THE BIG WEIGHTLOSS THREAD! **Loser of the month with a massive 17lbs gone - Shanka**

I have a question.. I made a thread about the calorie counter I’ve been using on my iPod Touch and how much I love it… but I was looking to see whether you girls agreed with it being right? I’m so scared of not eating enough and messing up my body or eating too much and doing the same :rofl:

It had me put in my weight and height, gave me a BMI and is keeping a chart of how much I eat and how much I exercise – I LOVE IT! Anyways, it told me that in order to lose 2 pounds per week, I need to consume 1040 calories a day… If I exercise or anything then it allows me more! I don’t feel like that’s right (the fact that I’m allowed more food if I work out, because I’m working out a lot and for some reason it just doesn’t make sense) Can someone help explain how it works to me?

congrats buttonnose! I got :sick: that early too. my first inkling I was preg was heaving when i ate the broccoli in my fave chicken and broccoli bake at 3w4d. :haha:

mandaa i'd be more worried at the fact it's basically halving what is classed as a regular, healthy calorie intake than that it allows you more if you exercise.

Do you know where I can find out what a healthy calorie intake would be for me while trying to lose weight? I'm kind of confused as you can tell, but thank you for your help!

I put all my details in here to see how many cals I should be having a day.

You will get a days free trial :)

https://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/lostart.htm?gclid=CNeE9YG2sZ8CFVtn4wodhHPT0w

thanks hun... i feel so overwhelmed, because I've been eating about 1040 calories a day and then exercising on top of that for hte past like 5 days and I don't want to be like starving my body iykwim?

I put in all my information and everythign on a website and it recommends for me to lose 2 pounds per week to eat about 1700 calories a day and exercise to burn off about 467 a day... I feel like I've been starving my body by like 1000 calories a day this week and now I feel badly - so I guess that I'll slowly increase my calories and continue working out and hopefully it will work out alright..

Thanks for your help ladies

You need to eat at least 1,200 calories a day to sustain your body. Preferably more.

A woman's daily allowance is 2,000 a day, and this is what we burn up just living day to day.

So if you eat 1,200 calories a day and you exercise and burn off 400cals, then you have technically only given your body 800cals in one day. So you need to eat more to make up the 400cals as 800 is far too little.

You need to make sure you're eating the right food though, especially when exercising as you need to give your body the right fuel.

You need to eat at least 1,200 calories a day to sustain your body. Preferably more.

A woman's daily allowance is 2,000 a day, and this is what we burn up just living day to day.

So if you eat 1,200 calories a day and you exercise and burn off 400cals, then you have technically only given your body 800cals in one day. So you need to eat more to make up the 400cals as 800 is far too little.

You need to make sure you're eating the right food though, especially when exercising as you need to give your body the right fuel.

Thank you! You are so knowledgable!!

I have to stop myself from going on and on :rofl:

If you have an iPod/iPhone, then have a look at programs like...

couch to 5K if you want to start running
200 situps to tone your stomach muscles
100 pressups to tone up your chest, back and shoulders
Yoga Relax to help you stretch out after a workout
livestrong for tracking your daily food calories and exercise
iFitness for lots of different exercises you can do at home.

I have to stop myself from going on and on :rofl:

If you have an iPod/iPhone, then have a look at programs like...

couch to 5K if you want to start running
200 situps to tone your stomach muscles
100 pressups to tone up your chest, back and shoulders
Yoga Relax to help you stretch out after a workout
livestrong for tracking your daily food calories and exercise
iFitness for lots of different exercises you can do at home.

Thanks hun xx :thumbup:

I'm so excited AND nervous to weigh myself on Friday... 2 days to go!! Anyone else feel like a little kid waiting for christmas?? :happydance:

me! I am so tempted to do it now "just to see"! But i am working on my willpower with everything this included!!

I will cry if i havent lost anything!!

Yep I have to stop myself looking all the time, so I just weigh myself twice a week now. One to see how I'm getting on and to encourage me, and the other to weigh in. :)

hello lovely ladie,
Me and OH are going shopping later and fancy getting some new things to try that are healthy any ideas?

Is feta cheese and sundried tomatoes ok?
Was thinking of making salads and pasta salads for lunch at work but not sure what to add to them.
Also which Oil is best for you to cook with?
I think i might look at some ideas on what to cook on the net...really please with myself as middle of the week is hard.

xx

Pinkgirl, you can't really go wrong with cooking oil as long as you use it sparingly. Avoid solid fats like crisco, margarine, butter, etc though.

I use sunflower oil for all my cooking, as it has not only polyunsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids, but also omega-6 fatty acids, rather than olive oil which just has the polyunsaturates and omega-3. Flax seed oil is also similar to sunflower oil.

Feta cheese and sundried tomatoes again are good, if the feta is eaten sparingly. It is very high in saturated fats, and about 100 calories per teaspoon, but it has a good amount of protein, vitamin B12 and calcium.

Sundried tomatoes are brilliant though. Very good for you.

Have a look for quinoa and/or bulgur wheat salads instead of pasta salads. Much less carbs, and higher protein. The extra protein will keep you fuller for longer and the fact it has less carbs will help you lose weight.

my day today....

Breakfast: wholemeal crumpet with low fat butter

snack: wholegrain and nut flatbread with low fat humous

exercise: 20mins cycling at quick pace, and 30mins weight training

snack: post exercise protein shake and banana

Lunch: tofu and vegetables

Dinner: thai green vegetable curry with wholegrain rice

Drinks: 2 cups green tea, glass of semi-skimmed milk, 4 glasses water

Im hardly eating anything due to be being ill. Bowl of cereal and tuna sandwich yesterday.
All ive had today is bowl of cereal, dont think iv even had a drink.

Pinkgirl, you can't really go wrong with cooking oil as long as you use it sparingly. Avoid solid fats like crisco, margarine, butter, etc though.

I use sunflower oil for all my cooking, as it has not only polyunsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids, but also omega-6 fatty acids, rather than olive oil which just has the polyunsaturates and omega-3. Flax seed oil is also similar to sunflower oil.

Feta cheese and sundried tomatoes again are good, if the feta is eaten sparingly. It is very high in saturated fats, and about 100 calories per teaspoon, but it has a good amount of protein, vitamin B12 and calcium.

Sundried tomatoes are brilliant though. Very good for you.

Have a look for quinoa and/or bulgur wheat salads instead of pasta salads. Much less carbs, and higher protein. The extra protein will keep you fuller for longer and the fact it has less carbs will help you lose weight.

Thankyou hun
Oooo will right that down and have a look when we go shopping later
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back