The BFP Before The 'Would Of Been' Due Date Thread - Any Joiners?

The scan went well! I'm so relieved risk for downs is ridiculously low :) Hematomas are gone and baby is healthy, no signs of other anomalies at this point :) Looks like we get to tell people now.

https://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx211/kelly8910/export--86324645-1.jpg

Yay, how exciting!!!

Hi Ladies, I'd like to join please. I lost my baby girl on the 21st of august at 19 weeks pregnant due to pprom. My due date was the 15th of January, I would love a bfp before then.

To all the pregnant ladies on the thread - huge congratulations to you! To all the ttc'ers - rainbow baby dust to you all x x x

Welcome, Pink_Sparkle. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :hugs:

Bad news from the ultrasound - they found some choroid plexus cysts. The doctor said that this usually means nothing and the ultrasound looks perfectly normal otherwise, but there is an increased chance for chromosomal defects (about 1/100, which seems kind of high to me). I'm going to have to try not to worry for the rest of this pregnancy. :(

pink sparkle sorry for your loss. I lost my daughter at 18 weeks to a rare condition. I hope you get your rainbow.

Ugh, I'm just so worried about the choroid plexus cysts now. There's basically nothing they can do at this point other than an amnio to figure out if my chances are lower (since I'll be 20 weeks tomorrow, it's too late for a quad marker, which I stupidly declined since my OB said how it gives false negatives and worries people). I hate the fact that I have to spend the next 20 weeks wondering. I already feel like it's harder for me to feel connected to the baby since there's a chance that she might not live. I know it sounds stupid since there's a 99% chance she's fine, but I can't help it. Blech. :(

Great pics kelly and kate :) God I love ultrasounds!

kate, I thought I'd read about these cysts and most of the time they resolve themselves? I could be totally off the mark here, but if your doctor isn't pushing more tests I'm sure it'll work out.

Yes I definitely learned my lesson about online shopping, goodness I was just so excited about the money I really didn't think about it :wacko:

I've been so tired lately, and I got taken out of work for a week because I was having more cramping yesterday :( All my bloodwork looked fine so I wonder why this keeps happening? I see my OB tomorrow so I guess I'll find out what is going to happen then.

Sam, I hope the cramping stops!

The cysts do usually close themselves, but they don't actually cause any issues (some adults even have them and it doesn't effect anything). It's just that they are corrilated to Trisomy 18, a chromosomal problem that usually results in stillbirth or infant death (only about 5% of babies live past a year). It just increases the chances significantly that my baby has that, but there's still only about a 1% chance that they have it since they didn't see any abnormalities on the ultrasound. Unfortunately unless I'm willing to risk an amino I really just have to wait and see.

^^ I know it's hard, but I really wouldn't worry about it too much. It sounds like everything will most likely be fine, and quite frankly what can you really do even if it's not? If there wasn't any abnormalties on the ultrasound I'd think you're in a pretty safe zone with it. Will you be having another scan to see if they resolve themselves?

3rd tri today, pretty scary stuff :wacko: I think it's starting to hit me that I'm not just going to be pregnant forever, eventually this baby will come out and expect me to take care of it :rofl: It's so life changing!

Congrats on 3rd tri, Sam!

Luckily they're letting me get the quad marker blood test today - they said some of it may not be accurate at this point, but Downs and Trisomy 18 should still be valid until 22 weeks (and those are the ones I care about due to the ultrasound). Hopefully my risk will come back low and it will ease our concerns since the quad marker is seen as a more reliable indicator than the cysts. If I come back with a high risk on the quad marker as well, that's when we'll have to look at what other options we have (probably just more in depth ultrasounds to look for defects, I don't want to do am amino).

I'm 20 weeks today - for better or worse, I'm approximately halfway through.

Congrats Sam on third tri and congrats Kate on 20 weeks. You give me hope for a rainbow of my own xx

Kate we had a patient in my office last week with her 4 daughters and she said with her last 2 they were predicted to have down syndrome, but both girls are perfect and healthy ( 4 years old and 18 months) and don't have downs. She was sharing how they wouldn't have done anything differently with this news but felt God really tested them with those test results. So like you said wait for the results and go from there---just a step at a time and know the "accuracy" of those tests is never 100%...

Blakesmom - Yeah, I know those tests are not always accurrate, just hoping that if there's a very low chance from the blood test that then we can be less comcerned and pretty much ignore the ultrasound. Downs wouldn't be as big of an issue for me if it went undiagnosed until birth, but Trisomy 18 (which is the one much more likely with the ultrasound results) usually causes death before/at birth or death within the first month, so that's something I feel I'd need to prepare myself for. Only a 1% chance of it from the ultrasound, but I know someone who had it happen to them even when they saw no other problems on the ultrasound. But if my blood results come back with a lower probability, then at least we can know it's more likely that we're in the 99% who are fine. If the probability is high, then we can look into more ultrasound testing.

I didn't sleep well and my temp took a dip. FF gave my crosshairs and set me back to 3 DPO when I thought I was 6 DPO. Darn! But at least it says I ovulated early still! I guess I will postpone testing til the 21st instead of the 18th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->