that my company makes) - I'm hoping it won't be too hard! My last one I did at 7 weeks and that wasn't any harder than normal - I hope these ones at 15 and 18 weeks won't be too bad. I just hope the pain in my leg doesn't bother me too much.

I'm still feeling like I'm going to start miscarrying at some point. I'm trying to ignore it, but I really don't feel like this baby is going to make it all the way.

Bama - yeah it's good to relax :) Me and OH we're house sitting for 6 weeks which kind of helped :blush: GL sweety, it has taken some of us quite a while to conceive after a loss so don't feel too down hun if you have a few crap cycles. Lets hope you get your BFP this cycle though!! :D xx

Kelly - Oh dear, that's not good. So do you basically have extra appointments etc to make sure all is well? xx

Bama - yeah it's good to relax :) Me and OH we're house sitting for 6 weeks which kind of helped :blush: GL sweety, it has taken some of us quite a while to conceive after a loss so don't feel too down hun if you have a few crap cycles. Lets hope you get your BFP this cycle though!! :D xx

Yeah I try not to be impatient as I'm still in the early frame of ttc. I'm trying to think of fun new things to spice it up for the hubby!! He has been such a good sport about my ttc craziness haha

I have never tried soft cups but have heard many ladies say it works for them. I have looked them uP online & I may purchase some in September. I think August will be our relax month...

I have thought of the digital ovulation tests just because my cycles are sparatic & it is hard to pinpoint the day of O. My sil has some her hubs accidentally bought thinking they were pregnancy tests. So I may do them this month I'm just not sure.

The past few months have been so stressful ttc

Those helped me to relax because when I got a smiley face I knew it was "GO TIME" for those few days in a row--where as before I was just guessing and then waiting for my period to come. After a cycle or two to learn your luteal phase (time between ovulation and AF) you can better gage when to expect/ OR NOT expect AF--even tho you have varying cycle lengths, your Luteal Phase is probably the same within a few days, and its the time waiting to ovulate that is varying...

Bamagurl - Have you tried using Softcups after BD to keep the sperm in near the cervix? I did that the month before my second BFP and the month of my BFP. I don't know if it actually made a difference, but I know a lot of women swear by it and I figure it can't hurt.

I tried them last cycle and they are strange...i'm sure they work but didn't for me. at least not yet. i might use them just during my most fertile days this cycle and see what happens. good luck girls!

I tried them last cycle and they are strange...i'm sure they work but didn't for me. at least not yet. i might use them just during my most fertile days this cycle and see what happens. good luck girls!

They do feel a little odd. I had actually gotten them for BDing during AF before we were TTC, so I was already used to them. I preferred to put them in after laying on your back for about 10 minutes - so 10 min letting things do their thing naturally, then out in the Softcup, then lay on my bqack for another 10-15 min just in case. :)

Jess, thats the plan, won't know for sure till I meet with an OB which won't be for a while, I have my first prenatal apt coming up soon though so will be asking about that. I guess the highest risk is when the placenta comes out, I also can never have a d&c and c sections increase my risk for bleeding as well, especially since it's on the top side of my uterus. They're pretty sure I had it from birth though and I did loose a bit more blood then usual having my son but hannahs delivery was ok so I'm not expecting issues. Just planning for them to be safe.

Blakesmom why were you told to wait a year to ttc?

I tried soft cups, wasn't a fan of them, very messy and smelled bad with the sperm :sick:

I had a partial molar pregnancy--a year is more of an "older" recommendation since I had a partial rather than a complete, 6 months is more common, or 3 weeks of negative hcg followed by 3 months of negative hcg. We ended up conceiving about 5 months post d&c and I had had 3 monthly negatives. Haven't seen the Dr. who did my D&C but her nurse sure was in a panic when I had my monthly hcg levels come back with an increase (because of this new pregnancy)! I returned to my midwives as they are a WHOLE LOT CALMER LOL!!

^ I'd likely freak to, poor thing probably thought it was your molar coming back. lol.

I had gotten a BFP and called to ask if I still needed to do the monthly draw (and to give them a heads up!) So when the nurse was so panicked I felt like I needed to calm her down. She made me go for a Ultrasound STAT--didn't even tell DH I was going as he was working and then even though I knew everything should be OK she did kind of freak me out--and of course since it was sooooo early they couldn't confirm much with the ultrasound which then made me worried until I had another 2 weeks later. By the time I got in to see my midwives @ 10 weeks they were so calm about everything, even when we couldn't hear the HB via doppler--she was like--no biggy--no need to stress, we'll hear it next time--then my 12 week ultrasound gave me TONS of reassurance.

Oh that does suck, she should have been more calm so as not to stress you out.

switched care from that office and never looked back LOL

I freakin loved soft cups! I hated the "laying on your back for 10 minutes" thing, I always wanted to get up and pee right away so in went the softcup and I was up running around. We used preseed too as I secretly thought it was more FOB then it was me :blush:

blakesmom, sounds like you've had quite the experience. Glad your midwife is so calm, that's really helpful.

Got bad news about my grandpa today. Sounds like he is going on hospice tomorrow, (he looks horrible, and he isn't eating anymore) and my grandma is in complete denial saying "everything is fine" even though he turned on their gas stove and almost blew their house up last night. She is refusing any kind of help, and as she takes sedatives at night she doesn't hear what he is doing until she wakes up. I'm so irritated by the whole situation, and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to forgive my grandma for what she is doing, undiagnosed mental problems or not.

Blakesmom how far on are you now? X

Sam big :hugs: that sounds stressful x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"