THE BIG WEIGHTLOSS THREAD! **Loser of the month with a massive 17lbs gone - Shanka**

My day has gone like this:

Breakfast: nothing didn't have time
Lunch: 2 crumpets with low fat spread
Dinner: home made chicken curry and jacket pot

Currently having a glass of red wine :blush:

rafwife you look great - am aiming for a body like yours!!!

happy birthday tigger tea and enjoy a birthday treat - it is only once a year afte all!!
my birthday is next fri so will have the same dilemma = luckily it is on weigh in day so will have all wek to behave!

hope you feel better soon holly

have stuck rigidly all day agaon to my calories - really need to find time to exercise now

keep up the good work everyone - it will be worth it!!!

Hello lovely ladies, well done to you all!

Had a good day too.
Breakie: special K
Lunch Half baked patato, beetroot and salad (was on a course so didnt want to look a knob at sit there a lunch getting out a bowl, some milk and my special K)
Tea: Salad, chicken.

Back to special K twice a day tomorrow. its lucky i really like it

Rafwife: i can see a big difference in those piccies...well done you
xx

I found this list of "snacks under 100 calories":
1 - 1/2 cup of sugar-free gelatin, any flavor, and two Tablespoons of low-fat Cool Whip.

2 - 15 chocolate-covered raisins.

3 - Stir 2 teaspoons of Hershey's chocolate syrup into a cup of coffee for Café Mocha.

4 - Tea - Russian style: Stir in 2 teaspoons of strawberry jam.

5 - 1/4 cup of fat-free Ranch dressing and 1 cup of mixed fresh veggies such as jicama, red bell pepper, celery, carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes.

6 - 6 saltine crackers and 2 teaspoons of peanut butter.

7- 1/2 cup of fat free ice cream.

8 - A luscious parfait: 1/2 c. of low-fat pudding layered into a parfait glass alternating with two crumbled vanilla wafers and a dollop of Cool Whip gracing the top.

9 - A wonderfully filling half sandwich made of 1 slice reduced-calorie bread, a thin layer of mustard, 2 teaspoons of apple sauce and 1 slice of deli-style thin-sliced turkey. Add lettuce and voila!

10 - Try another sandwich idea: 1 slice of reduced-calorie bread, 1/2 Tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 Tablespoon of fat-free raspberry vinegarette dressing.

11 - Over a small baked potato, spoon 1/2 cup of salsa and 2 Tablespoons of non-fat sour cream.

12 - I really like this one: one rice cake thinly spread with fat-free sour cream and sprinkled with 1 Tablespoon of crumbled blue cheese.

13 - Place a marshmallow on top of a graham cracker and microwave until gooey. Drizzle with a teaspoon of Hershey's chocolate syrup.

14 - Cut half an apple into slices and spread with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter.

15 - 1/2 cup of applesauce and 1 piece of toast cut into four sticks for dunking.

16 - Freeze 1/2 cup of orange juice and eat with a spoon. Nice little sorbet!

17 - 2 graham cracker squares each spread with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.

18 - an 8 oz. low-fat yogurt or a small container of low-fat pudding.

19 - 1 slice of reduced calorie bread spread with 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese mixed with 2 Tablespoons of applesauce and sprinkled with cinnamon. Especially good warmed in the microwave.

20 - a cup of coffee and a small biscotti.

... 1 cup of blueberries
... two kiwi fruits
... one cup strawberries with a teaspoon of fat free "whipped topping"
... 2 slices of deli turkey, spread with mustard and rolled into lettuce leaves
... 10 cashew nuts
... 3oz low fat cottage cheese and 3 whole wheat crackers
... tomato halves sprinkled with dried bread crumbs and broiled
... 1/2 of a small avocado
... 10 almonds
... 1/2 of an apple with 2 teaspoons peanut butter
... 10 pretzel sticks
.... 1oz cheddar or mozzarella cheese
... 2 wedges laughing cow cheese spread in 2 stalks of celery

Also came up with some of my own,

2 regular sized rice cakes = 90 calories (and I personally think for me that 2 is more than enough, they feel really filling to me)

Laughing Cow cheese- original gives you 2 wedges for 70 calories, their low fat is like 2 wedges for 45 calories, in my Biggest Loser 30 Day Jumpstart book, it says to have that with some sliced turkey lunch meat

For Quaker "Chewy" granola bars the box says 90 calories each (these are the ones that are not coated with chocolate)... they have chocolate chips and marshmallows and stuff and are good for a sweet fix; Kashi does cherry dark chocolate granola bars that I'm not sure about for calories but are probably much healthier also

Animal crackers are about 10 calories each,

1 hard boiled egg is about 85 calories and eggs are soooo good for you

Here are some more lists:
https://campushealth.unc.edu/index....option=com_content&task=view&id=258&Itemid=78

https://www.healthy.net/scr/HealthHint.aspx?Id=141

https://www.hap.org/healthy_living/womens/100_calories.php

https://www.mensfitness.co.uk/nutrition/nutrition_advice/1870/50_snacks_for_under_100_calories.html

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/healthy-snacks/low-calorie-snacks-0606

Well done everyone.
Sorry havent been on but ive had the kids home due to snow and my two youngest have been ill. I lost 2lbs last week.

Thanks girls :) I think other people should stick their pics up now ;)

I'm very excited about my first session with a personal trainer tonight! It's not until 8pm though, so think I may end up just having a protein shake for dinner.

Wow Nic, you can really tell the difference! Well done you!

I will post pics on monday after 2 weeks on my diet so theres 'something to show':thumbup:

Come on girls, its weigh in day tomorrow for some of you!!!!

https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/glitter%20graphics/HolyMoly-LMG2.gif

raf you look great.

I am so not confident to put pics up of myself, and besides i don't have the time or money to pay for a health warning to go with them lol

right! we are off food shopping tonight for the week so I have just written a 'meal plan' for our main meal each day and written my shopping list, I will not buy anything other than what is on my list! our meal plan is as follows (some meals are repetative as we will have enough for 2 days of meals as their is only the 2 of us)

Thursday - Chicken, salad & cous cous
Friday - (leftover) Chicken, salad & cous cous
Saturdays - out at MIL's ugh!
Sunday - Homemade turkey meatloaf, potato's and veggies
Monday - Pasta with pesto, bacon & pine nuts with some low fat garlic bread
Tuesday - (leftover) Homemade turkey meatloaf, potato's and veggies
Wednesday - Goulash, rice & veggies

Lunches will be a mixture of soup, tinned spaghetti, salad or sardines on toast

Breakfasts will be cereal, porridge or toast

Snacks will be fresh fruit, dried fruit or low fat yoghurt

How does that sound?

Saturdays - out at MIL's ugh!

:rofl: Love it!

For the other days, you have a lot of carbs going on. Are you planning on exercising? If so, carbs in small amounts are good a couple of hours before hand :) If not, I would cut the carbs a bit.

Also, try and stay away from tinned spaghetti. It's just salt, sugar, fat and carbs. No fiber, no protein, etc.

Your breakfasts and snacks sound fab, you're making me hungry now! :lol:

i have an addiction to carbs! *hangs head in shame* i am trying to cut them back because they set off my IBS if nothing else, although these past few days EVERYTHING is setting off my IBS so pretty miserable :(

trying to increase my exercise bit by bit :)

MIL has been a nightmare, asked me last weekend 'what happens to your wedding dress if you get FATTER?' (i haven't put anything on since i picked my dress!) she then said 'hve you thought about joining a gym?' followed by 'you should really join weight watchers', needless to say she made me feel pretty crappy about myself (she doesn't even know i am trying to lose weight to even make those kinda comments)

forgot my breakfast this am - usually have some fruit when i get to work and only have brought a tuna light lunch and 4 crispbreads and 2 cheese triangles with me to last until 630 when i get home

peed off that i have missed breakfast as i dont want my body to think i am starving it as it will stop metabolising at the same rate

will try and find a before photo later to post tonight and then another one at 2 weeks - personally cant see of feel any difference yet

button nose that is terrible for your mil to say those things to you
do you get on ok usually about other things or is she a continual pain in the butt?

why not say that her saying those things is not supportive and they really do not help!!!:hugs::hugs:

Well this morning I had a low fat miller yogurt and a cup of tea with 1/2 sugar
Just about to have brown bread chicken sandwich and 1 glass of fruit juice

Going to hoover and mop then play the wii fitness
cant wait to get my wii fit board in 2 weeks:(

Heres my before picture :blush:

IMG_0425.jpg

View attachment 56834

and WHERE exactly are you trying to lose weight from?:dohh:

Hi everyone :hi:

Looking forward in weighing in tommorw. Hope everyone else is doing okay :thumbup:

KimNxBeggsy-- You look GREAT in your pic. But I do understand that you want to keep that figure.

i have an addiction to carbs! *hangs head in shame* i am trying to cut them back because they set off my IBS if nothing else, although these past few days EVERYTHING is setting off my IBS so pretty miserable :(

trying to increase my exercise bit by bit :)

MIL has been a nightmare, asked me last weekend 'what happens to your wedding dress if you get FATTER?' (i haven't put anything on since i picked my dress!) she then said 'hve you thought about joining a gym?' followed by 'you should really join weight watchers', needless to say she made me feel pretty crappy about myself (she doesn't even know i am trying to lose weight to even make those kinda comments)

Wow, how rude of her. She's probably miserable and taking the focus off herself and trying to make you feel miseralbe to make herself feel good. Some people do that.

Yepp, those carbs are just as bad as (MIL) :rofl:

Congratulations on your wedding :flower:

View attachment 56834

and WHERE exactly are you trying to lose weight from?:dohh:

My arms face and tummy :blush: Just want to be a proper size 10 without it being tight:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->