~~The big BFN PEE-OFF!~~

:thumbup: Thanks for the reassurance Petitpas, this is my first d and c and first time under a general, so im a bit worried but your words of advice are a comfort. Well 4 or 5 weeks ago I was booked in for one then after a massive bleed where the doc removed some tissue manually they said that I didnt need it and cancelled it. God I wish I had it done then really but cant worry about that now.

:hugs: to all xxx

Honestly, bluesky, it's a doddle!
When they put the stuff in the canula to make you fall asleep it's like having downed a few drinks - a bit woozy, but not uncomfortable at all. That lasts for about ten seconds while the doc tells you that might feel woozy. I usually have just about enough time to slur happily that it's working and then I'm fast asleep until I wake up in the post-surgery room. Usually there is someone right by your side holding your hand (I've had that both on the NHS and private) and after the light anaesthetic of the d&cs I didn't feel groggy at all. You might have a slightly scratchy throat after because of the tube they put down while you're sleeping but the feeling is more of a thirsty type and you'll be encouraged to drink water soon after waking up so it goes away quite quickly.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything goes well and the remaining tissue will be all taken out during the op! xxxxx :hugs:

Honestly, bluesky, it's a doddle!
When they put the stuff in the canula to make you fall asleep it's like having downed a few drinks - a bit woozy, but not uncomfortable at all. That lasts for about ten seconds while the doc tells you that might feel woozy. I usually have just about enough time to slur happily that it's working and then I'm fast asleep until I wake up in the post-surgery room. Usually there is someone right by your side holding your hand (I've had that both on the NHS and private) and after the light anaesthetic of the d&cs I didn't feel groggy at all. You might have a slightly scratchy throat after because of the tube they put down while you're sleeping but the feeling is more of a thirsty type and you'll be encouraged to drink water soon after waking up so it goes away quite quickly.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything goes well and the remaining tissue will be all taken out during the op! xxxxx :hugs:

Thanks that makes me feel better. fingers crossed for the BFN's on sunday ladies xx

can i join please, im still getting positives 9 days after my D&C.

Hi baroness. Sorry to hear about your loss :hugs: of course you can join! I'm on my mobile right now with minimum functions but will put you on the front page tomorrow. Since we're all peeing in the morning there should be a few updates due in :)

Hi ladies,

petitpas, I tested this morning and no joy!! still positive!! I'm FED UP!! its 2 weeks tomorrow since my last blood test, I really thought my levels would have dropped to 0 by now, but it seems my body has other ideas, :cry:
I hope you have a better result with your test this morning.

Been getting some weird cramps low down and a constant low backache, so thought af was defo on her way.

xmagsx :hugs:

Morning everyone - still no BFN for me either although the test are gradually getting fainter.

It's over 6 weeks now since I had the scan that showed an empty sac (although only just over 3 since I had the medical management) and the one positive thing I'm getting from this whole experience dragging on is that it's given me time to get used to what's happened and I now feel much calmer about TTC again when the time comes.

Hope someone gets a bfn today !

I hope someone does, too, but it ain't me lol. My line arrived after 2-3 minutes. Now I'm keen to see the results from Friday's blood test to see how sensitive there frers are! Sorry to hear about your positives this morning ladies. Can you not ask your doctors for another blood test to see where you are at? MrmoJo, i know what you mean about the time passing and healing thing, but it's still weird after all these weeks to be medically deemed as pregnant even though we clearly aren't. For instance, i can't use my maternity exemption card at the pharmacy but i still have to inject heparin for six weeks post pregnancy and that period hasn't started yet! Weird, confusing, annoying! Here's to hoping someone will drop by and cheer us up with a negative :)

Hi everyone,

I tested again this morning, still positive!!, I'm off to GP's for yet another blood test at 9.30, will let you all know the results either tomorrow or wednesday, good luck to all you lovely ladies over the next few days, fx'd someone gets a BFN!!

take care

xmagsx :hugs:

Hi

I Poas on saturday and it looked like it was a BFN to start with but then after 5 mins it had a V faint positive, going for my D&C on weds so im sure after that Ishould get my BFN, for goodness sakes its 11 weeks this week......

:hugs:

Can I kind of join you girlies?

Had my D&C exactly 28 days ago. I was testing positive right up up the 2nd June when I went on holiday. I tested again on the 12th and it looked negative to me until I saw a faint faint faint line (the sort of line in the tests gallery that have to be inverted in colour so you can see!) but I was still counting it as BFN.

Now i'm hoping and praying my AF comes this week but i'm terrified by BFN was actually a BFP and it won't show for ages. I want to TTC again!!!!!

Maybe we should start a 'come on first AF I want to have unprotected sex again!" thread?!

Hello prgirl

Yeah join in, I hope you get your AF A.S.A.P.....

Like the idea of the thread you should start that one. I know im gonna be waiting a while for mine as my d&c is booked for weds which is gonna put me back even longer. Oh well onwards and upwards!

Right everyone, I have been slacking terribly and here I am at midnight catching up. I hope I've updated everyone but please let me know if I've left someone out as I'm a bit bleary-eyed right now...

Pr-girl, all welcome here! I like your idea of a pee-off-graduation-thread. I'll be right over there... ahem... in a while :rofl:

Maggsy, let us know what your result is! I get mine (from Friday) tomorrow...

Bluesky, more :hugs: for you my dear! At what time do you have to go in on Wednesday?

Hi ladies. i am hoping i can join you guys. I got my BFP on 4 June. Started bleeding yesturday after having slow rising HCG. On friday it was 291 and then on monday it had dropped to 67. I am hoping to have a BFN when i test on friday.

Welcome aussiettc.

Petitpas - thanks for the hugs, going in at 10am, hoping they get me done so I can watch the football in the afternoon (even thou the only reason I watch is to see david beckham sitting on the side line lol)

I love being in limbo land!!

Well, I'm sticking around until Christmas, I think. My hcg result from Friday came back: 22.6. A puny drop of 2.4 in seven days *sigh*. Time to make myself comfy in limboland with bluesky methinks :coffee:

Petitpas, whats the consultants plan of action for you? u just gonna wait it out? any more scans booked to see if there are changes inside.

Still getting BFP :( also still bleeding, two weeks later! Im so fed up of it now.

Baronessgogo, sorry to hear about the continued bleeding - that really sucks!

Bluesky, the plan is to wait until the end of July to see whether anything passes naturally. If not, we'll probably schedule an operation. We're going for more of a hysteroscopy rather than a d&c as I've had two d&cs already. I don't know if the lingering hcg makes any difference. I'm travelling to the States in August so I'd like to be 'fixed' by then :)

Good luck with your op tomorrow! If you can bear it, check in and let us know you're ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->