THE BIG WEIGHTLOSS THREAD! **Loser of the month with a massive 17lbs gone - Shanka**

my day today will be...

Breakfast: pineapple and banana

Lunch: corn chowder soup

snack:wheat and nut flatbread with low fat humous

exercise: personal training session, so not sure yet

snack: post workout protein shake

Dinner: spaghetti & meatballs (wholewheat pasta)

You are so put together and organized Rafwife! I wish I was as good with everything as you!

Today I'll have class in about 30 minutes... after class I have a 3 hour break so I think that I will go the gym at school and walk on the treadmill for 2 hours (lightly though, nothing intense) as I have another class right after and don't want to be sweaty and smelly! :rofl: I'll eat lunch after too!

Then I have another class which is an hour and a half, so I think I'll go to the gym again to do a more intense workout on the eliptical and then shower, as we have a meeting to go to at 7! Has anyone seen the biggest loser? I'm not sure if they have it over there? But I feel like today's my LAST CHANCE WORKOUT :rofl:

Is it better to eat before or after a workout? and if you can't do a certain one everyday is it detrimental?

Also to keep blowing up the thread... does anyone (Rafwife probably!!) know what a healthy BMI is?

I'm not good at all hun. I struggled with my weight for over a year after having Niamh and used to weigh around 230lbs. I used to cover myself up with big clothes, eat what I wanted and never looked in mirrors.

I used to be the most unmotivated person, and eating junk helped me feel that way. Sluggish and unable to do anything about it.

If I can drop the weight though, anyone can. :thumbup:

Good luck with the exercise after class :) If you're going to walk on the treadmill, put it on a slight incline. You won't really notice it, but it will be working your muscles more.

We do have the Biggest Loser over here, I love it :) Good luck with your 'last chance workout' :lol:

As for eating, you should eat complex carbs about 2 hours before a workout, and ideally have a protein shake straight afterwards (no more than 30mins afterwards)

Carbs will provide you with energy before your workout. Carbs break down into 3 different types of sugars, and this is what provides your body with fuel for exercise. Carbs also help your body not use protein as a form of energy. They must be complex carbs though. Brown bread, skimmed milk, leafy greens, dried fruit, fruit, museli, whole grains, etc.

Protein straight after a workout is fantastic. It will help your muscles recover quicker, but will also help you lose weight! You need to have a proper workout though, ie sweating and working hard ;) Protein will help rebuild muscle tissue faster as it has extra amino acids in it. You will also get an energy boost. Protein gives your whole metabolic system a big kick, which means you will burn fat more effectively while retaining muscle protein. It doesn't have to be a protein shake, these just give you a much higher concentrated amount of protein than found in food. Just eat something very high in protein as soon as possible after a workout.

Be careful with BMI too. It doesn't take into account muscle mass at all, and isn't a true representation of health. It should just be used as a guideline.

Thank you... I don't have any protein shakes so I'll have to see what else I can eat that's high in protein! It's sometimes hard for me, because I live on campus and am in school, so going around classes plus my 2 jobs is difficult, but I've been doing what I can when I can.

I love you guys - you're all so helpful! :hugs:

i wanna join i wanna join i wanna joooin. but pleeeeeeeeeeeease dont write my weight in pounds or kilos PLEAAASE.

current weight:15.2 in stones.
want to lose 5.2

NO POUUUNDS OR KILOS!!

I had a really bad workout today, I'm really demoralised :(

I had a really bad workout today, I'm really demoralised :(

sending :hugs: hunni!

I have tried so hard this week and will be dissapointed if i have not lost anything! had a good day today and yesterday...it will just be hard over weekend
xx

I ran a really crappy time. I mean I really tried hard and failed. I've had shin splints so that's partly the reason as I haven't been able to train. However I now have to cancel my weekend away and I was supposed to leave tomorrow AM. My CO will be pissed me and I've screwed up. I wouldn't have got myself injured if I'd look after myself better :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->