THE BIG WEIGHTLOSS THREAD! **Loser of the month with a massive 17lbs gone - Shanka**

My weekend was pants, I probably put back on the 3lbs I lost!

I really need more motivation, I can be a lazy sod most of the time. I think I just keep telling myself I dont look as bad as I think I do but I really need to lose the extra pounds, im only a size 12 atm but I seem to have 'extra' bits lol if that makes sense.

What gives you ladies the motivation to not eat those foods you love and how do you choose between tv and excercise coz im stuggling!

What gives you ladies the motivation to not eat those foods you love and how do you choose between tv and excercise coz im stuggling!

By looking at things like this:

https://www.fitnessbeyond.co.uk/nicole01.html
https://www.fitnessbeyond.co.uk/success_stories.html

I make sure that my iPhone has all of my favourite upbeat tracks on it, and I only listen to them while exercising. So I look forward to being able to listen to them. I need something with a beat to keep pace to.

I also know that by exercising I am giving myself a better chance of not getting ill, or even dying young. Fad diets will make you thin, but you will be incredibly unhealthy(some can cause liver, kidney, bowel problems, headaches. etc). Exercising for 30mins a day can lower your blood sugar, cholesterol, and give you less chance of getting heart disease, diabetes, certain cancers, etc.

I want to be able to be fit, and maintaining fitness is a lot easier than getting fit. I want to be able to do what I want when I want, and not have my body hold me back. I want to be able to walk into a shop, know they have my size and look good in what I try on. I want people to notice me for me, not the fact I'm overweight.

Most of all, I want to be an example to my daughter, and show her that healthy eating and exercise is important. My FIL is incredibly overweight, has type 2 diabetes and heart disease. All brought on by diet, and never exercising. What are the chances he's cut his life short? How is that fair on the family he will be leaving behind, just because he couldn't be bothered? As a parent, I feel I have a duty to be as healthy as possible, not only to set a good example to my daughter but also try my hardest to make sure I am around to be her parent for as long as possible.

well said RAFWIFE

I am fed up of having rolls where there shouldnt be. I am a size 12-14 but certainly have wobbly bits where there shouldn't be.
My eight year old asked me "when will my thin mum be back!!!"
i too am struggling with the exercise motivation but know if i dont i will get disillusioned when i stand on the scales and it stays the same!!

Well said Rafwife! I am doing this for my health! and for my kids!! and for me....I WILL do this even though its going to be the hardest thing EVER, I have struggled with my weight all my life and its awful :nope: I will NOT let it happen to my kids, I need to set them an example, but that goes without saying and they have both had a very healthy diet since they were born and me being overweight makes me even more concious of that :thumbup:

I have as much weight to loose as a whole other person but I WILL do this, I have too....
thinking about starting my own journal to keep track cause this is going to take me at least 1year - 18m or thats what I hope...

94.7lbs of loss this week girls, that is AMAZING!! :happydance:

Now lets see if we can crack 100lbs this week!

feeling pretty crappy :( MIL made some pretty upsetting comments yesterday and has really knocked my confidence :( I know I am not a skinny stick, but at a size 14 I considered myself pretty average, well I guess in her eyes I am hugely overweight :(

buttonnose...i know that feeling...im always getting comments....:hugs: keep your chin up...at least your doing something about it...and at a size 14..(which is my goal size as im now 18) i dont think you should take their comments to heart...sometimes people have nothing better to do than to make others feel bad about themselves...which usually means they lack something themselves xxxxx

Im not sure if im going to be much of a "loser" this week...BUT i have walked 10 miles since my weigh in on thursday.
And next week....im starting my davina dvd back up again...:)

Hows everyone else doing??

Yey had a great day today..think my mind was preoccupied with work stuff so didnt think about food.
Had special K for breakie and lunch. For tea i had stew and a tiny bit of icecream afterwards. YUMMY
Hope you are all having a great day x

Done really well today after a poor weekend really need to focus, I also did Billy Blanks tae bo workout and I felt great afterwards.

Breakfast: spinach omelette

Lunch: homemade tomato soup

Dinner: Pork loin with veg

Snacks: handfull of grapes and strawberries

heey girlies!!
pleeease may i join in here...
i'm about to go and weigh now and see what i weigh and then find out exactly how much i want to lose.. then i'll start first thing tomorrow morning, coz i have a tub of ben n jerrys in the freezer :(
but as soon as its gone i'll have the motivation!!
and i got wii fit now and will hopefully be taking the baby walkin a lot more often!!!

edit... after this post has been sitting here for about an hour, i've discovered my scales arent working, so had a go at wii fit.. and it tells me
im 10st 1lb...so approx 141 lb,
and looking to lose about 22lb
which would make me 8st 5lb...

Sarah
xx

:hi: evening ladies how are we all?

AMAZING total weightloss for the group, well done ladies :hugs:

Have we heard from the other group with their score?

sorry i'm late PP, my total weight loss for 1 week is 7lbs not 5lbs:happydance:

I did a cheeky weigh in this afternoon, and even after skipping brekkie at the weekend I've lost 1,5lbs since Friday. Happy with that, as I've been off running.

Hi, may I join in?
I desperatly need to lose weight (for health reasons) - 3 months after birth my weight is 80 kg and my BMI is 29.5 so a little to near the obese rating for comfort.
I really want to get rid of my huge wobbly stomach, I swear I still look 5 months pregnant!
I'm trying to eat healthy and lose a little each week - so far I'm down from 83 kilos so it's at least a start but it doesent feel like much atm!

welcome to the group Danuta :hugs: Have you got an idea of what you want to do to lose the weight?

It's going to have to be mainly diet because the health problems I have makes exercise difficult. I will try to do plenty of walking though, instead of catching bus etc!
I'm trying to cut out all the really unhealthy foods and eat a lot of fruit and veg and not too much dairy and white bread and stuff. Most of my weight is round my middle and it's that what I really need to lose cos of health, but any things what are good for it (swimming and sit ups and stuff?) I cant do at the moment...any ideas about other things what might help especially with that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->